Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 29th July 2012, 01:46   #1  |  Link
j7n

IVTC with Cuts on Field Boundaries

I have an NTSC "mostly-Film" video that has been edited as video and cut at field boundaries, so that only one half of some frames directly at the cuts are available.

If I run TFM(pp=0).TDecimate() on this clip, the incomplete frames are almost always dropped, and decimation leaves behind duplicates of other frames.

Such as in this example, the first and last fields of the spinning mouse aren't included, and frames 13 and 14 of the children are the same.

One solution is to cut the video and process each shot manually, inserting a half resolution frame from a parallel bobbed clip. I have begun doing this, but it is a pain since each shot is on average 2 seconds. Is there any method to automate this?
j7n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 02:07   #2  |  Link

I think, formally, this does what you ask, although it's a low-quality bob (simple interpolation).

telecide(blend=false)
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 04:32   #3  |  Link
j7n

I solved this issue. All I had to do was disable scene change detection with scthresh=100.0. TFM will now leave half of the incomplete frames alone and, with high enough combing detection thresholds, substitute just them from clip2. While I would manually pick the frames with least detail do deinterlace, this works well enough.
j7n is offline   Reply With Quote