Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD burning

Old 26th October 2002, 13:48   #1  |  Link
mits

SMALL FILES are NOT WRITTEN on Pioneer 104

Hello, to all of you.

My problem is that sometimes Pioneer 104 (firmware 1.30) with VOB instant 6.5 does not write all the small files like *.ifo, *.bup, so DVD's can not be play.
I tried to create an image and then burn but I face again the same problem. Even disable the DMA mode but still the same. In this case the burning speed was less than 1x.
The media (Princo) is fine, itís compatible with Pioneer.
I am using windows98se.

Please help, if anyone knows anything about this.

Thanks
mits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2002, 01:40   #2  |  Link
herbsman

I also have a Pioneer DVR 104 and had problems with VobInstant trying to burn .bup , .vob files [I was only trying the 6.0 & 6.5 demo versions-dunno if this was anything to do with it] Recently tried VobInstant because after editing with IfoEdit 0.94 to get 8Gb split to 2 DVD-R's I couldn't get the disc 1 folder to burn but the disc 2 folder would even tho in IfoEdit that both parts would play... Have to admit that I actually prefer to use Nero 5.5.9 ! Just using Smartripper 2.41 & then Nero [on files under 4.7 GB] burn perfectly. Playing on my stand alone player Sony DVP-NS305 & of course the Pioneer 104 . Dunno if this reply has helped any but I've had some of the same sorta problems that you speak of...
Old 28th October 2002, 10:37   #3  |  Link
mits

Thank you Herbsman for the reply,
Do you create an image before burn with Nero, or do you burn directly?
Does Nero support 2x speed for the Pioneer?
As you can imaging I never used Nero before, so I am quiet unfamiliar with the capabilities of this program.
Anyway thaks for your reply and I would try to find a working copy of Nero to do some burns.

Regards
mits
Old 28th October 2002, 21:55   #4  |  Link
alexnoe
Banned

Of course does Nero support 2x speed, but you must media which is good for 2x writing (or the hacked firmware, then you can make coasters at 2x on media which is not good for that speed).

My first Nero DVD-Video disc was a coaster: Stupid Nero created a Joliet system and long ISO names.
alexnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2002, 22:28   #5  |  Link
herbsman

Nero 5.5.9 most certainly does support X2 media and of course the Pioneer DVR-104 does too. Recently burnt a DVD back up on a X2 media format bought fairly cheaply (FWS X2 - £0.84) , had absolutely no problems!! The DVD plays in DVR-104 & Sony stand alone. As to the question of do I make an image file before burning with Nero..? The answer would be , no I don't . I can if I so wish but there's no need to create an ISO if all the files (ie: .bup , .vob etc) just burn after drag & drop into VIDEO_ folder !: ]-~ Cioa for now

peace out
Old 30th October 2002, 22:37   #6  |  Link
herbsman

alexnoe

Surely there is a box to be unticked as to the joliet mode isn't there... Nero did give me that problem with a few mp3 I wanted to burn [joliet filename exceeds warning popped up]. I have version 5.5.9.9 now and Nero really does seem to be better in quite a few different ways. As always tho , I'm not recommending Nero tho (it's a personal choice] but I'm just letting ppl know what works for me..tried & tested - as it were.

How High - Redman & Method Man (Directed by Danny De Vito) LOL

Peace , love and light HERB
Old 31st October 2002, 08:59   #7  |  Link
mits

Thank you all for the replies
I already did 5 burns with Nero 5.5.9 and it seams to work just fine.
The only problem that I face is that sometimes, when I use the wizard to create a new DVD-Video when I hit the burn button Nero shows an "Unexpted expetetion" or something like that error message.
In that case I create manualy an DVD-Video following the wizard to create a DVD-Data. The problem here is that can not find how to make the DVD UDF/ISO compatible. Therefor and without that it plays perfectly both on PC and stand alone player Pioneer 717.

Regards,
mits