Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 13th April 2004, 15:18   #1  |  Link
trevlac
budala

Tweak Color - New Filter

Hi,

I added some functionality to Tweak.

http://trevlac.us/colorCorrection/TweakColor.zip

Basically, I added the ability to target specific hue and saturation ranges for hue and saturation adjustments. For example, you can target highly saturated reds (> 75% saturated) and reduce just them, leaving things like skin tones alone.

You can also do tricky things like changing the color of specific objects. For example, you could change the sky from blue to magenta, by targeting the specific hue/saturation range for the sky and then change the hue. This would require that other objects are not the same sky color, or they'd change too.

I also added some simple linear interpolation (smooth parm) for saturation changes, to help reduce contours.

-------- code (non)speed notes -----
I had to bypass the asm optimizations in Tweak because I don't know asm. Also, I made a lookup for the hue degree checking, to avoid atan() calcs, but the table is big. I'm not sure what people consider reasonable memory limits. The saturation range checking could also be done in a pre calc'd lookup, but I did not add that.

source and a test/usage script are included in the zip .....
trevlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2004, 20:29   #2  |  Link
AS

Sounds just like the tool I need to mask/fix the red glow, an effect of blindpp() on chroma.

Very nice, will report back after testing.
AS is offline   Reply With Quote