Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 10th July 2011, 16:13   #1  |  Link
pancserzso

using Avisynth as a 2D compositing tool

I know what amazing things Avisynth is capable of and I imagine it can easily be possible with Avisynth, but I am not on a level of writing a script myself.

What I would like to do is to load a dozen or so sources and merge them on top of each other, like if they were layers in Photoshop or After Effects. What I have in mind is that Avisynth could easily replace the most basic functionality of After Effects, namely, loading sources, moving them around the timeline and compositing them onto a final movie.

I would like to write this script but there are parts I don't know how to do. For the source I will use ImageSource() with PNG images in RGB + Alpha format.

Is there any way for Avisynth to merge sources on top of each other using the supplied Alpha channels?
Is there any way for Avisynth to merge sources on top of each other using operations like screen, overlay, multiply, darker, lighter, etc.?

If yes, could you point me to some reference about how to do it? I am mostly interested merging using Alpha channels.

Last edited by pancserzso; 10th July 2011 at 16:15.
pancserzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 16:34   #2  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

See the Layer function.
It doesn't have all the merging modes of Photoshop, but it will get you started.