Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 23rd September 2009, 05:38   #1  |  Link
ConsciousEffect

AVI Import Filter error: (unknown) (80040154)

Hi im a newbie to dvdripping/encoding, after watching a few tutorials on avisynth/virtualdub on youtube i decided to attempt to follow the steps of one of them for a first try. So I ripped my Return of the King DVD into vob files using dvddecrypter and loaded them up in dgindex set it to forced film mode and saved my d2v project file, i then made this avisynth script

MPEG2Source("C:\Files\vid_test\rotk test\ROTK.d2v", cpu=6)

saved it as a .avs and proceed to open the newest version of virtualdub64 and attempted to load the .avs file but received this error message

AVI Import Filter error: (unknown) (80040154)

from the information i was able to find with google apparently i need to "register my filter in vista" with a command called regsvr32, this is as far as i am able to get, the dialogue box that pops up when I type that command in may as well be in a foreign language, and it starts talking about servers and stuff i have no idea where servers come into this picture, im quite confused and i wish virtualdub would just work! but uh any help would be appreciated, and thanks for you time guys, peace.

Last edited by ConsciousEffect; 23rd September 2009 at 05:47.
ConsciousEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:15   #2  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

You should stick to 32-bit everything. Your error comes from attempting to load a 32-bit filter into a 64-bit program, which won't ever work. You'd have to compile your own copy of DGDecode to get a 64-bit version (or use squid_80's very old one), the vast majority of plugins aren't. The speed difference is marginal.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 22:43   #3  |  Link
ConsciousEffect

thanks foxy i wanted to use the 32bit but the websight made it look like it wasnt supported anymore, ill see if this works!

odear probably unrelated but heres a new error message,

Avisynth open failure:
Script error: there is no function named "MPEG2Source"
(C:\Files\vid_test\rotk test\ROTK.avs, line 1)

my script reads;
MPEG2Source("C:\Files\vid_test\rotk test\ROTK.d2v")

Last edited by ConsciousEffect; 24th September 2009 at 22:51.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:00   #4  |  Link

You need to either put DGDecode.dll in your Avisynth plugins directory or load it explicitly with:

LoadPlugin("path\DGDecode.dll")
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 23:03   #5  |  Link
ConsciousEffect

yep i just got it all working thanks a bunch guys, and thank the maker for doom9
Old 31st October 2010, 17:07   #6  |  Link
sinz718

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
You should stick to 32-bit everything.
How do you tell...they are all 32 bit? And what programs should be 32 bit? I use Megui to index and edit and create my avs script, then load it to vdub 1.9.10 add it to job queue after encoding 2 jobs this error comes up:AVI Import Filter error: (unknown) (80040154) every time.

Method's tried already:
1. Reinstalling Avisynth 2.5.8
2. * AVI Import Filter error: (Unknown) (80040154) - solution: A missing dll might be the problem: msvcr71.dll msvcp71.dll should be in the windows\sytem32 directory or windows\SysWOW64 (Windows 7 64Bit)
- FIXED - Is not fixed for me...from This link
3. Tried to replace FFMSindex.exe to reindex. Anyone know of other Avi Decoders/indexers?
4. Loaded a AVS script with the code: Version () loads fine and shows version. So it's not Avisynth.

I would love to get this working for me because hell I got a lot to encode and would love to be able to do what I need It to do over night.

I was going to try to install Avisynth 2.5.7 as some have said this fixes there problems but I don't want anything to get messed up. Should I try It? What happens to the plugins in avisynth if I do this?

Hope to get some assistance cause I am at a loss on figuring this out amongst my other many problems with apps...

Running win7 64bit.
------------------------------------------
SOLUTION:

1.Packed All avisynth plugins into a .rar file.

2. Uninstalled everything I wanted to use.

2 1/2. I used an application called CCleaner to clean out my system.

3. Installed Virtual dub 1.9.10

4. Installed Avisynth 2.5.7

Added plugins I will be using and any additional required plugins that are needed to allow the ones I use to function. So in turn my problem was with an avisynth filter I added.

Created my index's of my files and .avs scripts then loaded each one into Vdub added filters of Vdub and added each file to Queue No problems at all !!!

Figured It out on my own and hope this helps someone in the future.

Last edited by sinz718; 1st November 2010 at 15:28. Reason: SOLUTION: I did it myself... cause no one came forward.
sinz718 is offline   Reply With Quote