Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 13th March 2008, 14:26   #1  |  Link
rookandpawn

m2v in avisynth (Why do i need to mess with a d2v)

i have a DVD, i used Dgindex and out came

1) an m2v
2) a d2v
3) and an ac3

The m2v is directly playable in mplayer.

My goal is to write an avs script for megui that simply loads my m2v and my ac3.

People said in prior posts to use mpegdecoder.dll or dgdecode.dll and open the D2V file instead.

FFDShow apparently is using libmpeg2 to decode my m2v. Why do i need to use a way to open a d2v? Is there no way to open a video in m2v in avisynth?

(i had tried using both mpegdecoder.dll and dgdecode.dll and opening the d2v in avisynth, and when i tried the script in mplayer or vdubmod, it said could not locate a decompressor for
YV12... apparently mpegdecoder.dll and dgdecode.dll are dishing out YV12? other posts said xvid codec pack would decode this? I dont want anything to do with xvid.)

Last edited by rookandpawn; 13th March 2008 at 14:30.
rookandpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 14:35   #2  |  Link

If you use tools that can't handle YV12 natively, then you need to install a codec that can decode YV12. XViD is one option. You can also use the Helix YV12 codec (use Google to find it).

You don't have to use the D2V method. The reason it exists is to support random frame access, which enables you to do things that you cannot do with DirectShow.

If you want to avoid the D2V method, then use DirectShowSource() instead of MPEG2Source().
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 14:41   #3  |  Link
Southstorm
20yr Videographer

A D2V file is a project file that DGIndex creates. It contains an index of your mpeg2 file that is important for AVISynth to use in framserving to MEgui.
Southstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 14:51   #4  |  Link
rookandpawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
If you use tools that can't handle YV12 natively, then you need to install a codec that can decode YV12. XViD is one option. You can also use the Helix YV12 codec (use Google to find it).

You don't have to use the D2V method. The reason it exists is to support random frame access, which enables you to do things that you cannot do with DirectShow.

If you want to avoid the D2V method, then use DirectShowSource() instead of MPEG2Source().
Thank you! Helix YV12 decoder was just what i needed. Wouldnt it be a good idea to put Helix into FFDShow?
rookandpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 20:31   #5  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

The equivalent is already included: ffdshow vfw's raw video support.