Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > NLE - Non Linear Editing

Old 17th April 2012, 23:32   #1  |  Link
Deathbliss

Simple program like Movie Maker for creating movies?

I'm using Windows XP. Movie Maker, on my crappy old laptop, works fine, except for one major problem. I can't place the video tracks where I like over the audio to fine-tune it.

Is there a program, free/open source or cheap, that works just as well as Movie Maker, not requiring fancy video cards and system resources, that also allows you to put video files wherever you want over an audio track, that also imports basic formats like .avi and .wav, and does not get caught up in stupid frame rate issues like Lightworks, and which does not have video playback issues to see the results of your work like any Pinnacle product?

Here's what I have tried so far, so don't recommend these, unless you know a away around the problem I had with it and are willing to share that:

Jakasha - crashes
Pinnacle VideoSpin - Chops up video files, no playback of final result
Lightworks - Too picky, can't load some files
z64 - Crashes
EZ Vid - No import for wav
Wax - crashes
Pinnacle Studio HD - Won't play preview movie

Appreciate any help. Just creating a montage .avi files and a soundtrack I made with Audacity.
- Deathbliss
Deathbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 19:13   #2  |  Link
manolito

Try VideoPad by NCH software.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 14:16   #3  |  Link
BillB

Simple program like Movie Maker for creating movies?

I also would like to see and work with is a K.I.S.S. Principle editing program like the following:
A VERY simple Cutting tool much like the old film Moviola, where VOB files are streamed across the view window in FRAMES (at least 3 to 5 frames wide) and stopped at any single frame to pick the First Cut Spot then moved to the Second Cut Spot. When both are satisfactory, a simple CUT button will Delete the section and merge the remaining parts for the next edit, just like the old film days. Of course the usual Load, Copy, Paste, Save, buttons are needed to, but the simpler the better. Using the mouse wheel for frame by frame advance and reverse would be great! The Left and Right mouse buttons to Play and Rewind would be nice! Suggestions please!
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 17:36   #4  |  Link
JoeH

I agree with manolito. VideoPad is the best free NLE.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 15:09   #5  |  Link
rambof07

yes, VideoPad is one such great video editing that can help you making your video stuff!
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:02   #6  |  Link
waynezo

Looks Good

I'm so tired of Windows Movie Maker Live. Sound effect library is cool. Are there any preset titles and credits?

The people at Doom9 always have the best info
2 ATI Radeon HD 4770 Video Cards
6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD HD
2 HANNS-G 28" Monitors
2 Hyundai 19" Monitors
waynezo is offline   Reply With Quote