Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video

Old 16th March 2002, 15:26   #1  |  Link
808state

Pinnacle DV500 Plus Version 3.0/VirtualDub XP

Pinnacle DV500 Plus Version 3.0/VirtualDub XP

Has anyone got his or her DV500 Plus working with VirtualDub under XP? Currently I have two capture cards installed (ASUS Ti500-DV500 Plus) the only card I can choose to cap with is the ASUS. I assume I will need to uninstall the ASUS Ti500 drivers and hopefully Vdub will recognize the DV500.

At the moment I am in the testing phase with the DV-500 Plus, I just installed it and wanted to make sure everything is working ok before doing a clean install of XP and all the new drivers/updates.

Will the DV500 Plus capture @ custom resolutions with VirtualDub? Will there be any hoops I have to jump through to get the thing working with Vdub?

Thanks much
808state is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2002, 19:21   #2  |  Link
StephLG

Hi 808state,

I'm sorry to say that but you'll never be able to capture with your DV500 with VDub, no matter what OS you choose.
In order to capture under VDub, you need a VideoForWindows driver (vfw). The DV500 has its own proprietary driver and cannot capture in a format other than Pinnacle's DV codec. The is done in hardware.

I know this is sad, I also own a DV500 (not Plus).
Old 16th March 2002, 21:08   #3  |  Link
808state

Bummer yes, but this now gives me an excuse to get much more familiar with Premiere’s advanced features! I can always Frameserve my clips created with Premiere and apply resizing/filters as needed.

Thanks for the info.
808state is offline   Reply With Quote