Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 9th December 2002, 14:54   #1  |  Link
Beave

VCD out of sync after demuxing and muxing again

I have some MPGs which are really stubborn. I can play them fine over WMP and ZP, but if i demultiplex the video and the audio and join them back again in TMPEG the MPG results out of sync towards the end of the file. In the beginning it's fine though. Actually the audio file seems to be too short, so it plays earlier in the end.

I want to reencode them in DivX and realized that the sync issue happenes already on MPGS side without reencoding anything.
I think something has to be broken inside those MPGs. How can I fix them?

Or is their a tool that can grab the directshow output directly (audio and video) and frameserv it to any encoding program?

I tried avisynth with directshowsource, but unfortunatly it seems not to support audio yet.

I tried demuxing the audio with VDub, FlaskMPG and with Graphedit using the DUMP filter.

I hope this is the right forum for this issue.
Beave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2002, 15:27   #2  |  Link
htc10825
Gladiator

try to do so:
load the mpg file into VDub, select audio - full processing, then "save wave", compare the length of wave file and the displayed video-end time in VDub. Report.