Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 22nd May 2018, 09:16   #1  |  Link
frandan

Manually blank audio track on m2ts

Hi to everyone,
i usually used bd-rebuilder or multiavchd to blank unwanted audio track on bluray structure.
Now i would blank manually an audio track as i compressed the main movie with x264 without bd-rebuilder and i would create the new m2ts, using tsmuxer gui, without an audio track (blank). Can i reproduce manually the blanking feature and make working the new bd structure (menu, audio selection,etc)?
Thank in advance
frandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2018, 22:55   #2  |  Link
ggtop

For that purpose you'll need a BR authoring software. Any special reason you do NOT use BDRB in this case?
If I understood you correctly you already have a working BD structure with menus etc.

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2018, 16:42   #3  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I believe the player will reject without any consequences any request to select a particular, inexisten audio track, so you do not need IMHO to alter the BD stucture. Of course, if this is the only change, the deletion/removal of an audio track.
Old 26th May 2018, 09:57   #4  |  Link
frandan

First of all thanks for the answers.
For ggtop i compressed the main movie with megui to choose my preferred codec setting and to have more control over the final result.
For Ghitulescu, my doubt is the way i should use tsmuxer for the m2ts, mpls and clpi files: if i have to omit the unwanted audio track simply or i have to insert some kind of empty track.
Old 6th June 2018, 23:17   #5  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by frandan View Post
First of all thanks for the answers.
For ggtop i compressed the main movie with megui to choose my preferred codec setting and to have more control over the final result.
Sorry for the late response. My idea would be a place the MeGUI output into BDRB working directory and to re-do the final step (muxing) in order to obtain a working BD.
If you want to completly blank a track replace it by an empty track. As long as the file names match BDRB will pick "your" files up I think. Make sure the file sizes match at the end e.g. for a BD-25 or use BD-50 first with no compression, replace and then BD-25. That's waht I would try....

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 09:46   #6  |  Link
frandan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
Sorry for the late response. My idea would be a place the MeGUI output into BDRB working directory and to re-do the final step (muxing) in order to obtain a working BD.
If you want to completly blank a track replace it by an empty track. As long as the file names match BDRB will pick "your" files up I think. Make sure the file sizes match at the end e.g. for a BD-25 or use BD-50 first with no compression, replace and then BD-25. That's waht I would try....

ggtop
Thank you for the answer.
I did it. I made the new mpls m2ts e clpi with tsmuxer including all the tracks , even those I did not want . I replaced them into the original bd structure with the correct names and i corrected the mpls link with bdedit. Finally i blanked the unwanted audio track with bdrebuilder. If i knew what kind of blank audio track i would have to insert, i could skip the bdrebuilder step. If i don't insert any track to substitute the unwanted one in tsmuxer, how i suspected, the original menu stop working correctly.

Tags
bd-authoring, blank, tracks