Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 17th February 2008, 05:51   #1  |  Link
beameup

HD DVD h.264 60 FPS: Problems with video running to fast

I have encoded several HD DVD and Blu-Ray disks to WMV-HD for streaming on XBox360 with success.

However, I have ran into 1 title that is giving me fits; Stardust.

In EvoDemux it says it is 60 FPS. I have rebuilt into a new EVO using only one video stream (no sound, no sub); and joining the two EVO files. I have used eac3to <source> <targ>.ac3 -libav to convert the audio.

If I encode it at 60 FPS in TMPGEnc, the sound lags behind (starting in sync, then running behind at a different speed than the video). If I encode at 23.96 then the video / audio speed match up, but the video stutters. I have tried different FPS, but either have video that stutters, or video that runs to fast. I have tried the audio from the DVD version and it also runs slow compared to the video.

Anyone else run into this type of problem? Or alternatively had success with this title and/or config using a different approach than TMPGEnc?

Last edited by beameup; 17th February 2008 at 21:17.
beameup is offline   Reply With Quote