Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2003, 12:28   #1  |  Link
Jayce
DVD2one Team Member

!DVD2one 1.01 OUT NOW!

DVD2one V1.0.1
A lot has happened the last few weeks. Unfortunately also some unpleasant things, that took a lot of time to fix. Therefor I did not really have much time for development. But nevertheless here is a maintenance update of the program, with the following new features:

*Fixed some small issues with the IFO files. This should fix the following problems:
-Trial version didn't work correctly with Sony DVD players.
-Some players had problems with NTSC/PAL mix in the IFO.
-Some players stutter on the point of the original layer break when 'layer break bit' is set.

*Added much asked feature to choose the destination size.

*Added multi-language support (thanks to everybody who made the translations! ).

*Added support for CopyToDVD.
After processing the result can be directly written to DVD±R(W).
This will automatically deliver a 100% compliant DVD-Video disk, no need to worry about proper settings, directory, file and disk names.

*You can buy CopyToDVD here.
CopyToDVD is made by VSO.

*New registration code system.
The code from V1.0.0 will not work with this release.
To get a new code, just go to the download page, fill in your email address in the box and press Send New Code.
Old 18th February 2003, 13:44   #2  |  Link
mrbass

This is great news to many. Just tried 1.01 trial and works great. Looks good. Erwin can be commended for updating it in a timely manner. Can't argue with the speed. Don't ask why I'm up at 4:30am. Oh yeah there is a HUGE increase 94Kb 1.0 compared to 104KB. 10KB of security code...wow..gotta love that assembly language.

Last edited by mrbass; 18th February 2003 at 13:47.
Old 18th February 2003, 13:54   #3  |  Link
Jayce
DVD2one Team Member

hehe, well actually it's several K's of protection, and atleast 3Kb with languages (compressed ofcourse )
Old 18th February 2003, 15:02   #4  |  Link
Antonio S.

@Jayce:

Is there any improvement in quality, in the way this new version makes transcoding (encoding)?

For example: New bit allocation algorithm,some trembling that some movies has after transcoding, macro blocks, etc. Or is the same transcoder with just some bug fixed, plus new options?

Antonio S.
Old 18th February 2003, 15:03   #5  |  Link
Scarpad

Well I guess the ability to set destination size is so you can leave room for padding so you can externally do menu etc, It's not something I would use but OK, too bad just an option to add the menu could have been added as well.
Old 18th February 2003, 15:10   #6  |  Link
htc10825
Gladiator

TOO LATE!

If you've released it 2 weeks ago that could be a greate news. But now, after InstantCopy 7.0, I cannt recommend to buy.
Compare to the Pinnacle product it has very, very few feature and less picture quality, but you have to pay almost the same(47 vs. 49 EUR). I think it would be ok if you sell it for 15,-. (Years)Later, if this progr. can compress 2 (diff.)DVDs on one DVD-R with menu, you can sell it for $50,- and we'll buy it(if the people in Pinnacle haven't brought a similar solution).
Old 18th February 2003, 15:13   #7  |  Link
jazbab3

ic = crap.
Old 18th February 2003, 15:20   #8  |  Link
ThaMan

Quote:
Originally posted by jazbab3
ic = crap.
Dunno why.. just did a movie with MENU'S and left all the extra's out except the deleted scenes... And its awesome.
I not mind a 2 hour job to get a fancy DVD, Movie only can also be done with ifoedit
Old 18th February 2003, 15:24   #9  |  Link
wangofree

Re: TOO LATE!

Quote:
Originally posted by htc10825
If you've released it 2 weeks ago that could be a greate news. But now, after InstantCopy 7.0, I cannt recommend to buy.
Compare to the Pinnacle product it has very, very few feature and less picture quality,
I'm excited about ver 1.01. I will stand by DVD2ONE, waiting p a t i e n t l y for Erwin and team to methodically bring together new features when they can, and in doing so, making a great product even better!

Man, people are so impatient...such a "gotta have it NOW" attitude.

If you like PIC, great - stick with it and quit whinning about DVD2ONE.

WF
Old 18th February 2003, 15:41   #10  |  Link
int 21h
Still Laughing

Quote:
Originally posted by jazbab3
ic = crap.
Quote:
Originally posted by wangofree
If you like
INSERT DVD PROGRAM HERE

Quote:
Originally posted by wangofree
, great - stick with it and quit whinning about
INSERT ALTERNATIVE PROGRAM HERE.
Old 18th February 2003, 16:12   #11  |  Link
Antonio S.

@htc10825:

You are wrong about your numbers!!!

If you go the DVD2one way:

DVD2one > $53.00 USD
DVDcopy > $19.00 USD
Total > $72.00 USD

Options: Fast transcoding, file size option, and can burn to media (if you buy DVDcopy, however I am not sure if it can be done automatically).

If you go the InstantCopy way:

InstantCopy > $37.80 + plus shipping - rebates (if available)

Options: Better encoding (but slower), file size option, can include menu and extras, and can burn directly to media

So you can choose between speed vs. having the ability to copy everything.

Antonio S.

Last edited by Antonio S.; 18th February 2003 at 16:18.
Old 18th February 2003, 16:25   #12  |  Link
atreides93

yea but you forget, instantcopy doesn't work with certain disks. there are some known bugs that i and a few others have noticed where dvd2one works but instantcopy doesn't.
this one movie i'm trying to back up, instantcopy thinks its 4:3 but its really 16:9, and on top of that, it won't do it because it says it wont' fit on a dvd-r.

good luck getting those bugs fixed in a week or two.

i'm really amazed at the lack of patience from various users. they expect bug fixes in one week. look around, most software out there doesn't have a patch for months!
Old 18th February 2003, 16:28   #13  |  Link
Scarpad

I think it comes down to there will be some instances where Instant Copy is a good program to use and Others where DVD2One is a good program to use. Both these programs are worth owning and for way under $100 what's the big deal.
Old 18th February 2003, 16:30   #14  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: !DVD2one 1.01 OUT NOW!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayce

-Some players stutter on the point of the original layer break when 'layer break bit' is set.
If you haven't read it, here's the solution before processing with DVD2one. (See Post #6 on page 1) Removing Layer Break Guide
Old 18th February 2003, 16:54   #15  |  Link
Jayce
DVD2one Team Member

Hrmm we FIXED the layer break problem so you won't need that guide anymore
Old 18th February 2003, 16:58   #16  |  Link
int 21h
Still Laughing

Quote:
Originally posted by atreides93
i'm really amazed at the lack of patience from various users. they expect bug fixes in one week. look around, most software out there doesn't have a patch for months!
A good portion of the software for enthusiasts is/was based on GPL code and powered by the generally 'free as in beer' movement. A side effect of this is forgetting that in the commercial world, things only progress from 9 to 5, Monday through Friday for many companies. Whereas, open-source/open development programs often have patches out the same day (Many, many examples of this with trbarry's work, and Sh0dan's work, and Nic's work, and the XviD team)

So blame the efficiency of open source!
Old 18th February 2003, 17:05   #17  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayce
Hrmm we FIXED the layer break problem so you won't need that guide anymore
Sorry I guess I'm getting a little tired. I've been up the whole night trying out v1.0.1 on a 5 episode DVD I've been trying to do all this time. I was hesistating on doing with InstantCopy. An you know what? I finally did it and so far it looks great. I was trying to do Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Operation 2. Each episode was about 1.26GB. I shrank each one to 700MB and it worked out great. Now my DVD is about 4.6GB.
Old 18th February 2003, 18:51   #18  |  Link
herbapou

If you remove features when using InstantCopy you may end up with navigation problems.
Old 18th February 2003, 18:57   #19  |  Link
Scarpad

I think most players will definately lock if you hit something that isn't there. I think it's really made to do a 1:1 copy. You can shrink down the size of the features and you'll be OK, but I think you have to leave them there. What I wonder if possible is that IC could allow you to remove featurttes, trailer etc and put like a place holder there that would display and not lock the player.
Old 18th February 2003, 21:02   #20  |  Link
DaveKlassix

Just my personal opinion, is that I don't favor one particular prog DVD2one or IC. The reason being, both are useful for different situations. With movies that I actually like keep menus and extras shit, IC is great (for stuff that doesn't crash it). For movies i dont need extras, or even for movies I wANT to compress to fit more than one on, DVD2one is the way to go. Of course, i'm a total newbie to all of this, so my opinion, pry doesn't even count.
Closed Thread