Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 27th April 2009, 14:25   #1  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

HybridFuPP 0.991b (06/19/2009)

HybridFuPP 0.991b <- download

Main improvements since 0.98a :

- 3 modes are now available for main denoising, calling Deen, MDegrain or FFT3DFiler (see the doc)

- It is now possible to use motion compensation whatever denoiser you decide to use. It is of course true when using internal modes that call Deen (D_Mode = 1), MDegrain (D_Mode = 2) or Fft3DFilter (D_Mode=3). But it is even possible to use any temporal or spatio-temporal denoiser with HybridFuPP, using N1 or N2 parameters (see section 'Advanced Parameters'), and get it motion-compensated. In all cases, you will be able to set temporal radius for motion compensation computation, using M_TRadius parameter.

- Miscellaneous Improvements for edges, dark scenes and skin processing

Changes from 0.99a :

- Fixed filtering strength when D_Mode = 3 : parameter S_Str was not taken into account
- Valid range of values for Enh_Str parameter is now checked
- Bl_Size value is now displayed when using Show = ''P''
- Some corrections on the doc (and french doc has been completely updated)

see Readme for complete history.

This Avisynth script allows both resizing and filtering of your videos.

Distinct filters can be applied on different parts of a same picture (edges, static areas, motion, dark and bright areas, skin...) : HybridFuPP is a kind of adaptive processor, allowing picture cleaning, general perception improvements and compressibility gain.

Main idea consists in filtering strongly the less visible parts of the picture, and very softly the more visible. HybridFuPP uses masks to detect areas to process.

In most recent versions, HybridFuPP proposes a more aggressive “psychovisual” approach (although very empirical), allowing to “force” codecs, used while re-encoding output clip, to allocate more bits where and when it is considered to be critical, especially at low bitrates (dark scenes, skinned areas...). All of these new features are of course optional, but are generally activated by default when using preset 'HybridQ'.

Standard processings proposed are : resizing (8 possibilities), denoising (optionally motion-compensated), dark and bright areas special denoising, dark scenes enhancement, edges sharpening or softening (distinct horizontal and vertical settings), edges brightness control, deringing (removing artefacts around edges), deblocking (removing blocks effect generated by mpeg compression) and skin processing.

Although HybridFuPP has been originally designed to process rather clean materials, filtering package used is flexible and powerful enough to be used with more noisy materials too (depending on noise type) : increasing default settings could be though required.

HybridFuPP is provided with some presets allowing beginners to use the script easily and other people to use these presets as basis for their explorations. Moreover, HybridFuPP allows users to define their own processing chains : lot of things are then possible !

Presets available (names are quality related, except for HybridQ, Anime1 and Anime2) :

Very Low
Low
Medium
High
Very High

HybridQ

Anime1
Anime2

Please refer to the doc to see what features are activated or not in each preset

HybridFuPP requires Avisynth v 2.58.

Put HybridFuPP.avsi and provided filters in your avisynth plug-ins directory (by default : C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins). FFT3DFilter.dll requires an additional dll (FFTW3.dll) that must placed into you windows\system32 (or windows\sysWOW directory for Vista).
NB : these DLLs are included in some compressed files, you need first to extract them from each archive

Be sure that UnFilter.dll (v1.5), Deen.dll (v1.0 beta 1), FFT3DFilter.dll (2.1.1), MVTools2.dll (2.4.2), MT_Masktools.dll (v2.0.36), Deblock (v1.2) and Addgrain (v1.0) are loaded in your main script.

C A U T I O N : You MUST use filters versions provided with HybridFuPP, or you will probably get unexpected results or errors !

I strongly recommend you to read the doc if you want to fully understand the possibilities and the meaning of all parameters available.

FuPP

Last edited by FuPP; 23rd September 2012 at 18:43. Reason: link updated
FuPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:00   #2  |  Link
rkalwaitis
Robert

Man Ive been waiting for this thanks FuPP!!!!
rkalwaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 16:17   #3  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Well I'll be. You pulled it off Fupp! Now, I just need to find the time to start playing with this thing.

Thank you so much for your excellent work!
Old 27th April 2009, 16:54   #4  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

Thanks !

I have unfortunately already discovered two mistakes :

- filtering strength for D_Mode = 3 (FFT3DFilter) is hardcoded

- I have forgotten to add Bl_Size to the parameters displayed when using Show="P"

I will change that in next version...
Old 27th April 2009, 18:07   #5  |  Link
aegisofrime

Hi FuPP, I'm getting an error : There is no function named "max" on HybridFuPP.avsi lines 442 and 120.

My script is simply HybridFuPP(Preset="HybridQ"), as I'm playing around with it first. Excuse the noobness!
aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:15   #6  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

Hi,

please check your avisynth version. HybridFuPP requires latest (2.5.8). Let me know.

FuPP
Old 27th April 2009, 18:22   #7  |  Link
aegisofrime

Ah, that must be it, because I'm still on 2.5.7. For some reason the Multithread plugin works faster on 2.5.7 than 2.5.8, so I stuck with that. I will try 2.5.8 once my current encoding job finishes. Thanks!
aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 18:49   #8  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

There is an non official MT build of Avisynth 2.5.8 somewhere around here. I did not have time to test it with HybridFuPP, but I will (and will report).

FuPP
Old 27th April 2009, 19:38   #9  |  Link
rkalwaitis
Robert

FuPP I used the unofficial version of Avisynth 2.5.8 and it worked for me. Even Spline 64 which did not work on the MT version Prior to the latest. Jeremy Duncan's is the latest Im using @ http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144852. There may be an issue with tweak.dll and ffdshow, although I have no issues that I could blame unoffical 2.5.8 for.

Fupp played with the super clip transformation following along in the html help me. M_resizer for any type of resizer did not work. I looked at the script and the call should be ME_Resizer.

tried to enhance the grain on the skin setting.

I thought it was done through Enh_str. I received an error Sharpen arguments must be in the ranve of -1.58 to 1.0 ......HybridFupp.avsi, line 319.
Also I used your package of avisynth filter dlls. And the following call.

HybridFupp(D_Mode = 2, ME_Resizer=8, M_TRadius=3, Enh_str=5, skin=true,E_Auto_Str=false, show="p-")

It didnt show up until I changed the Enh_str from default. Also in the readme the Enh_Str can be set from 1-10, but it can not be used higher than 5 or I get the same error sharpen arguments as above. As long as Enh_str is 5 or less then E_Auto_Str can be true.

When I open it in MPC and scan throught the video I get dots (more like dashes) across the screen. But not on all frames. They are white or cyan(blueish in color) This happenend before but I can not for the life of me remember how I overcame it.

How do I switch between MDegrain 1, 2, or 3
Im liking this a lot so far.

thanks Fupp

Last edited by rkalwaitis; 27th April 2009 at 21:09.
Old 27th April 2009, 20:14   #10  |  Link
DarkT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuPP View Post
Main improvements in 0.99a :
- 3 modes are now available for main denoising, calling Deen, MDegrain or FFT3DFiler (see the doc)
FuPP
Yesssss, that's what I've been waiting for! I found that Deen was too hardcore, even when I tried to manually define as much as I could... MDegrain would be sweet /me thinks... Well, we'll see...
DarkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 20:57   #11  |  Link
rkalwaitis
Robert

Fupp,

what are the equivilants for thSAD=400, thSCD1=400 and thSCD2=100?

thscd=m_scd?
thsad=thscd?
which leaves thscd2 which is the E_THR right?

Also it seems that mvtools2 can use sadx264 which use SAD functions from x264 codec if available for the blocksize. Apparently this can be set to auto. Can this be added to the script for those of us which use x264. I tried changing your script to do so. It works or appears to work. No way I can test to see if it really works. Im not that clever.

thanks k

Last edited by rkalwaitis; 28th April 2009 at 21:04.
Old 28th April 2009, 23:23   #12  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

Quote:
I looked at the script and the call should be ME_Resizer
yes, sorry for that. I will update the doc.

Quote:
tried to enhance the grain on the skin setting. I thought it was done through Enh_str (...) in the readme the Enh_Str can be set from 1-10, but it can not be used higher than 5
Need to update the doc about this too. The limit is 5. I will also add an error check.

Quote:
It didnt show up until I changed the Enh_str from default
sorry I can not reproduce. Maybe I did not get you ?

Quote:
When I open it in MPC and scan throught the video I get dots (more like dashes) across the screen. But not on all frames. They are white or cyan(blueish in color) This happenend before but I can not for the life of me remember how I overcame it.
Sorry again, but can not reproduce. Are you sure this is not a MPC bug ? Do you get that result with some other players ?

Quote:
How do I switch between MDegrain 1, 2, or 3
simply using M_TRadius :

D_Mode = 2, M_TRadius = 1 <=> Mdegrain1
D_Mode = 2, M_TRadius = 2 <=> Mdegrain2
D_Mode = 2, M_TRadius = 3 <=> Mdegrain3

M_TRadius is a kind of "universal" parameter . It is correctly interpreted whatever denoiser is used, even for Mdegrain (hope so... ).

Be aware though that if you use any other already motion-compensated denoiser, you will have to set M_TRadius = 0 to avoid double work and maybe unexpected results.

Quote:
what are the equivilants for thSAD=400, thSCD1=400 and thSCD2=100?
I suppose you are reffering to MDegrain...
I have let them to default for now (I fully trust Fizick ),

If I have time, I will try to find a reason to complexify this (or more seriously will do some tests to see if it is relevant to change defaults)

It is true that I have changed them (a long time ago) for motion mask, still used to re-add motion parts over other processings.

For now I am working on an updated french readme
Old 29th April 2009, 14:01   #13  |  Link
rkalwaitis
Robert

It may be the mpc player making the colored dashes.

I trust Fizick too, afterall its his baby.

Thanks for the help.

Its working out pretty good so far
Old 30th April 2009, 15:12   #14  |  Link
rkalwaitis
Robert

Fupp does anyone else have a problem with using this version of unfilter? It seems that it makes lines across the screen on the finished product. I looked at it in two different players. So I do not believe it is the player causing the problem. I think that it is when unfilter is used with mdegrain3 with 3 forward and three backward frames. Im not smart enough to figure out where it is applied to those frames. I can reproduce the error with a simpler script using mdegrain and unfilter.

superfilt=MSuper()
forvec1 = MAnalyse(superfilt,isb=false, delta=1, truemotion=true, blksize=16, overlap=8, pelsearch=2, search=3, searchparam=2, DCT=0, global=true, chroma=false,sadx264=0)
forvec2 = MAnalyse(superfilt,isb=false, delta=2, truemotion=true, blksize=16, overlap=8, pelsearch=2, search=3, searchparam=2, DCT=0, global=true, chroma=false,sadx264=0)
forvec3 = MAnalyse(superfilt,isb=false, delta=3, truemotion=true, blksize=16, overlap=8, pelsearch=2, search=3, searchparam=2, DCT=0, global=true, chroma=false,sadx264=0)
bacvec1 = MAnalyse(superfilt,isb=true, delta=1, truemotion=true, blksize=16, overlap=8, pelsearch=2, search=3, searchparam=2, DCT=0, global=true, chroma=false,sadx264=0)
bacvec2 = MAnalyse(superfilt,isb=true, delta=2, truemotion=true, blksize=16, overlap=8, pelsearch=2, search=3, searchparam=2, DCT=0, global=true, chroma=false,sadx264=0)
bacvec3 = MAnalyse(superfilt,isb=true, delta=3, truemotion=true, blksize=16, overlap=8, pelsearch=2, search=3, searchparam=2, DCT=0, global=true, chroma=false,sadx264=0)
denoised =MDegrain3(superfilt,bacvec1,forvec1,bacvec2,forvec2,bacvec3,forvec3,thSAD=300, thSCD1=400, thSCD2=100, plane=4)

return mt_merge(denoised, unfilter (10,10), mt_edge())
Old 4th May 2009, 10:09   #15  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

sorry, but I can not get 'lines across the screen' with your script. Wich version of avisynth are you using ? Official one or not ?

FuPP
Old 4th May 2009, 19:26   #16  |  Link
rkalwaitis
Robert

I am using the official version of avisynth. I also had problems with edge masking. ie. It shows the edge on the finished product. The white edges over the product final product. I think Im going to clean out my filters and start them all over. To see if it stops both problems.

Ill let you know.

Thanks Fupp
Old 17th May 2009, 08:47   #17  |  Link
rkalwaitis
Robert

Well starting over from scratch seemed to do the trick. Im still not sure what was causing the problems. Probably the rkalwaitis filter
Old 18th May 2009, 18:32   #18  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

ok, good to know it is working for you now.

I will post, maybe tomorrow, the '0.991b' including a few corrections.

FuPP
Old 18th May 2009, 19:17   #19  |  Link
Benus_MinO

Hello

Do you know how i can denoise that?

Benus_MinO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 14:24   #20  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

sorry but I cannot see noise on your picture. If you want me to help you, you may want to post a few frames of your source.

Btw, you can also give a try to : HybridFuPP(x, y, preset="anime1")

x and y are the destination width and height. You can ommit them if you do not want to resize.

FuPP