Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 10th March 2002, 11:42   #1  |  Link
yorkie984

How do i get a Divx movie with Ogg Audio to play in BSPlay??

I have installed the Directshjow filters and the ACM codec and these now play fine in windows media player and zoom player but I really want to be able to play this file in BSPlay. When ever I try to open a file with Ogg audio it says "unknown file format".
I cant even open the file in Virtual dub so that I can re-encode the audio.
So exactly what am i supposed to do with Ogg encoded movies??
Most players wont play them and most conversion software won't open them!!.
Any help very much appreciated..

TIA

Yorkie.
yorkie984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2002, 12:07   #2  |  Link
Vanos_b

Ogg audio in .AVI files is not such a good idea. Why don't you use .OGM? It can be used (almost) in any player (including BSPlayer, tried it myself), has faster seeking and no sync problems (I didn't had any, anyway). BTW: you could try to install Tobias' OggDS, I don't know if it works, but it's worth a shot.
Old 10th March 2002, 12:23   #3  |  Link
Ripe73
DVDR Freak!

Hey

Is Mplayer2 the only player with support for Oggcontainers with subbs?
Old 10th March 2002, 12:24   #4  |  Link
Kb_cruncher
replecant

it is better to name your file with the .avi rather than .ogm(this is so that your player will start playing the movie without having to go into the "folder options=>file types"in explorer and assosiating the .ogm ext with your player.other than that it really makes no difference at all.
if you used the oggACM filters to do your movie chances are it won't play properly.you'll need to do the movie again using the oggDS filters and graphedit.

thrers an exellent guide to do this @ www.doom9.org
Kb_cruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2002, 17:50   #5  |  Link
yorkie984

The problem I was having was playing an existing movie (not one I encoded myself) from one of the ripping groups. If I was ripping myself I'd stick to good old MP3.
Renaming the file to OGM did the trick. I can't beleive it was that simple...

Thanks for the help.
yorkie984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2002, 21:17   #6  |  Link
Neo Neko

Quote:
Originally posted by Kb_cruncher
---===it is better to name your file with the .avi rather than .ogm(this is so that your player will start playing the movie without having to go into the "folder options=>file types"in explorer and assosiating the .ogm ext with your player.other than that it really makes no difference at all.===---
This has already been discussed elsewhere. If you just rename the file to AVI temporarily to watch it that is one thing. But do not leave them with that extension and then let someone else get ahold of em. It will only cause havoc. Likewise I see no use in renaming my movies in OGG to OGM. Is it just me or can I tell when an OGG is a movie or not? It would be like naming an AVI with a video stream to AVM just to gifferintiate betwene it and an audio only AVI. Anyway just don't trade em or the like with that extension. I have run acrost several *.mpg files that were actually ASF files some moron had renamed. Maybey it works in windows when you use WMP. But under any other OS it will not play. I had to scratch my head on it for a while till I got back to a win box.
Neo Neko is offline   Reply With Quote