Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 8th February 2008, 17:07   #1  |  Link
ernstblaauw

make a DVD from photo's / movies

Hi,

Last week I was on vacation. Now, I have some photo's and a couple of short movies, taken with my digital photo camera. I want to make a DVD for my friends, and therefore I want to do the following things:
  1. Convert pictures to a (MPEG2) slideshow. I use DVD slideshow GUI for this, a great program.
  2. Convert all movies to MPEG2. I like to use a batch converter for converting all my movies (which are ordered in a directory tree per subject) with a standard AviSynth script (not yet created by me) to convert all AVI's to MPEG2 with a freeware encoder like HCenc.
  3. Create a (fancy) menu with pointers to the slideshow and all movies. I do not know which program to use for this.
  4. Burn DVD using ImgBurn or something like that.
As you can see, I need some help with points 2 and 3. Does someone know a programs that does what I want?
Thanks for your help!
Old 8th February 2008, 17:57   #2  |  Link
tin3tin

You can load your avi's into DVD slideshow GUI and make them a part of the slideshow.

If you want a dvd with menus and such: export from D.S.G. to .gfd format.

Download Gui for dvdauthor and load the .gfd file.

Now you'll have a dvd with a main menu, the entire slideshow as one video, a chapter menu and also a slide/movie pr. menu so you can forward to next slide/movie(motion-menu) by your remote.

If you want a different structure you can change most things in Gui for dvdauthor.

Imgburn can be used for burning directly from G.F.D.

There's a flash tutorial here: GFDexport.html

Last edited by tin3tin; 8th February 2008 at 17:59.
tin3tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 10:02   #3  |  Link
blessyou008

recommend DVD Photo Slideshow

vacation always sounds good for me, and the application you referred seems good, too. thank you man

i just want to recommend another software which i've used for almost one year, DVD Photo Slideshow, click here

it devides your DVD creating into 3 steps: organize photos -> choose menu -> burn disc
(actually, only two steps if you have only one album and use no dvd menu). simple, huh?
blessyou008 is offline   Reply With Quote