Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 23rd July 2002, 19:10   #1  |  Link
IGuaNAdoN

possibility of OverScan added to D2S...

I did a search and only found one question regarding adding this option. I read the readme and did not notice this as something in the works. Is there any possibility that this will be added to DVD2SVCD? I know this is not something that you would want to have with projectors and such... but I capture lots-o-cartoons and such for the kids to watch on TV and thought this may be helpful.

Thanks for the Great Program.
Old 24th July 2002, 19:35   #2  |  Link
Dreassica

just do the border settings yourself by testing what is needed to display the movie right on your TV set without it cutting off part of the piccie due to overscan. I found out i hadf to use a Number of 40 in my AVS script to get the picture not to be cut off at the left side, while the other sides only needed 19 or so!1 Seems my TV has a weird way of overscanning. Maybe it's the CVD resolution (352/576) that has something to do with it>>
Dreassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2002, 21:06   #3  |  Link
pacohaas
Audio Moderator

This Thread may help. As it says, you'll need to modify the resolution to fit your needs.
Old 25th July 2002, 00:33   #4  |  Link
IGuaNAdoN

And just like in the other thread on this matter... the point is lost. I do not need to know how to do it. I was asking if it was on a list to be added. Don't get me wrong. I do thank you guys for trying to help. You see, if I want to do batch convert I have a hard time editing the avs for each element of the batch... seems like my ageing fingers can't hit the X fast enough. Maybe I just need to learn how to edit the .d2s file and set the Project position. Maybe I need to read the free pie thread again. I guess this may not be an important feature to add.

Thank you again