Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 8th October 2012, 23:34   #1  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

CallCmd v1.04 - x86 & x64 -Execute command

Plugin to execute command on selectable frames or at startup or closedown.

Code:
	v1.00,      - 08 Oct 2012, Changed Frames spec, added Open,Close
	v1.01,      - 21 Oct 2012, Add Synchronous Arg.
	v1.02,      - 1 Jan 2013, Add error message on fail.
	v1.03,                  , SetLastError(ERROR_SUCCESS) prior to call.
	v1.04,      - 3 Apr 2018, compile VS2008 (+x64)
Code:
CallCmd() by StainlessS:- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=166063 

Based on Call by Nic:- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=46506

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CallCmd() by StainlessS

CallCmd(clip,string "Command"="", string "Frames"="",string "Insert"="",int "Digits"=6,bool "Once"=true,int "Offset"=0,
  bool "Hide"=false,bool "Debug"=false,string "Open"="",string "Close"="",int "Synchronous"=7)

Command (default"")
 A command string that will be executed on each frame specified by the Frames arg. Can contain a single INSERT arg character
 which will be replaced by a string representing the frame number with optional OFFSET. If the command naturally contains the
 INSERT character then choose a different INSERT charcter or use two INSERT characters in the Command string to escape it
 (one of them will be removed in the executed command).

Frames (default "")
 String to specify the frames upon which the COMMAND arg is executed.
 Comments beginning with '#' can occur in the FRAMES arg, SEMICOLON Cannot be used in a comment.
 SEMICOLON ";" or NewLine [Chr(10)] is used as a frame specifier terminator.
 COMMA "," specifies a frame range where the 2nd range end number can be '0' meaning last frame, and eg '-4' meaning 4 frames. 
 "0,0" Specifies ALL frames.
 Example: 
    FRAMES="
      1           # This is a comment, calls on frame 1.
      3;5;7       # Calls on frames 3 and 5 and 7, SEMICOLON is SOFT End Of Line and terminates any COMMENT.
      8           # Call Frame 8 ; 10 # *** IMPORTANT *** And because of SEMICOLON also calls on Frame 10.
      14,16       # Calls on frames 14 to 16, COMMA specifies a frame range.
      18,20;22    # Calls on Frame range 18 to 20 and frame 22.
      24,-4       # Specifies frames 24 to 27, ie 4 frames starting at frame 24.
    "

Insert (default "")
  Single character which will be replaced in the Command arg string by frame number + OFFSET arg.
  If the command naturally contains an INSERT character then choose a different INSERT arg charcter or use two INSERT characters 
  in the Command string to escape the naturally occuring one (one of them will be removed in the executed command).

Digits (default 6)
  Minimum number of digits generated in inserted text that replaces the INSERT character in the COMMAND arg.

Once (default=true)
  If true then only executes frame commands once on each frame, if replayed, does not exec 2nd time.

Offset (default 0)
  Offset added to frame number when generating text inserted into a frame command replacing the INSERT character.

Hide (default false)
 If true, hide black console window on command execution.

Debug (default false)
 If true, sends debug info to DebugView Window.
 DebugView (Highly recommended, allows viewing of info and warnings from the plugins and other programs)
 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb545027

Open (default "")
  Command executed on plugin start up (Constructor), before first frame.
  No string replacements, ie INSERT, DIGITS and OFFSET have no effect.

Close (default "")
  Command executed on plugin close down (Destructor), after last frame.
  No string replacements, ie INSERT, DIGITS and OFFSET have no effect.

Synchronous (default 7, range 0 - 7)
  The Synchronous arg is a group of 3 bitflags, 
    bit 0 if set means wait for process to terminate before returning from the 'Open' command.
    bit 1 if set means wait for process to terminate before returning from the 'Frames' commands.
    bit 2 if set means wait for process to terminate before returning from the 'Close' command.
      0 = All Asynchronous, ie dont wait at all.
      1 = Wait only on 'Open' command.
      2 = Wait only on 'Frames' commands.
      3 = Wait on 'Open' and 'Frames' commands.
      4 = Wait on 'Close' command.
      5 = Wait on 'Open' and 'Close' commands.
      6 = Wait on 'Frames' and 'Close' commands.
      7 = Wait on ALL commands (default).

Beware, if you dont wait it is very possible that any future reliance upon output of command may fail due to the
   output file being in use. Also, if debug true and waiting for process to complete, then will also show the process return
   code on successful process creation (and completion) in DebugView, cannot do this if NOT waiting completion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CallCmd, does NOT replace single quotes with double quotes in Command string, was source of problems in Call().
Instead wrap eg filenames containing spaces in double-quotes using perhaps:

Function QuoteStr(String s) { return Chr(34) + s + Chr(34) }

or use triple and single double-quotes eg

CallCmd(BlankClip,Close="""d:\nicecho.exe @d:\report.txt "Appending" """)

---
Executing on each playing, on every frame, hiding console window, sending debug info to debugview, and converting
command string on frame eg 0 to  "C:\PortableApps\ImageMagick\Mogrify.exe -flop C:\Temp\000000.tif"

CallCmd(clip,"C:\PortableApps\ImageMagick\Mogrify.exe -flop C:\Temp\#.tif", "0,0",Insert="#",Once=false,Hide=true,Debug=true)

At Open, executes delete on wildcard files silently, without asking confirmation.
  CallCmd(Open="""cmd /c DEL /Q "C:\TEMP\test_*.tif" """)

To execute DOS type commands, in DOS console type "cmd /?" for cmd options, and eg DEL /? for delete options.

ssS
Zip included Avsiynth v2.58, avs+ v2.6 x86, and Avs+ x64 dll's, + source (~75 KB).
req VS 2008 runtimes.

Available from MediaFire or SendSpace in Sig.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 4th April 2018 at 01:03.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 01:27   #2  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Posted here by Martin53:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...90#post1594690

Code:
CMD= "cmd/c del " + QuoteStr(TMPDIR + BASENAME + RD_NSTR + EXT) +
\ " && ren "+ QuoteStr(TMPDIR + BASENAME + INSERT + EXT) + " " + QuoteStr(TMPDIR + BASENAME + RD_NSTR + EXT) +
\" && " + QuoteStr(IM) + IMCMD + QuoteStr(TMPDIR + BASENAME + RD_NSTR + EXT)
#RD_NSTR = "%0"+String(DIGITS)+"d"
RD_NSTR = "000000"
How about this.

Code:
ColorBars().ShowFrameNumber().ConvertToRGB24().Trim(0,499)
IM="C:\PortableApps\ImageMagick\Mogrify.exe"   # ImageMagick Mogrify exe
TMPDIR="C:\Temp\"                              # Output directory for images
IMCMD =" -flop "                               # Image Magick Mogrify Command, Horizontal Flip (Or whatever).
TYPE  ="tif"                                   # Extension type
CMDFILESPEC=QuoteStr(TMPDIR + "#" + "." + TYPE)
CMD= QuoteStr(IM) + IMCMD + CMDFILESPEC
DEL= "cmd /c del /Q " + CMDFILESPEC
W=Width                                        # Remember orig width
#
ImageWriter(TMPDIR,0,-1, type=TYPE).RT_AverageLuma(n=0,w=1,h=1) # Force 1st image else error in ImageReader
# --------------------------------
ImageWriter(TMPDIR,0,0, type=TYPE)
CallCmd(CMD,"0,0",insert="#",once=false,hide=true)
StackHorizontal(ImageSource(TMPDIR+"%06d."+TYPE,0,FrameCount-1))
Crop(W,0,-0,-0)                                # Comment out to show input and h-flipped output side by side
CallCmd(DEL,"0,0",insert="#",once=false,hide=true)
Return Last
# --------------------------------
Function QuoteStr(String s){Chr(34) + s + Chr(34)}
Works OK, deletes every frame after use and just before frame delivered to eg VDUB, no scriptclip.
Tried going backwards and jumping about, seems to still work without problems and no images left in TMPDIR.
If you set up a RAMDISK for temp files/file (and perhaps imagemagick), it might fly like a bat out of hell, then again it might not.
RAMDISK.SYS or similar, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RAM_drive_software).
Would be interested in hearing if it made much (if any) difference.

EDIT: Actually, the DEL command seems to take quite a bit of time to execute, perhaps CMD.exe would need to be on ramdisk too,
or a better, a lightweight DEL type command obtained. It's disappointingly slow compared to the figures you gave for scriptclip
version, dont know why yet.

EDIT: See RT_Stats RT_FileDelete().

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 3rd November 2014 at 16:31.
Old 20th October 2012, 17:55   #3  |  Link
martin53

StainlessS,
hope you don't mind that I respond so late. I'm very much involved in my daytime job and the frame substitution filter. Same will apply in the future, i'm afraid.

Does C++ offer a "wait for return" switch for a shell call? With Visual Basic Script shell calls, I know such a switch.
I never mentioned it before, because all Calls I could imagine would not reasonably continue before the shell command was executed. But it's a different thing with the DEL command. That could well be finished asynchronously.
martin53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 17:56   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

CallCmd waits for the process to both start and end (as Call did), I guess I could add an arg to return immediately,
It might well be the CMD.Exe that is slow to start though, I know it checks eg AutoRun type entries
in the registry and probably an amount of other startup stuff. (CMD /D disables AutoRun).
I'll add the arg soon.

EDIT: RAMDISK dont seem to be beneficial, guess that the ScriptClip single tif version is hitting the disk cache
all of the time and therefore gives better performance.

Last edited by StainlessS; 21st October 2012 at 17:59.
Old 21st October 2012, 21:41   #5  |  Link
jmac698

What would be really cool is to call an external program on frames and be able to return an image. There are some pretty cool filters (research) that you could call that only work on one frame. Usually they only support one frame or simple bmps. There are a lot of extra steps to make them process video. Being able to simply embed a command line to serve frames to external image processing would be amazingly easier.

I think it's quite easy to code; just read out the current frame in a loop and write it as a temp file as a BMP (the format is quite simple to do), call the command, the command does "process -i in.bmp out.bmp" and have the program wait, then read out.bmp and return that to Avisynth. If you have everything setup for development, it's just a few more lines of code; except writing the .bmp part, but I've done that by hand, you can copy the header from any existing file and just change the width and height and file length values. All I remember is it starts with BM

One more feature, I might need at least 3 passes so next version have option to send each plane as separate calls (either r,g,b or y,u,v)

Oh you know how nice that would be.. instead of fiddling with command lines and loading the results in an image viewer, it can all be done in AvsP with instant preview, all it's features for script editing, user sliders! It's like istant gui for cmd line.

Last edited by jmac698; 21st October 2012 at 22:01.
jmac698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 21:41   #6  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

CallCmd() v1.01, New version, added 'Synchronous' arg.

@Jmac, oops you just clipped me.
Think that the suggested plug would be another filter.

Quote:
a command line to serve frames to external image processing would be3 amazingly easier
I look forward to it with baited breath.

EDIT: I dont really see it as being any great improvement over using ImageWrite/CallCmd/ImageRead combo, just
a lot more work for YOU.

Last edited by StainlessS; 21st October 2012 at 22:04.
Old 21st October 2012, 22:00   #7  |  Link
jmac698

Oops, someone had that idea... what's this "ScriptClip single tif version"
jmac698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 22:12   #8  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...54#post1594454

Also, dont know if you did eventually find the Showchannels update (as requested).
Page 2 of Usage section.

EDIT:
@Martin53,
trust you saw the MDepan stuff in RT_Stats (last post), together with the StrReplace problem that you would encounter
(fixed here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...53#post1596053)

Last edited by StainlessS; 21st October 2012 at 22:32.
Old 1st January 2013, 22:11   #9  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

New version v1.02, Appends system error message on fail when debug=true (debugview).
See first post.

Old 13th November 2013, 18:31   #10  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Can any DOS wizard assist here ?

What I want to do is execute a line like this

Code:
 C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K "C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB"
Where

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" is the DOS CLI

/K means keep console window open on completion (will eventually use /C ie close on completion)

"C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB" is command to be executed by the DOS CLI together with args for target executable.

What I want is to redirect output from ffprobe (written to DOS CLI console window via stderr or stdout) to a file,
is there a way to redirect output from a NON DOS command (DOS COMMAND being eg DIR) where the NON DOS
command does not provide a way to accomplish same thing.

thanks in advance

Old 13th November 2013, 18:45   #11  |  Link
martin53

I don't own ffprobe.exe . But generally the job split is like this:
- All executables should write to the streams stdout, stderr etc., i.e. this is not restricted to cmd.exe-internal commands.
- Cmd.exe allows to redirect or pipe stdout to a file with the '>' operator overwriting or '>>' appending.

There is a Syntax '2>' to redirect "stream 2" stderr: Try 'NonexistentCommand 2>test' at the command line. The file 'test' will contain cmd.exe's error message.

You sure tried
'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K "C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB" >Path\File'. What did happen instead of the expected behaviour?

EDIT: Many old compiler packs contained a program TEE.EXE. You pipe any program's output to TEE and give TEE a file name. TEE mirrors its input to both stdout and the file.

Last edited by martin53; 13th November 2013 at 18:49.
Old 13th November 2013, 18:48   #12  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Can any DOS wizard assist here ?

What I want to do is execute a line like this

Code:
 C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K "C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB"
Where

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" is the DOS CLI

/K means keep console window open on completion (will eventually use /C ie close on completion)

"C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB" is command to be executed by the DOS CLI together with args for target executable.

What I want is to redirect output from ffprobe (written to DOS CLI console window via stderr or stdout) to a file,
is there a way to redirect output from a NON DOS command (DOS COMMAND being eg DIR) where the NON DOS
command does not provide a way to accomplish same thing.

thanks in advance
Use this:
Code:
 C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K "C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB 2> file.txt"
P.S. Please don't refer to the NT CLI as "DOS".
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 18:55   #13  |  Link
martin53

Cmd.exe does not expect everything after /C or /K to be one quoted string.
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB 2> file.txt
should work as well, and also
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i "D:\AVS\AVI path with spaces\TEST.VOB" 2> "D:\Output path with spaces\file name with spaces.txt"
Old 13th November 2013, 18:55   #14  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Dang but you are correct.
Had already tried same but failed, musta screwed up somewhere and thought it down to cmd.exe needing executable string at END of line
(according to "CMD /?").

Thank you.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
P.S. Please don't refer to the NT CLI as "DOS".
I consider my bottom, justly smacked

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th November 2013 at 17:41.
Old 13th November 2013, 18:58   #15  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin53 View Post
Cmd.exe does not expect everything after /C or /K to be one quoted string.
Typo, sorry. I'm sure Stainless figures it out.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 20:02   #16  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
I don't own ffprobe.exe
ffprobe.exe is part of ffmpeg, although may not always come with all packages.

Using string to CallCmd (EDIT: well actually RT_Call, but almost same thing)
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K "C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe" -i D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB 2> D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.TXT
obtains this in TEST.TXT

Code:
ffprobe version N-44264-g070b0e1 Copyright (c) 2007-2012 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Sep  7 2012 17:35:17 with gcc 4.7.1 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-pthreads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-
frei0r --enable-libass --enable-libcelt --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm 
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora 
--enable-libutvideo --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs 
--enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil      51. 72.100 / 51. 72.100
  libavcodec     54. 55.100 / 54. 55.100
  libavformat    54. 25.105 / 54. 25.105
  libavdevice    54.  2.100 / 54.  2.100
  libavfilter     3. 16.100 /  3. 16.100
  libswscale      2.  1.101 /  2.  1.101
  libswresample   0. 15.100 /  0. 15.100
  libpostproc    52.  0.100 / 52.  0.100
[mpeg @ 0231c500] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5024000
Input #0, mpeg, from 'D:\AVS\AVI\TEST.VOB ':
  Duration: 00:08:49.63, start: 499.807267, bitrate: 5068 kb/s
    Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 720x576 [SAR 64:45 DAR 16:9], 7500 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16, 384 kb/s
    Stream #0:2[0x81]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
EDIT: This seems best solution for in/out paths containing SPACE characters:
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /K C:\BIN\ffprobe.exe -i  "D:\A V S\AVI\TEST.VOB" 2>"D:\A V S\AVI\TEST.TXT"
Quotes around both input and output files but not about ffprobe.exe, if ffprobe.exe path changed to "D:\A V S\AVI\"
then fails, could not find any combination of single/triple quotes that worked for all three paths.

EDITED:
One of the problems is that, enclosed in quotes, ffprobe complains about it's own file name being supplied as an arg to ffprobe,
perhaps it is only an ffprobe problem, and not a general prob.

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th November 2013 at 02:11.
Old 1st December 2013, 15:54   #17  |  Link
martin53

Just updated to V1.02 as you proposed, but now cannot open my clip any more:
I just need CallCmd in destructor.
But V1.02 complains about the empty frames string and refuses to go on. Btw the V1.02 plugin has name 1.01 on mediafire - or I'm struggling with 1.01 and 1.02 was not published.

M53

EDIT: not true. The new version complained about the other calls that were not yet corrected to the new syntax, but still read "-3" as frame identifier, instead of using the new 'Close=' parameter.

Last edited by martin53; 1st December 2013 at 16:14. Reason: found the bug
Old 1st December 2013, 19:09   #18  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Sorry, yes v1.01 should have read v1.02, just forgot to rename the containing folder before zipping, shall re-upload now using correct name.

Quote:
The new version complained about the other calls that were not yet corrected to the new syntax, but still read "-3" as frame identifier, instead of using the new 'Close=' parameter.
Dont know what you mean by that,

something like this
Code:
colorbars
CallCmd(command="CMD DIR C:\",frames="-3",debug=true)
Produces this debug output, last line being error message clip returned
Code:
00000001	0.00000000	CallCmd: Constructor IN	
00000002	0.00001575	CallCmd: CallCmd: v1.02 - 01 Jan 2012 - by StainlessS	
00000003	0.00004092	CallCmd: Command for Frames = 'CMD DIR C:\'	
00000004	0.00016734	CallCmd: FRAMES: About to Parse Frames String	
00000005	0.00019256	CallCmd: FRAMES: Line 1:1  *NON PARSE* $-3 @ -3

This being more like call on close
Code:
colorbars
CallCmd(close="""CMD /C "DIR C:\" """,debug=true)
producing
Code:
00000001	0.00000000	CallCmd: Constructor IN	
00000002	0.00001629	CallCmd: CallCmd: v1.02 - 01 Jan 2012 - by StainlessS	
00000003	0.00004046	CallCmd: Command for Frames = ''	
00000004	0.00006518	CallCmd: Close Command (Destructor) = 'CMD /C "DIR C:\" '	
00000005	0.00018594	CallCmd: FRAMES: About to Parse Frames String	
00000006	0.00021042	CallCmd: Doing command on 0 Frames	
00000007	0.00023386	CallCmd: Constructor OUT	
00000008	2.17909861	CallCmd: Destructor IN	
00000009	2.17913342	CallCmd: Close (Destructor) on command 'CMD /C "DIR C:\" '	
00000010	2.23332262	CallCmd: SUCCESS Creating Process (WAIT)	
00000011	2.23336267	CallCmd: WAIT, Process returned 0 (0x00000000)	
00000012	2.23341632	CallCmd: Destructor OUT
What script are you trying ?

EDITED:

EDIT: OOPS, now I understand, you mean your script still used old frames spec of -3, thought you meant that
the new version still worked with old spec, silly me.

Last edited by StainlessS; 1st December 2013 at 19:37.
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:35   #19  |  Link
martin53

StainlessS,
I got everything running . I was trying to say that I used 3 calls, and only had converted one to the "close=" syntax. Therefore, the first of the other two remaining script lines produced the output you wrote: "...*NON PARSE* $-3 @ -3" - and I misunderstood this as an error message of the line I had already changed. After I also changed the other two lines, it was fine!
Old 5th December 2013, 23:40   #20  |  Link
vampiredom

I simply MUST try this ... I would love to get rid of my crazy Call25Helper.exe hack. Unfortunately, I have been really short on time to test out new things. I will try this out and get back to you. Thanks, Stainless.
vampiredom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call, execute