Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th January 2004, 00:44   #1  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

2.54 Jan 26 2004 error message re: avisynth_c.dll

The following appears whenever a script is run. After canceling the error, the script will run.

"The procedure entry point avs_new_video_frame_a could not be located in the dynamic link library avisynth_c.dll"
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2004, 12:57   #2  |  Link
albertgasset

Re: 2.54 Jan 26 2004 error message re: avisynth_c.dll

Quote:
Originally posted by DDogg
"The procedure entry point avs_new_video_frame_a could not be located in the dynamic link library avisynth_c.dll"
I get the same message. I have problems too to compile and use C plugins, error "Not an Avisynth C Plugin". I've found an error in "avisynth_c.h" line 18:
Code:
#define ACSC_USE_STDCALL 1

#ifndef ACSC_USE_STDCALL
Below in line 649 it uses "AVS_USE_STDCALL" to export "avisynth_c_plugin_init_s". With this fixed the function is exported in C plugins, otherwise no function is exported. I've tried to recompile avisynth_c.dll with this fixed but the errors remain. I keep trying to make the plugins work...

Edit: I'm using the last version of avisynth_c, 0.20.

Last edited by albertgasset; 27th January 2004 at 13:00.
albertgasset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2004, 17:48   #3  |  Link
sh0dan
Retired AviSynth Dev ;)

You probably have an old avisynth c plugin (not avisynth_c.dll, but something requiering it). Try cleaning it out and retry.
Old 27th January 2004, 18:38   #4  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Yup. It was CondTemporalMedian.dll that was in my plugin directory. Once removed, all is well.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2004, 12:02   #5  |  Link
albertgasset

Thanks shOdan, it worked. The C plugins I compile work only if I explicity load avisynth_c.dll in the script (or if it is in the plugin directory), but thanks again. You're doing a great work in Avisynth.
Old 28th January 2004, 12:11   #6  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
The C plugins I compile work only if I explicity load avisynth_c.dll in the script (or if it is in the plugin directory), but thanks again.
You don't need that anymore. Just open them with LoadPlugin. That should work fine. If not, then there's something wrong.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2004, 15:59   #7  |  Link
albertgasset

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbert
You don't need that anymore. Just open them with LoadPlugin. That should work fine. If not, then there's something wrong.
In Avisynth 2.5.3 it worked with LoadPlugin, but now in 2.5.4 I have to use LoadCPlugin after loading avisynth_c.dll compiled by myself. I've done some tests and I'm sure the problem is the "ACSC_USE_STDCALL" mistake I've mentioned above. This is a fragment of code in avisynth_c.cpp at line 558:

Code:
#ifndef AVSC_USE_STDCALL
    func = (AvisynthCPluginInitFunc)GetProcAddress(plugin, "avisynth_c_plugin_init");
#else // AVSC_USE_STDCALL
    func = (AvisynthCPluginInitFunc)GetProcAddress(plugin, "avisynth_c_plugin_init_s@4");
    if (!func)
      func = (AvisynthCPluginInitFunc)GetProcAddress(plugin, "avisynth_c_plugin_init_s");
#endif // AVSC_USE_STDCALL
Since "AVSC_USE_STDCALL" is not defined, it searches the entry "avisynth_c_plugin_init" in the plugin DLL, instead of "avisynth_c_plugin_init_s@4".
I've compiled avisynth_c.dll with this fixed and it works. I can't compile the whole Avisynth, but the error comes from the same place, so only changing the two ocurrences of "ACSC_USE_STDCALL" at the beginning of "avisynth_c.h" with "AVSC_USE_STDCALL" solves the problem.