Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 17th June 2003, 17:16   #1  |  Link
Bugsy

ConvertingDVtoDVD guide?

I am rather new to the use of Avisynth. I mainly use different filters, and their default settings to convert my DV-AVI (PAL) to DVD. I find Avisynth av very good tool to do this. I use CCE 2.66 (at max DVD bitrate settings, avg 6000, min 500, max 9000) with the following Avisynth script:

LoadPlugin("c:\windows\system32\Convolution3D.dll")
AviSource("c:\testfil1.avi")
convertToYUY2()
Convolution3D(preset="movieLQ")
DoubleWeave().SelectOdd()

I turn off all other filtering in CCE, and set 'Quantizer characteristics (flat part priority)' to 16. I am changing 'Quantize Matrice setting' to 'mb 1 interlaced DV' (thanks to mikeathome).

I'm getting fairly good results from these settings, it fixes the upper field first bug in CCE, and best of all good speed!

Is the Convolution3D(preset="movieLQ") and 'mb 1 interlaced DV' matrice a good pair....?
Are there any other settings/filters I should use to get even better results?

I have tested this script with the MSharpen() filter, but that filter corrupts my .m2v file...? (atleast Sonic MyDVD will not accept this file).

I soon hope the DV conversion guide: http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?pa...vertingDVtoDVD will be made.

I hope all the Avisynth experts in this forum will forgive a newbie question like this.

Bugsy
Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote