Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 22nd February 2008, 01:38   #1  |  Link
Yraen

Eac3to and More GUI

Alternate GUI. Supports multiple source files, shows the list of what is in the source files, merging audio and video into mkv with mkvmerge, batch processing. The *.exe is version 1.09b11 and the *.zip is the new version, 1.10.
Eac3to And More GUI only at mediaFire (yahoo can be slow at times lately).

Code:
Changelog:
v 1.10.01
-Fixed bdsup2sub bug
-Fixed weird command line when working with files

v 1.10
-Rebuilt from ground up.  Now supports more preferences.

v 1.09 beta 11
- Added thd+ac3 as an audtio output type

v 1.09 beta 10
- Fixed gaps detection in stdout for real this time
- enabled ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab for tab changing

v 1.09 beta 9
- Added support for "-no7doubling" found in eac3to 2.51

v 1.09 beta 8
- Fixed a bug where in a certain scenario gaps detection could return a false reading on finding gaps files.

v 1.09 beta 7
- Fixed gaps detection for stdout
- Added .eac3 as demux type
- minor fixes

v 1.09 beta 6
- Fixed -demux switch
- Fixed "Mux command line into Movie.mkv"
- Fixed gaps file detection

v 1.09 beta 5
- minor bug fix

v 1.09 beta 4
- fixed a visual bug in the tsmuxer path on the paths/sources tab.

v 1.09 beta 3
- added subtitles to tsMuxer tab
- reduced the amount of memory the gui uses
- minor tweaks

v 1.09 beta 2
- fixed a bug that kept subtitles from being demuxed
- added .sup to the subtitle name if left off

v 1.09 beta 1
- added stdout support for eac3to.
  Currently only neroaacenc.exe and pcm2tsmu.exe are supported.  If you know of more let me know and I'll add them.
- added limited support for tsMuxeR.  If more support is needed, let me know which options need to be included.
- added the ability to take an eac3to chapters.txt file and convert it to a tsmuxer command for the meta file.
- minor bug fixes.

v 1.08 beta 4
- added naming of blank chapter names in chapter files created with eac3to.
  This is configurable to the text you want, defaults to "Chapter".
  This is also on the preferences tab, to be enabled by default if you wish (only if a chapters file is being created by eac3to).
  This will not overwrite names for the chapters if they exist.

v 1.08 beta 3
- added -keepPulldown to support eac3to 2.46
- added dtshr and dtsma as demux types for audio
-changed mpeg2 in video types to m2v (what it should have been)
- fixed minor bugs

v 1.08 beta 2
- fixed bug in gui where video track number was not loaded to the command line when called by preferences

v1.08 beta 1
-added preferences tab for some default settings for eac3to

v1.07 beta 5
- fixed minor bug in -ignoreEncrypt

v1.07 beta 4
- added support for the new items in eac3to 2.45

v1.07 beta 3
- enabled default chapter file name, "chapters.txt", when chapters track is chosen on eac3to video tab
- added check to add ".txt" to chapter file name if name changed and extension left off
- enabled "Mux Eac3to Command Line Into Movie.mkv".  This also has the option of running the video through vc1conv.

v1.07 beta 2
- added thd as an audio out
- removed some mkv debugging code accidentily left in
- eac3to logging active again

v1.07 beta 1
- support for reading titlesets from eac3to
- support for demuxing chapter files from eac3to
- support for demuxing subtitles from eac3to
- currently disabled logging eac3to (not really needed anymore anyway)

v1.06 beta 3
- just fixed the bug frenchglen found when using "Apply These Settings To All Sources..."

v1.06 beta 2
- Fixed a bug in the "Apply These Settings To All Source Files And Save With Original Name" so that it now does just that.
- Made a prompt for destination folder change default when setting the save name for files on each tab.
- Added a check box to disable this prompt on the Paths/Sources tab.
- Temporarily disabled the Mux Eac3to command line into an mkv feature.  This suffers from a bug somewhere in the mkv muxing, will track it down tomorrow.

v1.06 beta 1
- Supports all the features of Eac3to 2.36
- Removed DGIndex, DGAVCIndex and H264tsto from the gui.

v1.05 beta 1
Cleaned up a minor bug.
Added VC1Conv to the program.  This can now be used to strip the pulldown from video generated by any of the other programs.
Disclaimer: I am not a programmer. I created this because I got tired of writing batch files to do everything I wanted to do. I tend to buy movies several at a time when I find a good deal (and with HD-DVD dead now I should be able to find more good deals on them), and that meant I would set several up to be done overnight while I slept. This little gui evolved from that and I've been working on it off and on since then.

It will not prevent you from setting some settings that should not go together. It won't look and see what should be done and set things right. It will put all of the command options (I think) of eac3to at the tip of your mouse pointer. The mkvmerge options are very limited due to my never using anything other than the basic settings of that program. Should something be missing, left out or buggy, just let me know and I'll see if I can get a fix out pretty quickly.

Edit: Link points to newest version

Last edited by Yraen; 3rd January 2010 at 06:23. Reason: new version
Yraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:51   #2  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
your gui looks nice....i will test it
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
This program is excellent! I'm still getting the hang of it though.
Thank you very much.
Would it be possible for you to add a feature in you GUI that will do
Code:
FEATURE_1.EVO+FEATURE_2.EVO MOVIE.mkv
? This is what I use eac3to for the most. Now I need to specify every track with you tool; which is also nice because I now usually just convert most of the .eac3 tracks to .ac3 in one go where in the past I did that separately and later.
BTW, if you are thinking about adding support for xport and h264tsto you might want to think about adding support for dgavcindex. Just throwing that out there.

I'll look into adding something to do the movie.mkv for you. I probably won't get time to code until this weekend, so it will be soon. I don't use dgavcindex anymore since I don't encode the videos anymore, but since he added command line support it shouldn't be too hard. I'll work on it after h264tsto and xport.

Quote:
I found a bug in the new GUI. It seems when you navigate through the options using the TAB key as oppose to the mouse the drop down menus get confused.
I can't reproduce that here. Can you talk me through how you did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchglen View Post
What an excellent little GUI (actually it's rather big and detailed)! Took me a while to figure out I had to click "List Tracks From source".
Yeah, a readme is needed. I'll try to throw something together pretty soon.

Quote:
- Could you add drag and drop support for source files?
- Could you have the output folder button use "Open/Save" dialog box rather than "browse for folder" dialog box? (more convenient)
- There's one other thing I'll ask later on, once something in eac3to is updated.
I read up on drag and drop, it looks doable. I'll try to get it into the next release.

I'm not sure about the "Open/Save" dialog though. The way I have it now I can specify file names but the open/save might tie me to one file. Let me read up on it.

If eac3to supports it, odds are I'll add it in here. There's a lot in it I don't use, but to cover everything (should I change my mind) I tried to include every option it has.

Quote:
Thumbs up for multiple source file support! I was able to join 6-channel MLP files and convert to single FLAC.

(strangely enough.)
...madshi, I see joining FLACs is also not supported in eac3to yet. I patiently wait.
Multiple sources along with track listing is what drove me to create it.

Thanks everyone.
Old 22nd February 2008, 04:01   #3  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yraen View Post

I can't reproduce that here. Can you talk me through how you did it?
So what I did (and it happens every time for me without fail) is select an audio track, use the TAB key to move on to the next input area which is a name, then TAB over to output format and set it using the arrow keys. Then when I select the bitrate I get that crazy drop down that I included in the picture. Once the arrow in the drop down window disappeared on me too. If I select each area for input separately with the mouse this doesn't happen.

Is that clear enough? If you didn't follow any of it let me know and I will try to elucidate.
saint-francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 04:20   #4  |  Link
Yraen

Found and fixed in source. It also happens with the save as type combo box. You probably just missed seeing that one.
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:21   #5  |  Link
frenchglen

Quote:
If eac3to supports it, odds are I'll add it in here. There's a lot in it I don't use, but to cover everything (should I change my mind) I tried to include every option it has.

Multiple sources along with track listing is what drove me to create it.
Well that's great, and now that you've mentioned it, there's only one thing I can do with eac3to, that can't be done in your GUI yet. And that is, joining two (or more) stereo MLP files together (why? listen to a gapless album).

N.B. joining of multichannel MLP is not supported yet in eac3to, but if you can just allow joining of MLP in the command line from the GUI (not sure why it wasn't doing it), that'll leave the capability up to eac3to, and not the GUI. I'm sure there's more than one way you could do it in your GUI.

By the way I'm not sure what the track thing means, but as long as it works (joining files) I'm happy that it just works.

--

By the way, how about having ability to convert a bunch of one format to a bunch of another? Like a bunch of MLPs to FLAC (filenames remaining the same)? I'm not sure how much system resources would be taken up by multiple instances of eac3to.exe, but why not try it...that would be a great feature.
frenchglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 05:37   #6  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchglen View Post
Well that's great, and now that you've mentioned it, there's only one thing I can do with eac3to, that can't be done in your GUI yet. And that is, joining two (or more) stereo MLP files together (why? listen to a gapless album).

N.B. joining of multichannel MLP is not supported yet in eac3to, but if you can just allow joining of MLP in the command line from the GUI (not sure why it wasn't doing it), that'll leave the capability up to eac3to, and not the GUI. I'm sure there's more than one way you could do it in your GUI.

By the way I'm not sure what the track thing means, but as long as it works (joining files) I'm happy that it just works.
Actually, if eac3to will list them, "eac3to file1+file2", then it should work. The track thing was originally set up as all I do is turn my HD content into MKVs to stream across the house from my media server. Unless "eac3to file1+file2" returns an error, it will show up as a track of some kind. But if the output is an error, then no tracks will show up. Although, I'm rewriting the track part so it will enable you to specify a file name without a track number regardless of what eac3to returns. Since I'm aiming at those who are familiar with the command lines, this shouldn't be a problem. This gui is just to make it easier to keep everything in seperate folders and lessen the amount of typing one needs to do.

Quote:
By the way, how about having ability to convert a bunch of one format to a bunch of another? Like a bunch of MLPs to FLAC (filenames remaining the same)? I'm not sure how much system resources would be taken up by multiple instances of eac3to.exe, but why not try it...that would be a great feature.
Have you tried the batch processing? While it only uses one instance at a time, it will let you queue up however many different command lines as you want. Build the command line, go to the batch tab and "add to batch". Rinse and repeat. Once all are added just "run batch" and it will run all of the queued commands. This will maintain any folder changes that happen between the commands.
Old 25th February 2008, 04:59   #7  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

I've been using this gui and I like it. It's pretty functional.

Couple more bugs.

1.) When I set the output path the final " \ " is neglected in the command like. So if I set the output directory to G:\my movie\ the output would go to the root of the G:\ drive and the name I gave the output would be proceeded by "my movie" without a space. Like this, "G:\my movietrack 1" instead of this, "G:\my movie\track 1".
2.) After using the gui for a while the two sub windows become unavailable. They do not appear when I start the program and they do not appear or respond when called. Erasing and replacing both the .exe and the .ini fixes this. In some cases just erasing the .ini fixes it.

Otherwise all is well.
Old 25th February 2008, 23:34   #8  |  Link
Yraen

The link in the first post points to a version which should fix the problems you were having. Let me know if it doesn't.

The next release, should no more bugs be found, will probably be a week to ten days from now. This will be a total rewrite of the code to allow for more flexibility on the part of the user. If you think it's pretty functional now, just wait and see.
Old 26th February 2008, 14:59   #9  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

With the version in the first post the issue remains of the file being placed at the root of the drive with the directory name appended to the beginning of the track name. I haven't used it enough yet to know if the disappearing windows issue is still there.

Keep up the good work Yraen!
Old 26th February 2008, 15:03   #10  |  Link
ACrowley

THX again

What i can see so far :
- .EVO Output extension would be nice

-simple ability to select AudioTracks for rebuilding/remuxing without reencoding

Or am i blind ? How can i use your Gui for simple EVO )or to mkv) Rebuilding/Remuxing with untouched Audio (so far possible with mkv).
I can only set one Audio each Time and without simple remuxing ?

Im a little bit off because ive a lot of Work these Days ,so im little bit confused from newest eac3to Features and how they work in both gui Versions

Last edited by ACrowley; 26th February 2008 at 15:25.
ACrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 02:02   #11  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
With the version in the first post the issue remains of the file being placed at the root of the drive with the directory name appended to the beginning of the track name. I haven't used it enough yet to know if the disappearing windows issue is still there.

Keep up the good work Yraen!
Thanks. I finally tracked down that folder bug. It was hard because I couldn't get it to reproduce every time. Link in top post has newest version. This will be the last fix release before I release the new version. That one will contain version numbers so that they can be told apart.

More to come in a bit, dinner time.
Old 27th February 2008, 03:02   #12  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
THX again

What i can see so far :
- .EVO Output extension would be nice
I didn't think this would work, but I tried it to be sure. Eac3to can't/doesn't mux back into an evo container. There's nothing I can do about that.

Quote:
-simple ability to select AudioTracks for rebuilding/remuxing without reencoding

Or am i blind ? How can i use your Gui for simple EVO )or to mkv) Rebuilding/Remuxing with untouched Audio (so far possible with mkv).
I can only set one Audio each Time and without simple remuxing ?

Im a little bit off because ive a lot of Work these Days ,so im little bit confused from newest eac3to Features and how they work in both gui Versions
My gui was orignally built for what I do, convert one audio track and mux it and the video into an mkv container. If you're wanting to keep the original audio without reencoding you'll probably need to use the -demux switch which will demux the first video track and all audio tracks. This will give you untouched audio tracks. Right now, my gui wouldn't really automate getting these tracks out and into an mkv, but the future version will. It's going to be more open ended to allow the user to do what they want, not just select the tracks to convert. I'll try to get a detailed readme in with it when I release it.

Thanks again guys. I should get some coding time over the next two days and knock a lot more of what needs to be written.
Old 27th February 2008, 08:22   #13  |  Link
shambles

iirc eac3to can output evo but only if you do a simple join of 2 or more evo files keeping all the tracks.. it can't remux to evo
shambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 03:58   #14  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambles View Post
iirc eac3to can output evo but only if you do a simple join of 2 or more evo files keeping all the tracks.. it can't remux to evo
I tried it out and it does. I'm not really sure that this is useful, but it can be done in the next version.

While I'm here I'll give a little update on the next version. I've finished the layout of the next gui and have about 90% of the code done. All that is left is tying it all together and making sure it works properly. Here's a link to screenshots of all the tabs in the gui: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2008021...7604018935012/

Hopefully I'll get it done sometime this week. I was hoping to have it done this weekend but it's not going to happen.

What is supported: Drag and drop for source files. DGAVCDec, DGIndex and MKVMerge all support working with files that Eac3to, H264tsto and Xport generate, along with the source files.

What is left out from the previous version: No more must have track numbers for Eac3to. Now, almost nothing is disabled before you start. This means that the user will need to understand these programs, as this is not, and never was intended to be, a smart gui. It will do what you tell it, whether it is correct or not.

If you see any commands or anything I missed for one of these programs, let me know and I'll try to get it in before I release it.
Old 2nd March 2008, 15:02   #15  |  Link
menlvd

may U add new option:
sample
eac3to blabla.evo 3: f:\www.wavs 3: g:\www.ac3 2: d:\www.vc1 and etc...
that's mean multi path for output file
menlvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 17:38   #16  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by menlvd View Post
may U add new option:
sample
eac3to blabla.evo 3: f:\www.wavs 3: g:\www.ac3 2: d:\www.vc1 and etc...
that's mean multi path for output file
All of that is supported. You can have as many options out on one command line as you want. Here's a quick line I threw together in it to give an example.
Code:
"D:\editing apps\eac3to\2.25\eac3to.exe" "H:\HD\CP\HVDVD_TS\FEATURE_1.EVO"+"H:\HD\CP\HVDVD_TS\FEATURE_2.EVO" 2: "H:\v\video.mkv" -stripPulldown 2: "H:\v\video.vc1" 3: "H:\v\audio.ac3" -640 3: "H:\v\audio.dts" -1536 3: "H:\v\audio.wavs"
Here's an example using different output folders.
Code:
"D:\editing apps\eac3to\2.25\eac3to.exe" "H:\HD\CP\HVDVD_TS\FEATURE_1.EVO"+"H:\HD\CP\HVDVD_TS\FEATURE_2.EVO" 2: "H:\v\video.mkv" -stripPulldown 2: "H:\test\video.vc1" -stripPulldown 3: "H:\v\audo.dts" -1536 3: "H:\test\audio.wavs"
I'm trying to keep it as versatile as the command line is. Thanks for the input though.

Here's a question back to you and others. Should I set the " character to be changed according to the user? Since I'm learning this as I go, I don't know what impact that character might have in different languages. I seem to remember somewhere early in the Eac3to thread something about that character causing one user problems.

Last edited by Yraen; 2nd March 2008 at 17:42. Reason: added a question
Old 2nd March 2008, 18:44   #17  |  Link
SvT
Never Grow Up !

Quote:
Here's a question back to you and others. Should I set the " character to be changed according to the user? Since I'm learning this as I go, I don't know what impact that character might have in different languages. I seem to remember somewhere early in the Eac3to thread something about that character causing one user problems.
Yes overhere the " character did cause me some trouble with some of my drives "i ended up as ï .
You're gui seems to work fine b.t.w. but I did change my drive letter so I don't know if the problem is still there.

Better safe .... so leave it to the user .

Great GUI (for a great program) by the way !
SvT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 00:42   #18  |  Link
Yraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvT View Post
Yes overhere the " character did cause me some trouble with some of my drives "i ended up as ï .
You're gui seems to work fine b.t.w. but I did change my drive letter so I don't know if the problem is still there.

Better safe .... so leave it to the user .

Great GUI (for a great program) by the way !
Thanks. That " character would probably cause you problems in this gui, since it is used, had you not changed the drive letter. I've written in the delimiter change and all is well. Unless changed, it defaults to ".

Status update: All that is left to write is the batch processing. Everything else is written and is currently testing as I write this. I forsee no problems which probably means a few bugs will get by me.

I should have it completed before the weekend. I'll try to get the documentation written before then also. If I don't make it, it won't be out until next week sometime. I'll be tearing this computer down, cleaning and upgrading it this weekend.
Old 10th March 2008, 00:55   #19  |  Link
Yraen

Just released the newest version, Eac3to and More GUI 1.02.

No documentation as of yet. A leaky northbridge waterblock took some hardware with it so I'm still trying to determine what is good and what isn't. I'll try to get the documentation up sometime this week though.

Edit: If you got v1.01 it has some debugging code left in it. Get the newest version.

Last edited by Yraen; 10th March 2008 at 03:09.
Old 10th March 2008, 03:23   #20  |  Link
Yraen

Let me get through this round and make sure there aren't any bugs and I'll see what I can add for you.

Edit: Major bug found. This is what I get for trying to get it out when I've had a hard drive failure. This should be the last quick fix. Sorry guys.

Last edited by Yraen; 10th March 2008 at 03:37.