Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 5th November 2017, 17:49   #1  |  Link
Patapin

Converting .ass files into PGS files

Hi guys,

I guess that's my first post, so who am I? 60, French, and recreating French subs for my wife so she can watch the Bollywood movies we are fond of.

How do I do this?
I rip my DVDs or BDs with DVDFab 8 Qt, create subs with Subtitle Workshop or Subtitle Edit, then create BDs with tsmuxer (iso or AVCHD formats) to watch them on my TV via a Sony BD player.

All this works fine.

My problem is that I want to include subtitles with effects, created with aegisub.
I have asked help on VideoHelp forum there: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...BD#post2500671, and videobruger was kind enough to give me some informations.

Then I tried EasySUP, and had the error: Error processing subtitles !
I sent my .ass file to videobruger, who converted it into PGS file easily, and it works with my VLC player, I am very pleased.

But why can't I convert it myself, I don't know. I have java and avinsynth, I think.

Anyway, I tried GoSUP, and received no error message, but... where did the converted file arrive on my PC?

Thanks for having read my post,

Patapin.
Patapin is offline   Reply With Quote