Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 19th October 2010, 15:30   #1  |  Link
gautev

jpeg 2000 error concealment

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a project on which I will investigate different error concealment methods in jpeg2000. I started this thread so I could ask different questions regarding my project.

I'm using jj2000 as the coder, and my system is like this. jpeg2000 frames are put into rtp/udp/ip/ethernet-packets. I randomly drop packets according to a packet error rate, and I wil compare ways of concealing the errors.

naturally I have tons of questions, that I would use this thread to get and answer to, OK?

---

I have an image with 8 quality layers. This image will go over 2774 ethernet packets, and with a packet error rate of 0.001, I loose for example 3 frames. The result is that some of the codeblocks are distorted. HOWEVER, when I remove the 8th quality layer. The distortion goes away... everytime! The packet loss is totally random. I also experienced once that I hade to remove the 7th layer as well before the distortion goes away.

I can't understand why it allways goes away with removal og tha last layer, when the packet loss is random.

Here's an image, you should use irfanview. KDU_SHOW(kakadu) will not open as some headers seems to be lost as well.
gautev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 22:24   #2  |  Link
gautev

Perhaps JPEG2000 is not a well-used format in here. Anyway,

I'm going to use some yuv10 files from VQEG to encode using jj2000 or kakadu. However, I have no idea what to do with these files. There is no program that will open them, and there is nothing I find googling that can help me. I need some lossless fileformat for the encoder, YUV10 won't do.

Anyone?
gautev is offline   Reply With Quote