Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11th November 2007, 11:08   #161  |  Link
Underground78

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
If the PAT/PMT says it is there I use it. But your stream turned up a bug that makes it work for your stream. When finding initial PIDs with PAT/PMT, the last audio channel was being used instead of the first. When I fixed that it now finds the first MPA stream, which is fine in this stream. It will be in the next beta.
Ok, thank you !
Old 12th November 2007, 20:28   #162  |  Link

Version 1.5.0 beta 13

* Fixed problem whereby the automatic PID setting for transport streams used the last audio stream encountered instead of the first.

* Added an MRU list to the File menu.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec150b13.zip

This version also contains a new feature. The first person to find it gets a brownie point. Then I will add it to the change list. Just for some fun!

Last edited by Guest; 12th November 2007 at 22:05.
Old 12th November 2007, 20:42   #163  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Quote:
This version also contains a new feature. The first person to find it gets a brownie point. Then I will add it to the change list. Just for some fun!
Thanks for the update. I should find it in no time (or so i hope ).

---
The ability to quickly navigate to a previously opened file (i.e., bookmarking) with Recent file list?

Last edited by Terranigma; 12th November 2007 at 20:51.
Old 12th November 2007, 22:04   #164  |  Link

That is correct. Your brownie point:

Old 12th November 2007, 22:54   #165  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
Mmm, tasty!
Old 12th November 2007, 22:58   #166  |  Link

Hands off! That belongs to Terranigma.
Old 13th November 2007, 00:43   #167  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

My bad.
Old 13th November 2007, 01:24   #168  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Quote:
Hands off! That belongs to Terranigma.
Haha, thanks for the treat (and this wonderful update).
Old 17th November 2007, 02:19   #169  |  Link
Yoshiyuki Blade
Novice x264 User

Just a bit curious, do you make any changes to dgdecode.dll for the betas? I replace them each time I check out a new build just in case, but if I don't have to, that'll save me a good 2 seconds of time .
Old 17th November 2007, 05:00   #170  |  Link

They are always changed at a minimum to have the right beta version number. I recommend that you always upgrade all components.

Last edited by Guest; 17th November 2007 at 05:03.
Old 18th November 2007, 13:46   #171  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Question for Donald, or anybody who could help. I'm having trouble with noticable interlacing lines on the picture, and I have no idea how to deal with them. Encoding it progressive, it'll look horrible, encoding it interlaced I'm not willing to do unless absolutely necessarily. Sample: http://rapidshare.com/files/70550171/FieldSample.zip. Please assist!
Old 18th November 2007, 16:36   #172  |  Link
Rainy

DGIndex doesn't seem to recognize the end of your file; the navigation controls remain disabled, when the timeline end is reached and nothing happens. I have to hit escape to return to the initial state.
Old 18th November 2007, 18:13   #173  |  Link

I had to cut some orphaned data at the end to keep DGIndex from doing that. Bad cut.

Um, this is pure interlaced video (not film). You either have to encode it as interlaced, or deinterlace it.
Old 18th November 2007, 18:59   #174  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Don,

could you please check what is causing the problems when using SetMTMode(2) with tsp's Avisynth build that has multithreading support?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...01#post1065701
Old 18th November 2007, 19:11   #175  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Sadly the detail in many NTSC TV shows often get completely destroyed when converted to PAL. Especially if the original NTSC source was interlaced to begin with
Old 19th November 2007, 01:33   #176  |  Link
elfurbe

Analyze Sync

I'm not sure if this is specific to the beta or not. I noticed a "new to me" feature, not sure when it showed up, Tools->Analyze Sync. I just decoded a vobset with multiple audio streams, all of which show delays of 0 in their output filenames, but when I ran track 1 through the Analyze Sync tool, the output log file showed delay on every entry, except the first. I'm not sure what to make of that, so I'm wondering a couple things.

1: Does the analyze sync tool do what I think it does or am I misunderstanding? It seems to do a frame-by-frame check of audio sync to video. Is that accurate?

2: If that's what it's doing and it's finding delay, should I/how would I use this info to get proper sync with my video and audio after encoding to a different format? Average all the reported delays perhaps?
Old 19th November 2007, 01:36   #177  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
could you please check what is causing the problems when using SetMTMode(2) with tsp's Avisynth build that has multithreading support?[/url]
I don't have a multi-core machine.
Old 19th November 2007, 01:39   #178  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfurbe View Post
I'm not sure if this is specific to the beta or not. I noticed a "new to me" feature, not sure when it showed up, Tools->Analyze Sync. I just decoded a vobset with multiple audio streams, all of which show delays of 0 in their output filenames, but when I ran track 1 through the Analyze Sync tool, the output log file showed delay on every entry, except the first. I'm not sure what to make of that, so I'm wondering a couple things.
When you see a new feature, the first thing to do is to read the users manual:

"This tool allows the user to create a log of the audio delay values that would be generated if the project were to be started at all the I frames of the stream. ... Note that for a displayed delay value to be usable and correct, you must start your project at the corresponding I frame."

Quote:
1: Does the analyze sync tool do what I think it does or am I misunderstanding? It seems to do a frame-by-frame check of audio sync to video. Is that accurate?
See above.

Last edited by Guest; 19th November 2007 at 01:51.
Old 19th November 2007, 01:42   #179  |  Link
elfurbe

Many apologies. RTFM indeed. Thanks anyway!
Old 22nd November 2007, 01:34   #180  |  Link
remiche

Number 13 is fatal without doubt-that!

I riping 3 DVDs for 6min!!!
Log file say: no find audio!
HoHoHooo...
I install 1.45 Stable... and all OK (successful RIPs OK)
Closed Thread