Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th October 2011, 16:21   #1  |  Link
juGGaKNot
Registered User
 
juGGaKNot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 733
64bit Benching

I want to make a 64 bit bench ( searched the web and only found 32 bit ones )

I'm thinking of using a y4m ( http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/y4m...am_1080p24.y4m or http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/y4m...2k_1080p24.y4m )

1 - How can i cut y4m files ?
2 - Do i need any special options ? ( i'm thinking of x264-64 --quiet --preset slow --level 4.1 --bitrate 4000 )
3 - Any other thoughts ?

Cheers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
If they can beat x264 in visual quality on ordinary test clips without postprocessing, I'll eat my hat.
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 04:34   #2  |  Link
Chikuzen
typo lover
 
Chikuzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by juGGaKNot View Post
1 - How can i cut y4m files ?
2 - Do i need any special options ? ( i'm thinking of x264-64 --quiet --preset slow --level 4.1 --bitrate 4000 )
3 - Any other thoughts ?
1. avisynth + rawsource.dll can read y4m. and, avs2yuv or avs2pipe(mod) can output video as y4m.
2. Probably, it is good to use --demuxer y4m and "--output NUL"
3. Since y4m is uncompressed format, the filesize is huge. You should take care about the HDD speed becoming a bottleneck.
__________________
my repositories
Chikuzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 17:33   #3  |  Link
juGGaKNot
Registered User
 
juGGaKNot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 733
Quote:
2. Probably, it is good to use --demuxer y4m and "--output NUL"
3. Since y4m is uncompressed format, the filesize is huge. You should take care about the HDD speed becoming a bottleneck.
Ok, will think about it, probably 30 seconds clip.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
If they can beat x264 in visual quality on ordinary test clips without postprocessing, I'll eat my hat.
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.