Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd June 2009, 11:48   #1  |  Link
wiggle

Stripping intro movies

Hi all,

I'm into making BD25 copies, in other words, I strip & encode blurays to fit on BD-R format. This is going very well, but I'd also like to strip intro movies, so the player goes directly to the main menu. What I tried is making a dummy video file (I cut off a couple of milisecs of black video), using TSMuxer and hit "Create bluray".
Then I had a .m2ts dummy file and a .clpi file belonging to the .m2ts. I tried to replace intro movies by these files, but when I tested it, the intro movies indeed were gone, but instead, the screen stayed black for the entire time of the original intro movie playback. Conclusion is that somewhere in other files, the playback time is noted. I thought maybe this is the playlist file, but I cant seem to create my own playlist files. The one TsMuxer generates, always points to 00000.m2ts.

I hope someone can be of assistance

Thanks in advance!
wiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 19:29   #2  |  Link
kooibosmania

Hi Wiggle

You 'll have to find the playlist (or mpls file) that plays your m2ts and make some modifications to it by hand which is dificult to explain.
the playlist determines what m2ts to play and for how long

chearz
kooibosmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:23   #3  |  Link
wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooibosmania View Post
Hi Wiggle

You 'll have to find the playlist (or mpls file) that plays your m2ts and make some modifications to it by hand which is dificult to explain.
the playlist determines what m2ts to play and for how long

chearz
Yes.. that's also what I thought.
But atm, there is no tool really to edit .mpls files atm.
I tried to open it with HexEditor, and noticed some parts which made sense, but it still seemed a bit tricky to use this.
Old 16th June 2009, 19:17   #4  |  Link
DMagic1

I too was wondering about a tool to blank titles such as we say used with DVD. Any news would be great.
DMagic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 10:57   #5  |  Link
wiggle

Is there any news on this? I myself have tried a few things. If I replace an intro movie for a dummy (with or without a dummy CLPI and MPLS), it still plays the dummy for the original intro duration.. so instead of seeing the commercial for 10 seconds I have to watch a black screen for 10 seconds. I also tried CLIPINF_Editor_v0.05b, by first replacing the intro for a dummy and then correct the bluray for it, but I get the same end results.

Is there anyone else who has had any process in this area?
Old 21st September 2009, 11:18   #6  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

The easiest way is to HEX edit the .mpls file and change its out_point...

Usually you can find the in_point @ offset 0x52-0x55 and out_point @ 0x56-0x59 (for the first m2ts file)

For example having in@ 0007FFF8 and out@ 13AC1EF7... so changing the out to be the same (or a bit bigger then the in point) to 0007FFF8 (or 00080000) will make the playlist skip the playitem.

Of course if your playlist has multiple m2ts files, you need to find the in/out times for the m2ts file you want to skip.

In the example above, playlist duration is 13AC1EF7 - 0007FFF8 = 13A41EFF / 0x2D = 7322732 ms = 7322,732s = 2h 2min 2s 732ms [02:02:02.732]

Dean

Last edited by deank; 21st September 2009 at 11:27.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 11:25   #7  |  Link
wiggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
The easiest way is to HEX edit the .mpls file and change its out_point...

Usually you can find the in_point @ offset 0x52-0x55 and out_point @ 0x56-0x59 (for the first m2ts file)

For example having in@ 0007FFF8 and out@ 13AC1EF7... so changing the out to be the same (or a bit bigger then the in point) to 0007FFF8 (or 00080000) will make the playlist skip the playitem.

Of course if your playlist has multiple m2ts files, you need to find the in/out times for the m2ts file you want to skip.

Dean
Mm can't really pinpoint these data, could you tell me what hexeditor you're using? Mine's pbb not that good.
Old 21st September 2009, 11:33   #8  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'm using a free hexeditor (XVI32): download here

In this picture the marker is at the start of the in-point and the out-point is in red (019BFCC0 - 01C5D266) = 60.926 seconds.
Blanking it from 60sec to 1sec would require to add 0xAFC8 (which is 1000ms or 45kHz clicks/s) to 0x019BFCC0 (which is the in_point), resulting in out_point= 019CAC88

edit: reading your first post... an easier way would be to use tsmuxer's mpls file (the one created with the black video) and simply hexedit the referred m2ts filename.

Last edited by deank; 21st September 2009 at 12:29.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 21:47   #9  |  Link
wiggle

Quote:
I'm using a free hexeditor (XVI32): download here

In this picture the marker is at the start of the in-point and the out-point is in red (019BFCC0 - 01C5D266) = 60.926 seconds.
Blanking it from 60sec to 1sec would require to add 0xAFC8 (which is 1000ms or 45kHz clicks/s) to 0x019BFCC0 (which is the in_point), resulting in out_point= 019CAC88
Thanks a lot mate, this clears some dust for me. I'll try and see if this works.

Quote:
edit: reading your first post... an easier way would be to use tsmuxer's mpls file (the one created with the black video) and simply hexedit the referred m2ts filename.
Yeah tried that also but still the dummy stays for the original duration.