Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 15th March 2002, 05:37   #1  |  Link
LabRat2k2

Problem w/ beginning of movie

First off- I'm new at this, and I just want to say for the record that the guides here at Doom9 are kick ass- thanks!! I just ripped/burned my first DVD to DVD-R but I have a slight problem with the beginning of the movie- In chapter 1 it is jerky and alternates between French and English credits... After chapter 1 everything is great... I've read, re-read, and read again all the related guides here, and I can't figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong... What I've done:
1) Ripped whole disk w/ DVD Decrypter
2) Used IFO edit to strip only the main movie & english audio (or so I thought)
3) Burned with Nero...

Am I missing something? Did I skip a crucial step? I did notice that when I previewed the movie in DVD2AVI per the guide it did the alternating french/english thing there too... I tried analyzing this problem in VOBrator but I can't make heads or tails of the vob ID numbers... Has anyone had a similar problem, or know what may be the problem? Thanks a bunch!

LabRat

To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of Life's problems !!!! - H. Simpson
LabRat2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2002, 22:52   #2  |  Link
falcor
sumdumschitt

i had a similar problem one time and in my case anyway, it turned out that the dvd was interlaced. try using dvd2svcd and using the smart deinterlace setting.

falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2002, 23:14   #3  |  Link
datqng

I would use DVD2AVI to view the VOB and take notes of the VobIDs that are French then later use "VOB Extras" to strip those.
datqng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2002, 02:34   #4  |  Link
jdobbs

The movie is multi angled. It follows two tracks for English and French. The only time you typically notice it is during the opening titles and the end credits (when it would normally be showing only one or the other depending upon the angle playing). There are several ways to fix it. Search for "multi-angle" in the forum. Not sure how the method you're using changed the flow... it depends on what you removed I guess. Anyway, what I normally do is re-rip just the angle I want with SmartRipper (it can do it from the hard drive as well as the DVD) and use the resulting VOB (without the French portions in my case).
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote