Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 8th April 2009, 17:48   #1  |  Link
cafevincent

Text or image to DVD video? Can it be done for free?

My boss wants me to make a video DVD for displaying a simple "Ladies' Night" discount on the screens in his pub. So I'm looking for an app that can do this for free. The result should be as compatible as possible. A simple slideshow will do the trick as I can put the text in to the pictures by other means but even better would be if I could create a menu for a few different discount screens. There must be a free program that can handle a simple job like this..?
cafevincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 18:21   #2  |  Link
poisondeathray

If you want a DVD slideshow, check out DVD Slideshow GUI

If you want to overlay text or images on an existing video, you can use avisynth, but there will be some basic script writing involved

You could author the assets in a DVD authoring program (e.g. GUIForDVD Author, DVDAuthorGUI, DVD Styler, etc...) to generate menu links to different screens

All free
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 20:21   #3  |  Link
cafevincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
If you want a DVD slideshow, check out DVD Slideshow GUI

If you want to overlay text or images on an existing video, you can use avisynth, but there will be some basic script writing involved

You could author the assets in a DVD authoring program (e.g. GUIForDVD Author, DVDAuthorGUI, DVD Styler, etc...) to generate menu links to different screens

All free

DVDslideshowGUI did the trick well. Thank you for the help!
cafevincent is offline   Reply With Quote