Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 23rd September 2012, 17:34   #1  |  Link

DGDecNV 2043 release Candidate

Here is a release candidate for 2043. Please beat up on it and report any issues here. Thank you.

[link removed as 2043 has been released]

Build 2043
----------

* Support DXVA mode. Note that DXVA mode requires D3D mode to be enabled.

* Add support for AVC field order reporting.

* Implement field order reporting on preview (used to be done only on save project).

* Make field/frame repeats display in display order in the info dialog (previously was incorrectly
shown in decode order).

* Correct inaccuracies in film percentage reporting.

* Report more information in the 'Options/List GPU Devices' dialog, including the VP engine version.

* Initial window size of DGIndexNV is increased to 488 x 320.

* Added a fun anime public-domain splash screen.

* Revised the INI file version handling so that an existing INI file isn't defaulted by a new
DGIndexNV version unless the INI file format actually changed.

* Progress percentage is now reported to standard output during save project as in DGIndex.

* Fixed a bug that caused the wrong frame size to be written to the DGI file if cropping was
first enabled and then disabled.

* Fixed a bug such that an Avisynth script was created even though script creation was disabled.

* Update documents for latest functionality.

Last edited by Guest; 9th October 2012 at 21:38.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2012, 23:03   #2  |  Link
rack04

Thanks for the new release. I was reading through the "DGIndexNVManual" and it states:

Quote:
Decode_Modes=0/1/2,0/1/2,0/1/2: The order of the parameters corresponds to AVC video, MPEG2 video, and VC1 video. A value of 0 selects CUVID decoding; a value of 1 selects CUDA decoding; a value of 2 selects DXVA decoding. For example, "Decode_Modes=0,1,0" causes CUDA to be used for MPEG2 video and CUVID for AVC and VC1 video. By default, CUVID is used for all video types. Note that DXVA decoding produces much better quality deinterlacing but also requires D3D mode (you must have UseD3D=1).
When I run DGIndexNV for the first time it creates the settings file. In the file the default is "Decode_Modes=0,1,0" which if I understand correctly the default is CUVID decoding for AVC and VC1 and CUDA for MPEG2. Right?

Also did the command line behavior change in this release? I am seeing a lot of information on the cmd screen that I didn't see before.

"C:\Program Files\DGIndexNV\DGIndexNV.exe" -i "E:\Work\The_Lorax.h264" -o "E:\Work\The_Lorax.dgi" -h

Last edited by rack04; 23rd September 2012 at 23:13.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 00:21   #3  |  Link

I'll fix the doc discrepancy; thank you for pointing it out, rack04, and for all your helpful feedback over the years. I am a stickler for accurate documentation and so I really do appreciate reports like your's.

The change list in the post above your's mentions the progress reporting to standard out. If it bothers you or creates problems for batch files, then redirect standard out to NUL.

What is it for DOS?

>NUL

I believe. If that is not sufficient, let me know and we'll work something out.

Last edited by Guest; 24th September 2012 at 01:03.
Old 29th September 2012, 10:58   #4  |  Link
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
* Support DXVA mode. Note that DXVA mode requires D3D mode to be enabled.
Does that mean that in the future frameserving with AMD cards will also be possible.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 12:39   #5  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Does that mean that in the future frameserving with AMD cards will also be possible.
No, it does not.
Old 29th September 2012, 13:11   #6  |  Link
hajj_3

is it not possible to make DGDecNV using OpenCL as that would allow intel/amd/nvidia to work?
hajj_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 13:35   #7  |  Link

Maybe, but I'm never going to do it, simply because it I have no personal need for it and my available time is already claimed by other things.

BTW, 2043 has been released.

Last edited by Guest; 29th September 2012 at 13:38.