Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 7th March 2008, 19:00   #1  |  Link
SuperGoof

"Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5"

Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 - 22-Nov-2008

- Fixed an error ("Extra data contains Zip64 information but version 2.0 is not high enough") which was happening
when the program tried to process .jar files with Zip64 extentions. The error was caused by SharpZipLib.dll.
Had to modify SharpZipLib's code and compile a custom .dll in order to fix this problem.

- Started using the same key and certificate for signing .jar files (previously the key was generated anew every time).
This is also the same key and certificate used by AnyDVD HD for the purpose of .jar file signing (Thanks, Peer!).

- Added an option to fix downloaded BD-Live content in BD-Live cache folders. As the program uses the same key as AnyDVD HD
for signing .jar files, you can use this feature for BD-Live enabled discs ripped or modified on-the-fly with AnyDVD HD
(please refer to Fix_BD-Live.txt for more information).

- Minor user interface changes.

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/j2kmls
Mirror Download link: http://download3.videohelp.com/Blu-r...over%202.5.zip (Thanks, Videohelp.com!)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Blu-ray Region Code Remover" - a program to remove Blu-ray region code from Blu-ray rips.

This program removes Blu-ray region code from Blu-ray rips on a hard disk drive to allow playback regardless of region setting of the player.
(To copy a Blu-ray disc to hard drive, please use Blu-ray Disc Ripper.)

The program supports removing of region code from Blu-ray titles which check the region of the player by means of BDMV script,
and Java-enabled titles which check the region by BD-J script as well.

The program also allows removing of Prohibited User Operations (PUOs) to provide better user experience while navigating movies.

The program is written in Visual Basic and requires Windows Vista or Windows XP with .NET Framework 2.0 to run.

Change Log (up to Version 2.4):

06-May-2008 - Version 2.4
- Implemented signing of .jar archives with certificates.
- The program now recreates .jar archives, which it has modified, from scratch using SharpZipLib. This fixes the problem with some titles (e.g. "Independence Day", UK) which contain .jar files in some odd zip format.
- Changed the program so that now it will not attempt to modify 'sly/SlyReg.class' file in .jar archives. Thus .jar files modified by AnyDVD will not be modified again.
- Removed a check and warning message which required the selected folder to be a Blu-ray movie folder for "Create Logfile" button to work. You can now use this button to create a comprehensive list of files and subfolders in selected folder.

05-Apr-2008:
Version 2.3: Added an option to remove Prohibited User Operations (PUOs) from Blu-ray titles.

03-Apr-2008:
Version 2.1: Fix for "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" overriding BD+ related modifications in MovieObject.bdmv file, made by AnyDVD.

Note: This bug only affects titles which were ripped with AnyDVD 6.4.0.0 or later with "Remove BD+ protection" option enabled and which have both BD+ and region check by MovieObject.bdmv, like "Live Free Or Die Hard". If you used "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" to remove region code from such titles, please copy MovieObject.bdmv file from the original disc (with AnyDVD enabled) to movie's BDMV folder on a hard drive and then run "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" again.

31-Mar-2008: Version 2.0 released. It does not use 'classes.zip' file anymore. It includes java .class file parser and supports removing of region code from ALL BD-Java titles, as well as ALL BDMV titles.

26-Mar-2008: Updated 'classes.zip' file to support "I, Robot" (US).

25-Mar-2008: Updated 'classes.zip' file to support "Independence Day" (US), "Independence Day" (UK), "Die Hard 3" (US) (and possibly some other titles).

Last edited by SuperGoof; 22nd November 2008 at 01:17.
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 01:36   #2  |  Link
nevragain

nice thanks I would test this but no hardware at my house
nevragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 09:23   #3  |  Link
Adbear

Sunshine (B) didn't work for me neither did Day After Tomorrow (A)
DAT zip file is to big to upload on here
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sunshine Blu-Ray.zip (173.1 KB, 2624 views)
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 17:38   #4  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
Sunshine (B) didn't work for me neither did Day After Tomorrow (A)
DAT zip file is to big to upload on here
Your Sunshine should now work: please download updated classes.zip file (the link is above).

To send other files, please use either "email" button in the program or services like sendspace or rapidshare. .zip attachments are limited to 300KB here and it takes time before they are approved.
Old 8th March 2008, 19:02   #5  |  Link
SuperGoof

I updated classes.zip yet again. DAT should now work too.
Old 8th March 2008, 20:38   #6  |  Link
Adbear

Thanks for this is working well so far with the backups I've made. Has removed the region coding from the ones I've tried
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 20:48   #7  |  Link
SuperGoof

You are welcome!
Old 9th March 2008, 03:48   #8  |  Link
kcynice

why i can't download it

i don't know why i can't download it.
I can't open http://www.sendspace.com/file/138hzj
but also the classes.zip linker.
kcynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 11:03   #9  |  Link
SuperGoof

Don't know... Both links work for me.

EDIT: Try Mirror Download link (see above).

Last edited by SuperGoof; 9th March 2008 at 15:24.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:49   #10  |  Link
A Pal

Hello, SuperGoof,

Here are some suggestions for your program "Blu-ray Region Code Remover 1.0":

1. Please also add the possibility to remove DVD Regions and RCE from DVD ripped to harddisk.
Like that, the program could become "Disc Region Code Remover," useful for BOTH DVDs AND BDs

2. As far as I know (I have no BD discs / drive to test it), the commercial players do not play Blu-ray discs from harddisk, so please add a "Preview" option (with full screen and audio) that could also support Region-DVDs, so that the program can be used as a simple player.

3. You could add the rip option of your "Blu-Ray Disc Ripper" and a rip option for Region-DVDs, so the program could be a player AND a ripper.

On the Internet, there are also discussions about the development of a new BD player which should be free and not Region-locked.
The authors of The KMPlayer ( http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/index.php ) say if there were any free BD filters, they could be added to KMP without any problems (Because of its many features, KMP would be the perfect basic player). Wouldn't this be an interesting challenge?

Many greetings,

A Pal
A Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 00:34   #11  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pal View Post
1. Please also add the possibility to remove DVD Regions and RCE from DVD ripped to harddisk.
Like that, the program could become "Disc Region Code Remover," useful for BOTH DVDs AND BDs
freedvd already does this: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 16:46   #12  |  Link
A Pal

FreeDVD only removes DVD protections. It does not remove BD protections, and does not rip discs (neither DVDs nor BDs) to harddisk.

I think if these option were added to the Blu-Ray Region Code Remover, we would have ONE program for BOTH BDs AND DVDs.
A Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 18:50   #13  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ dude, read your post that i quoted.

Quote:
Free DVD removes several protections from a DVD folder on the hard disk. It removes region code (RC), region code enhancement (RCE), analog copy protection, and user operation prohibitions (UOPs).
Old 20th March 2008, 20:24   #14  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

^dude, read HIS post
He is talking about Blu-ray. Not DVD. What he wants is a program that will do both DVD and Blu-ray. Currently, Free DVD doesn't do any Hi-Def format.
Old 20th March 2008, 20:41   #15  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ yeah i know. lol. ok, why not just use freedvd for dvd's and this proggie for blu-ray?
Old 21st March 2008, 18:13   #16  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Because he is lazy.
Old 22nd March 2008, 07:50   #17  |  Link
3r1c

Does not work with independence day.
It says the disc is region free but it is not.

I tried to do it manually, but the disc would not play (i dont know how to resign the jar properly, and fix the certificate file and the bdjo)

http://www.3r1c.eu/BD-ID4.zip

Last edited by 3r1c; 22nd March 2008 at 07:53.
3r1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 02:58   #18  |  Link
SuperGoof

Hi,

I have just updated 'classes.zip' file to support "Independence Day" (US), "Independence Day" (UK), "Die Hard 3" (US) (and possibly some other titles). The archive with the program was also updated, though the program itself was not.

Last edited by SuperGoof; 25th March 2008 at 03:22.
Old 25th March 2008, 11:23   #19  |  Link
Mirx

Just tried I Robot with the latest classes. PowerDVD chokes on it and displays Region A restriction.

AnyDVD HD 6.4.0 and your tool (with the Independence day classes) both say it is region-free.

Attached is the log file. Also mailed it to you.

Thanks for the hard work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rio.bot.zip (233.0 KB, 844 views)
Mirx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 15:41   #20  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirx View Post
Just tried I Robot with the latest classes. PowerDVD chokes on it and displays Region A restriction.
'classes.zip' file has been updated to support "I, Robot" (US).

Please let me know if it works now.