Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 17th February 2003, 00:05   #1  |  Link
mickrick

How do I create a "No Menu" menu in scenarist.

I wnat a menu that cannot be selected as a particular type, ie Title, Root, Audio etc. These are known, I believe, As "No Menu's". Scenarist will not let me set a menu as a no menu. I have managed to do it by accident before but cannot repeat it.

Any ideas?
mickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2003, 13:23   #2  |  Link
kitchy

When I add a menu in scenarist, it always shows up as "No Menu", I usually have to set the identifier to each menu. But a workaround could be to add a dummy PGC, set the menu type you want to delete to this, then delete this dummy PGC and see if it works. (It SHOULD change menu ident when another menu has taken over that ident, at least it's doing that for me)
But you might end up with not being able to switch menu ident since it's allready in use, but you can try it out and see how it works out.

Kitchy
kitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2003, 15:04   #3  |  Link
Crazyjoe
Elvis Imitator

Re: How do I create a "No Menu" menu in scenarist.

Quote:
Originally posted by mickrick
I wnat a menu that cannot be selected as a particular type, ie Title, Root, Audio etc. These are known, I believe, As "No Menu's". Scenarist will not let me set a menu as a no menu. I have managed to do it by accident before but cannot repeat it.

Any ideas?
First of all, your pgc has to reside in a language domain! Either in one of the video manager or one of a vts!

When it's the first pgc you add to that language domain, Scenarist will automaticly the flag "Title", it it's in the video manager, or "Root", if it's in a vts. Scenarist WON'T set ANY other flag itself! In a video manager language domain there ALWAYS has to be a title menu, it's the same with vts language domains and root menus. So if you have just one pgc in the domain, you CAN'T change it to "No Menu"!

Every pgc AFTER the first in the domain will have no menu flag. It's that simple.
Crazyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote