Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 17th February 2008, 04:03   #1  |  Link
Spuds
dumber every day

Remove Logos Again

After I made changes to the delogo script I promised myself I would not work on any other delogo functions BUT the avsinpaint function just called me back.

In the Avsinpaint thread Reuf Toc made a very nice script (wish I could code that nice !) but I wanted to add my own twists that I learned from modding the delogo script and experimenting with avsinpaint. So I did some combining and adding and the result is rm_logo.

Basic usage is as follows:
1) Get a clip with a logo that you want removed.
2) Save a frame from that clip and edit it in your favorite graphics program, paint the logo pure white and everything else black. Save it as a logo.bmp (any name you want)
3) Make a avs script such as:

Code:

LOADCPLUGIN("AVSINPAINT.DLL")
Import("rm_logo.avs")
avisource("videowithlogo.avi")
rm_logo(last,logomask=logo.bmp",loc="br",par=4.0/3.0,mode="both",percent=20,pp=1)
Basic things you must supply.

logomask -- the name of the black and white bmp you created

loc -- TR, TL, BR, BL this is the location of the logo on the video, top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left. There is also a tweak you can supply here called cutsize set it to small medium or large. It refines the size of the corner cut somewhat. If you have to much video and not enough logo in a cut you can get less optimal results, you want the logo to fill the cut (within reason).

par -- pixel aspect, no harm if you don't specify it, it just helps grow masks correctly in all directions.

mode -- how to remove the logo, deblend (for purely transparent logos. inpaint for purely solid logos and both for logos with both.

percent -- The percent of total frames to use in computing the masks, the more the better and the slower.

pp -- Post Process, 1,2 or 3. Apply some additional post processing of the removed area to further hide the logo and artifacts.

The first time the script runs expect it to take a little time, it has to compute the color and alpha masks so it will appear to lock up on you for a min or two while its doing this. Once done it will save a analysis bmp file so it will be responsive from then on.

There are other things to tweak, look in the script for more information.

Script in the next post.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 04:04   #2  |  Link
Spuds
dumber every day

Code:
# rm_logo() Version 0.5 -- 23.04.08
#
# Script to help in the removal of channel logos or other distracting objects
#
# Required filters:
# AVSInpaint: Ver 2008-01-06
#             Discussion & Code : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=133682
# ExInpaint:  Ver 0.1+ 
#             Code http://avisynth.org.ru/exinpaint/exinpaint.html
# mt_masktools: Ver 2.0.32+ 
#               Code http://manao4.free.fr/masktools-v2.0a32.zip
# removegrain: Ver 1.0 (8/2005)
#              Code  http://www.removegrain.de.tf 
# fft3dfilter: Ver 2.1.1 or later 
#              Code http://avisynth.org.ru/fft3dfilter/fft3dfilter.html
# ttempsmoothf Ver 0.9.4 or later
#              Code http://bengal.missouri.edu/~kes25c/ 
# medianblur Ver 0.8.4
#            Code http://www.avisynth.org/tsp/medianblur084.zip
#
function rm_logo( clip clp, string "logomask", string "loc",float "par", string "mode",int "percent",int "deblendfalloff",\
                  int "AlphaToRepair", float "RepairRadius", float "InpaintRadius", float "InpaintSharpness",\
                  float "InpaintPreBlur", float "InpaintPostBlur", string "cutsize", bool "lmask", int "pp", bool "debug", \
                  int "cutwidth", int "cutheight")
{
logomask         = default( logomask,           "" ) # file location of the logo, the must be masked in pure white
loc              = default( loc,                "" ) # where is the logo, TR, TL, BR, BL for top right, top left, bottom right, bottom left
cutsize          = default( cutsize,       "small" ) # how big a cut to make, small, medium, large
cutwidth         = default( cutwidth,            0 ) # how wide a cut to make in pixels, -1 for full width of frame
cutheight        = default( cutheight,           0 ) # how tall a cut to make in pixels, -1 for full height of frame
par              = default( par,               1.0 ) # pixel aspect ratio
mode             = default( mode,           "both" ) # deblend, inpaint or both
percent          = default( percent,            25 ) # how much of the clip to analyse in creating color&alpha masks, more is better but slower
deblendfalloff   = default( deblendfalloff,      5 ) # graidient fallout from logo mask
AlphaToRepair    = default( AlphaToRepair,     130 ) # what is the luma value of the solid part of the logo
RepairRadius     = default( RepairRadius,      1.0 ) # used to expand the mask for none alpha ie solid areas
InpaintRadius    = default( InpaintRadius,     6.0 ) # radius around a damaged pixel from where values are taken when the pixel  is inpainted. Bigger values prevent
                                                     # inpainting in the wrong direction, but also create more blur
InpaintSharpness = default( InpaintSharpness, 25.0 ) # Higher values can prevent blurring caused by high Radius values.
InpaintPreBlur   = default( InpaintPreBlur,    1.5 ) # Standard deviation of the blur which is applied to the image before the structure tensor is computed. Higher values 
                                                     # help connecting isophotes which have been cut by the inpainting region, but also increase CPU usage. PreBlur=0.0 
                                                     # disables pre-blurring.
InpaintPostBlur  = default( InpaintPostBlur,   5.0 ) # standard deviation of the blur which is applied to the structure tensors before they are used to determine the 
                                                     # inpainting direction. Higher values help gather more directional information when there are only few valid pixels 
                                                     # available, but increases CPU usage
lmask            = default( lmask,            true ) # apply post process through a repair mask
PP               = default( PP,                  1 ) # Post process function 0,1,2 to help reduce damage left behind by logo removal
debug            = default( debug,           false ) # show mask to help in tunning the output

# set up some values that we need to run
clp_width   = width( clp )
clp_height  = height( clp )
RGB         = isRGB( clp )
RGB32       = isRGB32( clp )
RGB24       = isRGB24( clp )
par         = ( par!= 1.0 ) ? float( clp_height ) / float( clp_width ) * par : 1.0
percent     = ( percent < 0) ? 25 : (percent > 100) ? 100 : percent

# Get the always fun input error checking done
assert        ( logomask != "" , "You have to define a logomask")
assert        ( loc      != "" , "You must provide a value for Loc UL,UR,LL,LR")
assert        ( loc == "TR" || loc == "TL" || loc == "BR" || loc == "BL"  , "Loc must be one of TR, TL, BR, BL")
assert        ( mode == "both" || mode == "inpaint" || mode == "deblend", "Specified mode doesn't exist.")

# Get our crop locations based on the passed location
loc         = UCase( loc )
cutsize     = UCase( cutsize )
multi       = ( cutsize == "SMALL" ) ? 2.25 : ( cutsize == "MEDIUM" ) ? 2.15 : 2
chunk       = ( clp_height > 720 ) ? 2.9 : 3
cutwidth    = ( cutwidth == 0 || cutwidth == -1 ) ? cutwidth : m4(cutwidth)
cutheight   = ( cutheight == 0 || cutheight == -1 ) ? cutheight : m4(cutheight)

a           = ( Rightstr( loc, 1 ) == "L" ) ? 0 : ( cutwidth == 0 ) ? m4( ( clp_width / chunk )  * multi ) : ( cutwidth == -1 ) ? 0 : (clp_width - cutwidth) 
b           = ( Leftstr( loc, 1 )  == "T" ) ? 0 : ( cutheight == 0 ) ? m4( ( clp_height / chunk )  * multi ) : (cutheight == -1 ) ? 0 : (clp_height - cutheight)
c           = ( Rightstr( loc, 1 ) == "R" ) ? 0 : (cutwidth == 0) ? -m4( ( clp_width / chunk )  * multi ) : (cutwidth == -1 ) ? 0 : -(clp_width - cutwidth)
d           = ( Leftstr( loc, 1 )  == "B" ) ? 0 : (cutheight == 0 ) ? -m4( ( clp_height / chunk )  * multi ) : (cutheight == -1) ? 0 : -(clp_height - cutheight)
cropped     = clp.crop(a,b,c,d)

# Anaylse the entire clip or a percentage for speed.  
snipSize    = round( framecount( cropped ) / (framecount( cropped ) * (percent / 100.0) ))
analyse     = ( percent != 100 ) ? cropped.SelectRangeEvery( snipSize, 1 ) : cropped

# Read in our logo mask, prepare it and crop out the corner of interest
logo_mask   = imagesource(logomask,start=0,end=1)
logo_mask   = logo_mask.crop(a,b,c,d)
logo_mask   = logo_mask.ConvertToYV12(Matrix="PC.601")
logo_mask   = logo_mask.DistanceFunction(255/deblendfalloff,PixelAspect=par).Greyscale

# Clean the analyse clip to improve results
analyse = (IsYV12(analyse)) ? analyse : analyse.ConvertToYV12
analyse = analyse.TTempSmoothF(maxr=2,lthresh=256,cthresh=256,scthresh=255).converttoRGB24()
input   = ( RGB24 == true ) ? cropped : cropped.converttoRGB24()

# seperate out the directory and logo names so we can save a unique ebmp file
sl           = logomask.revstr().findstr("\") - 1
Assert((sl   >= 0),"specify a fully qualified directory and logomask name to use")
logo_name    = (sl < 0  ) ? "" : rightstr(logomask,sl) # name and extension
s2           = logo_name.findstr(".") - 1 # find the length of the extension
logo_name    = leftstr(logo_name,s2) # just the name !
Analyse_Name = logo_name + loc + string(percent) + "AnalyzeResult%06d.ebmp"

# Time to run the analysis on the logo, we want the color map and alpha map out of the file.
try {                                                      
  # Analyze is a bit slow so we only do it once and store the result in a file, check if it exists or if it has changed
  ImageSource(Analyse_Name,0,0)
  (Interleave( AssumeFPS(input.FrameRate), input.Trim(0,-2).AnalyzeLogo(logo_mask) ).FrameCount > 3) ? last : last
}
catch( dummy ) {
  # Nice catch, we are here since we need to perform our logo analysis as none already exists
  analyse.AnalyzeLogo(logo_mask)

# The analysis is complete, save a frame (all frames are the same)
  Trim( 0, -1 )
  ImageWriter( logo_name + loc + string(percent) + "AnalyzeResult", 0, 1, "ebmp" )
}

# The color map is the top half of the Analyze result, The alpha channel is in the bottom half
AssumeFPS(analyse.FrameRate)
LogoColor = Crop(0,0,0,last.Height/2)
LogoAlpha = Crop(0,last.Height/2,0,0).ConvertToYV12(Matrix="PC.601")

# Create a Deblend mask, this is a mask that falls off the marked logo area, we use this to blend the delogoed area back into the clip
DeblendMask = logo_mask.DistanceFunction( 255.0 / DeblendFalloff, PixelAspect=par )

# Create a repair mask for pixels that cannot be deblended
LogoAlpha.Invert.mt_lut(expr="x " + " " + string(alphatorepair) + " " + "< 255 0 ?").mt_expand.mt_inflate
RepairMask = ( RepairRadius > 0.1 ) ? DistanceFunction( 84.0 / RepairRadius, PixelAspect=par ) : last

# InpaintLogo and DeblendLogo based on user preferance
deblend    = ( mode == "both" ) ? input.DeblendLogo(LogoColor,LogoAlpha) \
           : ( mode == "deblend" ) ? input.DeblendLogo(logoColor,logoAlpha) : input
repaired   = ( mode == "both" ) ? deblend.InpaintLogo(RepairMask, Radius=InpaintRadius, Sharpness=InpaintSharpness, \
                                  PreBlur=InpaintPreBlur, PostBlur=InpaintPostBlur, PixelAspect=par) \
           : ( mode == "inpaint" ) ? deblend.InpaintLogo(RepairMask,Radius=InpaintRadius, Sharpness=InpaintSharpness, PreBlur=InpaintPreBlur,\
                                     PostBlur=InpaintPostBlur, PixelAspect=par) : deblend

#repaired = ExInpaint (repaired.converttorgb32, repairmask.converttorgb32, color=$ffffff,xsize=5, ysize=3, radius=36)

output = Layer(input.ConvertToRGB32, repaired.ConvertToRGB32.Mask(DeblendMask.ConvertToRGB32(Matrix="PC.601")))
output = output.converttoyv12

# post processing of the results if requested
postmask = LogoAlpha.Invert.mt_lut(expr="x " + " " + string(alphatorepair) + " " + "< 255 0 ?").mt_expand.mt_inflate
postmask = postmask.DistanceFunction( 64.0 / RepairRadius, PixelAspect=par ) 

#postmask = (pp > 0 && lmask) ? repairmask.DistanceFunction( 512.0 / DeblendFalloff, PixelAspect=par ) : blankclip(output,color=$000000)
post = ( PP == 1 ) ? output.minblur(1,uv=3).medianblur(3,0,0).removegrain(11)  \
     : ( pp == 2 ) ? output.fft3dfilter(sigma=16,sigma2=12,sigma3=8,sigma4=4,bt=3,bw=16,bh=16,ow=8,oh=8,plane=4) \
     : ( pp == 3 ) ? output.mt_convolution("1 8 28 56 76 56 28 8 1","1 8 28 56 76 56 28 8 1",y=3,v=2,u=2) \
     : output
output = ( pp > 0 ) ? mt_merge(output,post,postmask) : output

aa = debug ? stackhorizontal(logo_mask.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("logo mask"),logocolor.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("Logo Color"),logoalpha.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("Logo Alpha")) : nop
bb = debug ? stackhorizontal(deblendmask.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("Deblend Mask"),repairmask.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("Repair Mask"),postmask.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("Post Mask")) : nop
cc = debug ? stackhorizontal(cropped.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("Original"),repaired.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("Repaired"),output.ConvertToYV12.subtitle("Post")) : nop

# Almost done, lets blend in our repair
output = (RGB == true) ? (RGB24 == true) ? output : output.converttoRGB32() : output.converttoYV12()
final   = clp.overlay(output,a, b)

RETURN debug ? stackvertical(aa,bb,cc) : final
}

FUNCTION MinBlur(clip input, int r, int "uv")
{
  # Nifty Gauss/Median combination
  # Taken from MCBob.avs:
  uv   = default(uv,3)

# process chroma if uv==3, otherwise just luma
  uv2  = (uv==2) ? 1  : uv
  rg4  = (uv==3) ? 4  : -1
  rg11 = (uv==3) ? 11 : -1
  rg20 = (uv==3) ? 20 : -1
  medf = (uv==3) ? 1  : -200

# make our blur clips, r controls amount 
  RG11D = (r==1) ? mt_makediff(input,input.removegrain(11, rg11),U=uv2,V=uv2)
   \    : (r==2) ? mt_makediff(input,input.removegrain(11,rg11).removegrain(20,rg20),U=uv2,V=uv2)
   \    :          mt_makediff(input,input.removegrain(11,rg11).removegrain(20,rg20).removegrain(20,rg20),U=uv2,V=uv2)
  RG4D  = (r==1) ? mt_makediff(input,input.removegrain(4,rg4),U=uv2,V=uv2)
   \    : (r==2) ? mt_makediff(input,input.medianblur(2,2*medf,2*medf),U=uv2,V=uv2)
   \    :          mt_makediff(input,input.medianblur(3,3*medf,3*medf),U=uv2,V=uv2)
  DD    = mt_lutxy(RG11D,RG4D,"x 128 - y 128 - * 0 < 128 x 128 - abs y 128 - abs < x y ? ?",U=uv2,V=uv2)
  RETURN (input.mt_makediff(DD,U=uv,V=uv))
}

FUNCTION m4(float x) {RETURN( x<16?16:int(round(x/4.0)*4)) }

Last edited by Spuds; 7th May 2008 at 18:16. Reason: Version 0.5
Old 17th February 2008, 05:08   #3  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

*cracks fingers*
Looks like I now have two logo removal functions to add to the wiki.

Will post a link when done.
Note: Typo on line 18. Should say "MedianBlur", not "MediumBlur".

Oh, and finished with the wiki page. Have a look:
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Rm_logo

Feel free to upload any new versions there, where they will always be accessible. (Plus, easier to search for.)

Last edited by Adub; 17th February 2008 at 05:54.
Adub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 19:45   #4  |  Link
K0zi

I've created logomask, but there's something wrong with cropping:

Code:
Crop: YUV images can only be cropped by even numbers (left side).
(...\rm_logo.avs, line 63)
K0zi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 02:08   #5  |  Link
Reuf Toc

Change lines
Code:
a           = ( Rightstr( loc, 1 ) == "L" ) ? 0 : round( ( clp_width / 3 )  * multi )
b           = ( leftstr( loc, 1 )  == "T" ) ? 0 : round( ( clp_height / 3 )  * multi )
c           = ( Rightstr( loc, 1 ) == "R" ) ? 0 : -round( ( clp_width / 3 )  * multi )
d           = ( leftstr( loc, 1 )  == "B" ) ? 0 : -round( ( clp_height / 3 )  * multi )
to
Code:
a           = ( Rightstr( loc, 1 ) == "L" ) ? 0 : round( ( clp_width / 6 )  * multi )*2
b           = ( leftstr( loc, 1 )  == "T" ) ? 0 : round( ( clp_height / 6 )  * multi )*2
c           = ( Rightstr( loc, 1 ) == "R" ) ? 0 : -round( ( clp_width / 6 )  * multi )*2
d           = ( leftstr( loc, 1 )  == "B" ) ? 0 : -round( ( clp_height / 6 )  * multi )*2
should solve your problem
Reuf Toc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 03:25   #6  |  Link
Spuds
dumber every day

@K0zi -- I updated the script in post #2 (as well as the wiki) it should take of the issue. If it does not what Reuf Toc posted will work very well.

The changes in this version are fixing the above error, adding some basic input checking and validating the color space is valid for certain functions.
Old 21st February 2008, 02:51   #7  |  Link
Ranguvar

Woot! Thanks man. I gave up on removing a logo from some HD NASA footage I capped a while back, now I can do it. The only semi-easy solution I could find before was through VFW (ick).
Ranguvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 04:38   #8  |  Link
R3Z
Silver Über Alles

Can you pretty please provide an example (picture) of this filter in action ?

Cheers,
R3
R3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 04:53   #9  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

I will provide an image sample of the filter in progress this weekend if I have time. I was planning on doing it anyways, as I to am curious of how it will work.
Old 21st February 2008, 18:33   #10  |  Link
K0zi

Version 0.1 with corrected cropping works. Version 0.2 doesn't work:
Code:
ConvertToYV12: invalid "matrix" parameter (RGB data only)
(...\rm_logo_v2.avs, line 104)
Example, v0.1 on default settings, logomask was made in hurry, just to see if it works:
source vs. rm_logo:
Old 21st February 2008, 21:41   #11  |  Link
leecoq

can you post the script ?
the crop numbers etc...
leecoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 23:55   #12  |  Link
Ranguvar

I just get an error saying there's no function "DistanceFunction"

At this line (#84): logo_mask = logo_mask.DistanceFunction(255/deblendfalloff,PixelAspect=par).Greyscale

I'm pretty sure I have all the required filters?

EDIT: Alright, sorry, fixed that. I had to load AviSynth_C.dll and then load AVSInpaint.dll externally with LoadCPlugin. Now waiting to see if it works... LOL, if it is indeed working, this puppy takes forever with 1080p footage xD

Last edited by Ranguvar; 22nd February 2008 at 00:09.
Old 22nd February 2008, 15:38   #13  |  Link
Ranguvar

Yep, I get the invalid matrix parameter too.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:57   #14  |  Link
Spuds
dumber every day

Quote:
I get the invalid matrix parameter
Sorry about that, I've posted a new version 0.3 that should fix that.

Quote:
takes forever with 1080p footage
Oh yeah, of course almost anything else does as well. The best bet to speed that up is use the percent parameter to reduce what it has to analyze on the first pass. Thinking about it some more I can add some checking on the size of the input and change the corner cut size appropriately, should help with 1080 input. I'll work on a 0.4 version

In the 0.3 version I added a debug=true option, it will output some screens to help see what the script is doing as well as see what the parameters are changing. Here is an example:
Code:
rm_logo(last,logomask=videos+"cbs2.bmp",loc="br",par=4.0/3.0,mode="both",percent=30,debug=true)

Let me know if you find other problems that need to be addressed and I'll put them in the 0.4 with 1080 improvements.
Old 4th March 2008, 10:39   #15  |  Link
K0zi

Is it possible to remove more than one logo? (screens above)
If I use this function twice in the script, I guess it'll use the same analyze-results file every time
Old 5th March 2008, 05:33   #16  |  Link
Spuds
dumber every day

@K0zi

I posted a 0.4 version, this one saves the analysis.bmp file with a unique name based off the logo name, its location and percentage. This should avoid conflicts if you want to call it twice or more in a single script.

This version also has a small change to help with wide screen clips, by allowing it to cut a smaller area for the analysis.
Old 5th March 2008, 21:20   #17  |  Link
K0zi

Old 31st March 2008, 22:01   #18  |  Link
McCauley

Hi Spuds,

just wanted to say thank you for this nice script.
I haven't finished testing it, but it seems to be really effective.

Would it be possible to add MV based image restoration to the function?
It could be something like compute the vectors of the 2 previous and following frames with a radius of the clip height/10 around the logo only in the second pass. When a block moves towards the vector and "disappears" it could be layered over the logo, or be mixed with with the Inpainting. (I hope you understand what i mean). With this limited MV fetching the script shouldn't become unusably slow.

It would also really useful, if the function could do a check if the logo is present. On many sources the logo disapears periodically (due to commercial cuts or whatever). This should be doable with Masktools (?!). If no logo is present the frame will not be taken intoaccount for the first pass and won't be delogoed in the second. Keep in mind that logos reappear (and dissapear) smoothly most times, so it should be thresholded.

Another killer feature to add could be a function to remove hardcoded subs. With masking, Inpainting and MV based restoration it should be doable, but i'm no expert. To prevent the function from removing words in the movie (cast, director etc.) the processed are could be limited to the middle of the bottom, so one must specifiy how much the processed area expands from the middle of the last line in the x and y axis.
But perhaps this should be a separate function.

I really hope i can contribute a few lines of code in the future, but atm, i can only make suggestions what could be improved based on my very limited understanding of avisynth's syntax and it's PlugIns.

Looking forward to some further development. :-)

Regards
McCauley

Last edited by McCauley; 2nd April 2008 at 02:01. Reason: Made some hopefully useful suggestions
McCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 20:14   #19  |  Link
McCauley

Hi,

it's me again :-)

General hint: It's really important that the logo is present in every analyzed frame (check before!).See below.

Should the pure white logo be very precise or should it be a few pixels bolder than the station logo(like in Didée's delogo Function)?
Keep in mind that there is always some ringing around the logo.

When processing with a clip with sharp black bars, the analyzed area has a soft transition after applying the script. I guess that is caused by the yv12/rgb/yv12 conversion ?!
I fixed that with
Quote:
overlay(last,src.crop(0,0,-1116,-1050))
not very elegant but it did the trick.

cutsize -- Why not just use the center of the logo and expand the cutsize from that? If the logo is not very big, but closer to center of the frame one clould skip analysing the border areas, since they are uzeless anyway

pp -- Post Process, 1,2 or 3. Apply some additional post processing of the removed area to further hide the logo
and artifacts. What do they in particular?! with my clips changing pp didn't do anything (or almost nothing). Do they only make diffrerence with inpainting? The logos i removed where deblending only. A simple blur(~.3) sometimes does the magic.

I refined the description a bit, maybe you want to add it to your first post:

1) Get a clip with a logo that you want removed.
Prepare your clip for the analysis pass:
check if the logo is at its place from the beginning to the end, often it appears first after a few seconds or even minutes after the movie/series has started (use trim or more advanced functions for that).
Sometimes the logo disappears due to commercial cuts or whatever, to check for that insert "selectevery(300)" (values between 100 and 500 should be appriate, the lower the value, the more frames you have to check!)
at the end of your script, skipp through them to see if the logo is present in every frame. if not you have you have to trim it out manually to get optimal results for the analysis pass.
You can also exclude the credits to save time, because they won't improve the analysis pass. A black background is not very useful to get any alpha information.

2) Save a frame from that clip and edit it in your favorite graphics program, paint the logo pure white and everything else black. Save it as a logo.bmp (any name you want).
To make it easy for yourself you should choose a frame frome the credits, or where the logo has a dark background. That helps with the painting if you're not so experienced with image processing.

3) Make a avs script such as:
Quote:
#rm_logo(last,logomask=logo.bmp",loc="br",par=4.0/3.0,mode="both",percent=20,pp=1)
If youre using AVSP, i advise you to check the parameters and the prepared clip (see point 1) very carefully, and then remove the # from your script, i hit the preview button more than once and my system was
stuck due to the analysis pass with suboptimal settings. BEFORE you run the analysis you MUST save the script, otherwise the analysis detects a "change" in the script's name and will run again, when loading it into VDub or any other GUI.
After the analysis pass is finished you can remove the trim command(s) and optimize your script with deblocking, denoising, resizing, sharpening or whatever you want to apply, put the filters after the rm_logo call, since this is now your source.

percent -- The percent of total frames to use in computing the masks, the more the better and the slower.
Values above 50% shoulnd't be useful in any case, except maybe with very, very short clips.

The first time the script runs expect it to take a little time, it has to compute the color and alpha masks so it will appear to lock up on you while its doing this.
Depending on the size of your clip and the percentage of anaylysis you set, i can take some time. Up to 2 hours or more for 1080p footage on a C2D!

Regards
McCauley
McCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 02:37   #20  |  Link
Spuds
dumber every day

@McCauley

Thanks for all the suggestions on improvements, there are some very good ideas that I'll tinker around with to see what improvements we can get and if there is a way to implement them so they work correctly (ie logo present or not).

Quote:
When processing with a clip with sharp black bars
Do you have an example clip that you can upload somewhere so I can take a look at this, sounds like something is wrong with one of the conversions, probably a color range thing.

Quote:
Post Process ... What do they in particular?
You will notice improvements mostly for logos that you had to inpaint since that will remove the logo but leave a less 'damaged' area behind. These functions just try to blend the delogoed zone back into the frame so its more difficult to find.

Thanks for all the documentation updates, I'll update the readme and wiki with the improvements, I think you listed most of the gotchas with the delogoing process, fun huh

Quote:
Should the pure white logo be very precise or should it be a few pixels bolder than the station logo
You can be a little over the edges and it wil not hurt anything, so be close but no need to be exact. The function grows the mask internally to help blend it anyway.

Again thanks for the help and suggestions!