Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th September 2008, 20:26   #1981  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'
 
n0mag!c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1KLAS View Post
But I have one problem with only one video.
When I mux the video with .srt subtitles into a Blu-ray strucure, and open it with MediaInfo then, it says that there is a Video0 Delay about 36min...
I noticed, that TsMuxer incorrectly mux PGS subtitles when any delay has being specified. Can anyone confirm this?
Maybe this is the same issue with SRT subtitles? Did you specified any delay with this video?
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 22:06   #1982  |  Link
N1KLAS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c View Post
I noticed, that TsMuxer incorrectly mux PGS subtitles when any delay has being specified. Can anyone confirm this?
Maybe this is the same issue with SRT subtitles? Did you specified any delay with this video?
Hi,

when i play the video, there isnt any delay between video and audio. MediaInfo says that there is a Video0 delay about 36min (Subtitles), when i mux this video with .srt subtitles by using tsMuxeR.
But when I play the muxed video with my Blu-ray player, and switch on the subtitles, no subtitles appear. (-> I think that the Video0-delay acts a part)
But at the end of the video, about the last 1 or 2 seconds, funnily enough, there appear some subtitles, but veerrry fast back-to-back..
It's very strange that they are shown at the end, and then soo fast. Every other video is playable perfectly with subtitles.
i don't understand why it doesn't work with this video..

@n0mag!c: What do you mean with "any delay that has being specified" and "if i specified any delay with this video"?
what kind of delay?

Last edited by N1KLAS; 12th September 2008 at 22:11.
N1KLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 05:10   #1983  |  Link
hdjerin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
Which BD titles with truehd track ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denner View Post
I have the excact same issue, the only difference is that I am burning my back-ups to a BD-25 and playing them back on my Panasonic DMP-BD50.
With TrueHD discs my Panasonic just refuses to play them, when remuxed with TsmuxeR, but if I remux them again with TsRemux and then replace the original m2ts stream from TsmuxeR with the new one from Tsremux and then burn it all is ok.

The "funny" thing is that the Tsremux output, when burned to a BD-25 wont play on the Panasonic either, strange....

But if there is any one out there with a Panasonic DMP-BD50, I can confirm that this work around works for it
Dear Denner
May you please share the information of BD titles with truehd track you processed ?
hdjerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 09:02   #1984  |  Link
hdpete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdjerin View Post
Dear Denner
May you please share the information of BD titles with truehd track you processed ?
Denner's method didn't work for me using a Sony BDP-S350. I can't get any TrueHD audio to go through TsMuxer, once it has, it seems to be recked forever, whether or not it's passed through TsRemux afterwards.
If I remux from the original rip and can fit it onto a BD25 using TsRemux to Blu-Ray, it'll play fine recognising the TrueHD.
Problem is some video's need compressing to fit to a BD25 and then TsRemux won't let you add 2 different files, i.e. the compressed video using RipBot and the THD extracted by eac3to, only TsMuxer will let you do that, and that's no good for THD.
Consequently, I've only been able to keep TrueHD using TsRemux when there's no need to shrink the video to get a fit to a BD25. Other than that, the only way to keep uncompressed audio is to convert the audio to pcm using eac3to, then fix it for use with TsMuxer using Pcm2Tsmu, then mux the pcm and shrunken video stream using TsMuxer to blu-ray. Trouble with that is the PCM audio is about 3 x bigger than the TrueHD, so consequently you have to shrink the video smaller to get it all to fit on a BD25.

Last edited by hdpete; 13th September 2008 at 14:51.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 09:17   #1985  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'
 
n0mag!c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1KLAS View Post
What do you mean with "any delay that has being specified" and "if i specified any delay with this video"?
what kind of delay?
I'm talking about "delay" field in TsMuxer. When you're muxing your movie with TsMuxer do you change default value "0" to any for your SRT subtitles?
I'm personally muxing SRT subtitles with 1080p video (not 720p as yours) and having no problems. Maybe you can post few first lines from your SRT file so we can check it?
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 17:10   #1986  |  Link
N1KLAS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c View Post
I'm talking about "delay" field in TsMuxer. When you're muxing your movie with TsMuxer do you change default value "0" to any for your SRT subtitles?
I'm personally muxing SRT subtitles with 1080p video (not 720p as yours) and having no problems. Maybe you can post few first lines from your SRT file so we can check it?
hi, I dont change the default value "0" - I never do so, and actually i dont have any problem...

here are the first lines of the SRT file:
Code:
1
00:00:00,030 --> 00:00:02,130
Bisher bei Prison Break ...

2
00:00:02,140 --> 00:00:03,390
Wir hauen heute Nacht ab.

3
00:00:03,400 --> 00:00:05,650
Es gibt weder Elektrizität
noch fließendes Wasser.

4
00:00:05,660 --> 00:00:07,480
Hundert Dollar pro Monat.

Last edited by N1KLAS; 14th September 2008 at 11:23.
N1KLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 19:11   #1987  |  Link
Nullity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
Denner's method didn't work for me using a Sony BDP-S350. I can't get any TrueHD audio to go through TsMuxer, once it has, it seems to be recked forever, whether or not it's passed through TsRemux afterwards.
If I remux from the original rip and can fit it onto a BD25 using TsRemux to Blu-Ray, it'll play fine recognising the TrueHD.
Problem is some video's need compressing to fit to a BD25 and then TsRemux won't let you add 2 different files, i.e. the compressed video using RipBot and the THD extracted by eac3to, only TsMuxer will let you do that, and that's no good for THD.
Consequently, I've only been able to keep TrueHD using TsRemux when there's no need to shrink the video to get a fit to a BD25. Other than that, the only way to keep uncompressed audio is to convert the audio to pcm using eac3to, then fix it for use with TsMuxer using Pcm2Tsmu, then mux the pcm and shrunken video stream using TsMuxer to blu-ray. Trouble with that is the PCM audio is about 3 x bigger than the TrueHD, so consequently you have to shrink the video smaller to get it all to fit on a BD25.
You could mux the compressed video and TrueHD audio into an mkv file first, then import that into TsRemux and do your thing. It adds an extra step, but the final output is exactly what you're looking for. You won't have PCM audio to take up all that space.

It's a shame developement on TsMuxer has stopped - it's a great program, but it has a few bugs and has a great more potential. TsRemux is a decent program, but I feel it lacks many needed features, one of which you already pointed out - that it can only open one file at a time, instead of importing multiple, like TsMuxer.
Nullity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 00:36   #1988  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 310
^^^ why don't you guys just a buy a BD-RE 50 and then you won't have to worry about what you need to use to make your movies work.
EPiPH0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 09:18   #1989  |  Link
GuiPoM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Unable to remux a vob with dts sound track

Hi !

Starting from a VOB file with a MPEG video track and a DTS sound track.

I want to remux it into a ts file.

Here an example with a DTS trailer VOB file, but same with some of my HD movies ... I don't understand why Playstation3 and VLC does not detect the sound track (no sound), and VLC identify it as a subtitle !

Before, just opening the VOB:


After muxing, opening the ts again:


Opening information box in VLC:


Could anyone help me getting a correct TS that includes my DTS track ? Thanks
GuiPoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 09:35   #1990  |  Link
hdpete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullity View Post
You could mux the compressed video and TrueHD audio into an mkv file first, then import that into TsRemux and do your thing. It adds an extra step, but the final output is exactly what you're looking for. You won't have PCM audio to take up all that space.

It's a shame developement on TsMuxer has stopped - it's a great program, but it has a few bugs and has a great more potential. TsRemux is a decent program, but I feel it lacks many needed features, one of which you already pointed out - that it can only open one file at a time, instead of importing multiple, like TsMuxer.
Thanks for that, I didn't think MKVMerge accepted TrueHD, if it does, what file extension should I use for the extracted TrueHD file in eac3to, I know MKVMerge doesn't accept .thd?

Last edited by hdpete; 14th September 2008 at 10:00.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 09:36   #1991  |  Link
Albion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
^^^ why don't you guys just a buy a BD-RE 50 and then you won't have to worry about what you need to use to make your movies work.
Is there a current drive that writes to BD-RE50?

Certainly the LG GGW-H20L writes to BD-R50
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 10:08   #1992  |  Link
Beastie Boy
Registered User
 
Beastie Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
Thanks for that, I didn't think MKVMerge accepted TrueHD...
Same here. I would be interested to hear from anyone getting this to work.
Beastie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 10:51   #1993  |  Link
hdpete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
^^^ why don't you guys just a buy a BD-RE 50 and then you won't have to worry about what you need to use to make your movies work.
I take it you know where to get BD50's at a sensible price then ?
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 14:36   #1994  |  Link
odin24
Registered User
 
odin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Great North (the better half of North America)
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiPoM View Post
Hi !

Starting from a VOB file with a MPEG video track and a DTS sound track.

I want to remux it into a ts file.

Here an example with a DTS trailer VOB file, but same with some of my HD movies ... I don't understand why Playstation3 and VLC does not detect the sound track (no sound), and VLC identify it as a subtitle !

Could anyone help me getting a correct TS that includes my DTS track ? Thanks
For DTS (and subtitles) you need to make a AVCHD/BD format or DVD format disc for playback on the PS3, it will not play as a m2ts or ts file. As for the VLC issue, I'm not sure, I do not use VLC.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 17:12   #1995  |  Link
NexGen76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
any one tried ripping Doomsday the movie?

i get a message that some tracks can't be recognized by tsmuxer. what tracks are those?

I'm having the same issue with my BD rips after using anydvd hd to rip them to my HD.Do anyone know why TsMuxeR give us this error & know how to fix this or around it......Thxs
NexGen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 23:26   #1996  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion View Post
Is there a current drive that writes to BD-RE50?

Certainly the LG GGW-H20L writes to BD-R50

If your BD burner can burn BD-R 50 and not BD-RE 50 then you got jacked.
EPiPH0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 23:27   #1997  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
I take it you know where to get BD50's at a sensible price then ?

If you've already spent the money on a standalone BluRay player and a burner what's an extra $50 for a disc that you will get thousands of uses out of?
EPiPH0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 03:12   #1998  |  Link
hdjerin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
TrueHD titles on panasonic BD30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
Denner's method didn't work for me using a Sony BDP-S350.
Denner's method did work for my panasonic BD30.
Including BD titles "the fifth element", "ghost rider", "blade runner" and "spiderman 3" had ouput TrueHD bitstream to Integra 9.8 preamp.

But "the phantom of opera, japan edition" remuxed by "Denner's method", had abnormal TrueHD bitstream output ... tremor of sound.

ps. In the first "tsmuxer" step, I noted the TrueHD of "the phantom of opera, japan edition" showed 448kbps core, all other titles showed 640kbps core. Any thought ?




Last edited by hdjerin; 15th September 2008 at 07:39.
hdjerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 03:45   #1999  |  Link
Nullity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpete View Post
Thanks for that, I didn't think MKVMerge accepted TrueHD, if it does, what file extension should I use for the extracted TrueHD file in eac3to, I know MKVMerge doesn't accept .thd?
My fault, you are correct, MKVmerge doesn't accept TrueHD audio. I had thought I gotten it to work a while back when I was doing a bunch of format testing, but I must have been mistaken.

Sorry about that, I guess I should have tested it again to make sure before I replied.

EDIT: Oddly enough, when trying to import a thd+ac3 audio file, MKVmerge accepts it, but thinks it is an AVC/h.264 video stream.

Last edited by Nullity; 15th September 2008 at 04:05.
Nullity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 07:21   #2000  |  Link
hdpete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPH0NE View Post
If you've already spent the money on a standalone BluRay player and a burner what's an extra $50 for a disc that you will get thousands of uses out of?
Not if you want to keep the movie, which most people do.
hdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tsmuxer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.