Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 16th January 2002, 00:13   #1  |  Link
Psyche
Eternal Unemployed Coder

DVobSub > 2.05 Crashes on XP

I haven't see anyone with this problem.
When I try to use a version of DVobSub greater than 2.05, in accessing the properties page when I press the apply button WMPlayer closes itself, it happens when I try to see the About page of DVobSub as well. It also happens, in Graphedit.
The funny thing is that versions 2.05 and below work correctly, and 2.06 and above don't (tested 2.06, 2.07 and 2.08). It doesn't even give an error message, so I don't know what's happening, it just closes itself.
My specs:
K7 600, running XP
Matrox G400

Some idea?

(Wow, my english is specially bad today)
Psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2002, 01:01   #2  |  Link
Yusaku

Hmmm... strange - I have more or less EXACTLY the same configuration (G400, K7 @ 650, english XP) and everything works like a charm. Try to post some more info on the problem...
Yusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2002, 10:29   #3  |  Link
Roger

I had the same problem (so did my friend) when I upgraded DVobSub from version 2.03 to 2.08. In W2k it crashed with error, in WXP WMP just disappeared. I'm not sure how I solved it, but I did. I think it was in saving my configuration - ie set options you want and DON'T press Apply, but Save instead. Then OK and it should be OK I really don't know if that was the reason, but it worked after a while, so don't give up and try clicking around a bit, if my suggestion was wrong
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2002, 05:23   #4  |  Link
gabest

Hm, finally I managed to catch this annoying bug A stack overflow caused by an infinite recursion in a funcion call was closing the running app. But only when there were no subtites loaded.
gabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2002, 16:15   #5  |  Link
Psyche
Eternal Unemployed Coder

Yuk! True, when I loaded a subs file, I could press Apply with no problem! (Cool, we have new smilies!) I assume this is going to be fixed in 2.09 isn't it
Anyway, thanks everybody.

@gabest:
Are you working with the MPlayer team to help them support VobSub subs in their player?
Psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2002, 16:19   #6  |  Link
gabest

Quote:
Originally posted by Psyche
@gabest:
Are you working with the MPlayer team to help them support VobSub subs in their player?
No, but they asked me to if they can use my sources. So I think it won't be a problem.
gabest is offline   Reply With Quote