Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 19th October 2007, 03:52   #1  |  Link
piecemealcranky

A really difficult problem to deal with on VSFilter

I've tried and read almost everywhere I could search in google but nothing helped as of now (of course browsing through here didn't provide much help so far).

Here's the problem. I have the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) installed and it is absolutely great. No problems with FFDshow at all.

The problem comes when I convert an MKV file (consisting of a h264 video and ass subtitle file) to an RMVB file using Easy Realmedia Converter. It has been running very proficiently since I've used it, and I can convert the h264 file with no problems. But when I am to hardsub the file, I reconvert the rmvb file with the subtitle file and as it converts, it stops at a fixed point. Say, 67% and if I retry it will stop there. It doesn't really stop, it just hangs.

I've done several files and they came out fine. I've done this lots of times before (though most of the input files were AVI) and nothing like this ever bugged me.

Has anyone ever used this program? I like to shrink my files to the smallest possible while keeping the quality, so that's why I convert them to RMVB.

I am hoping for a solution. Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance.
piecemealcranky is offline   Reply With Quote