Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2012, 12:59   #1061  |  Link
fleon

@CruNcher
Ok then I will transfer the video again, but I have to do it myself, because the guy that did it only knows that way to do it (with Mjpeg), so could you please recommend me a software and a lossless format to do it? (As I said he used a Pinacle software, but I'm now sure if that software will be compatible with a lossless format), and also please guide me with some settings?, I know I ask for a lot but it's the video of my brother and I first year( I am the first one that appears on the video and my brother is the second one), so It will mean a lot if you help me out.

Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:09   #1062  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
Hi what is currently a very hard interlace sample that brings yadif to its knees (shimmer and other leftovers) where QTGMC shines in a direct compare very clearly ?
This, maybe?

http://www.mediafire.com/?ixrqo8osqk6i8w7

Sorry the small sample is so big - the 24MB filesize split (roughly) into 8MB for TGMC , but 16MB for Yadif.

DVB source file: http://www.mediafire.com/?lerqqj990atqf5l

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Old 4th February 2012, 05:02   #1063  |  Link
CruNcher

Wow intel does not that bad on the first sight less artifacts (especially shimmering,aliasing), thx Didee 1000 thx also for the direct comparison gonna post results shortly, yup definitely in realtime less shimmering also aliasing looks almost comparable to TGMC on the Edges from the table but im comparing Realtime currently, and the motion failure it showed in the previous test sequence i would say doesn't weight as heavy as compensating this very visible issue more efficiently https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...&postcount=675 .

@ fleon for transfering you could use virtualdub www.virtualdub.org as lossless codec lagarith http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

PS: Sorry took a little longer https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...&postcount=689

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 5th February 2012 at 02:25.
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:48   #1064  |  Link
zerowalker

Is there any advantage in using QTGMC on YUY2 instead of YV12?
Old 22nd February 2012, 04:08   #1065  |  Link
-Vit-

YUY2 has twice the chroma vertical resolution of YV12. Only useful if your source is YUY2. Read the small note in the first post regarding the setup of QTGMC for YUY2.
Old 22nd February 2012, 04:12   #1066  |  Link
zerowalker

Yeah but i mean, in the end it becomed YV12, so does it matter if i do QTGMC before or after the convertion?
As in YUY2 i think that QTGMC is extremely slow.
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:38   #1067  |  Link
-Vit-

Ah well if, you're encoding to YV12 not YUY2 then there will be much less difference. I guess using QTGMC before the conversion to YV12 might retain fine vertical chroma detail a little better by the end. I doubt it would be very noticeable in most cases.
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:13   #1068  |  Link
zerowalker

Okay thanks;D
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:03   #1069  |  Link
Weirdo

I'm getting the "there is no function named yadif" error with the "faster" preset. Is this to be expected? Should I manually add yadif to script?

update: Ok, I manually added Load_Stdcall_Plugin("F:\...MeGUI\tools\yadif\yadif.dll" and it worked.

Last edited by Weirdo; 23rd February 2012 at 14:32.
Old 25th February 2012, 06:22   #1070  |  Link
horrormaster34

Does QTGMC just deinterlace with the presets or does it also do sharpening, denoising, noise stabilizing, etc.? I basically just want to use QTGMC to deinterlace and nothing else.
Old 25th February 2012, 09:47   #1071  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

I'm still using this as the basic setup as suggested by -Vit-:

QTGMC(matchpreset="very slow",SourceMatch=2,Lossless=2,EZKeepGrain=0.4,Sharpness=0.1)

Usually I also set the defaults preset to "very slow" and use tr2=0 to avoid any extra smoothing.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:52   #1072  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster34 View Post
Does QTGMC just deinterlace with the presets or does it also do sharpening, denoising, noise stabilizing, etc.? I basically just want to use QTGMC to deinterlace and nothing else.
It's all very well explained in the readme/html which comes along with the download/english instructions on the first page of this thread
(Q)TGMC is doing more magic as simple bob().
Old 25th February 2012, 14:59   #1073  |  Link
Weirdo

I'm getting update warnings from MeGUI on eedi2 and tdeint. Has this something to do with the "Vit-mod" plug-ins I'm using?
Old 25th February 2012, 15:57   #1074  |  Link
-Vit-

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster34 View Post
sharpening, denoising, noise stabilizing
You will get a little of all three if you provide only a preset and no other settings. QTGMC is not really trying to be a sharpener or denoiser, this happens mainly a byproduct of the processing used to avoid shimmer. The light temporal smoothing / denoising improves compressibility, and the sharpening provides some detail enhancement. Despite the fact that this moves the result away from the source, most people like those effects.

The impact on noise is often very minor, and you may not care to do anything about it, especially since it will involve more processing. However, some people do take the sharpness down, and that's a free operation, e.g. Sharpness=0.4 or 0.7

However, if you really want something that's *very* close to the source, then Boulder's suggestion above is the right way to go about it. Although his MatchPreset choice is very high and will slow it down - I would usually leave that out and set an explicit Preset for clarity:
Code:
QTGMC(Preset="Slower",SourceMatch=2,Lossless=2,EZKeepGrain=0.5,Sharpness=0.1)
SourceMatch specifically tries to make the deinterlace as "lossless" as possible without introducing shimmer. EZKeepGrain helps preserve the noise from the original. These are not default settings because I think most people want the slight denoise/enhance. Also these settings are slower - you can speed up the Preset a little without any major loss. I would strongly suggest an MT setup (see the first post).

__

On a related note, there was a flurry of activity a couple of days ago when the MSU Deinterlacer v2.0 was released. They released it with a "paper" that "showed" their deinterlacer beat all the competition (including QTGMC) on PSNR and SSIM tests (I use the word "paper" loosely - results without critical points of methodology such as settings). Those metrics alone are a very poor measure of deinterlacing quality as Didée demonstrated - their deinterlacer fails terribly on real world samples.

However, I mention this here because the SourceMatch/EZKeepGrain settings above greatly increase the performance of QTGMC on such metrics, without any significant ill-effects except performance. Some quick testing with the line above puts QTGMC in line with MSU v2.0 on SSIM, but without all the nasty visual problems of MSU.

Last edited by -Vit-; 25th February 2012 at 17:42.
Old 27th February 2012, 20:05   #1075  |  Link
zerowalker

Anyone here know how to Blur every Two chroma line.
Like This: MergeChroma(last, SeparateFields(last).BilinearResize(width,height/4).BilinearResize(width,height/2).Weave())

But by using Kernel, not some resizing.

Why i asked here is that it´s well known Deinterlacing thread and i thought, maybe someone knew something about this.

Sorry for wasting your time for this, it´s about Solving the PAL Hanover Bars.
Old 27th February 2012, 20:44   #1076  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
Anyone here know how to Blur every Two chroma line.
Like This: MergeChroma(last, SeparateFields(last).BilinearResize(width,height/4).BilinearResize(width,height/2).Weave())
But by using Kernel, not some resizing.
Nothing to do with QTGMC, but the answer to your question is:
MergeChroma(SeparateFields().Blur(0,1).Weave())
Old 27th February 2012, 21:45   #1077  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vit- View Post
Some quick testing with the line above puts QTGMC in line with MSU v2.0 on SSIM, but without all the nasty visual problems of MSU.
MSU is not that good at all on real content- no near QTGMC- don't care about their PSNR graphs, looks like they are meaningless.
Old 27th February 2012, 22:47   #1078  |  Link
zerowalker

Thanks!
Sorry to bother you about it;O!

But, know for a question about up to date 64 bit, is it still the NEDDI or what it´s called that is the only problem on 64 bit front?
If so why can´t it be compiled to 64 bit, isn´t it pretty easy to just make an easy convertion?

(not a programmer so just stating what i think)

EDIT: The thing you showed Gavino isn´t using Kernel as i wanted, thanks anyway;D

Last edited by zerowalker; 28th February 2012 at 00:08.
Old 4th March 2012, 19:44   #1079  |  Link
canuckerfan

I'm messing around with some IVTC technique and when I try this:
Code:
deint=QTGMC(Preset="Slow",EdiMode="nnedi3(field=1,qual=2)").selecteven()
tfm(mode=3,order=1,clip2=deint,slow=2)
tdecimate()
It seems to playback almost in realtime. But I know QTGMC is a slow filter, so it I think it's not being used. Can QTGMC even be used like this?
Old 4th March 2012, 21:06   #1080  |  Link
-Vit-

From the docs:
Quote:
EdiMode (string) : Interpolation method, from "NNEDI3", "NNEDI2", "NNEDI", "EEDI3+NNEDI3", "EEDI3", "EEDI2", "Yadif", "TDeint" or "RepYadif", anything else uses "Bob"
Your EdiMode setting is not recognized so it uses "Bob", which will be fast.

However, what you're trying to do wouldn't make sense for QTGMC anyway. EdiMode is used to create a first attempt at a bob, which is then deshimmered (and slightly super-resolutioned) by the remainder of the algorithm. All the EdiModes output double rate. A single rate EdiMode like NNEDI3(field=1) wouldn't have shimmer because all the frames would are derived from the same fields (top or bottom). That would make the remainder of QTGMC rather redundant - you'd get some temporal processing, but of what use I dunno. I.e. Even if QTGMC supported this it may be little different than NNEDI3(field=1) on its own.

Last edited by -Vit-; 4th March 2012 at 21:18.
Closed Thread