Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd January 2002, 13:41   #1  |  Link
Equinoxe

DVD-R/RW anyone got one to work on a Panasonic DVD-RV20??

I have a pioneer and panasonic player, using Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0 to burn dvds from which i have Ifo-edit'd and also bit for bit copies (Unprotected discs) now the RW's and R's work in the pioneer for both Bit for Bit and Ifo-edit'd (just movie) but on the panasonic it reads the disc as a DVD then says "NO PLAY" on the LCD!

Anyone been able to get a DVD-R/RW to work on there panasonic?

Many thanks for any help

Eq
Equinoxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2002, 09:04   #2  |  Link
1DREAMER

Re: DVD-R/RW anyone got one to work on a Panasonic DVD-RV20??

I have a dmre20 and they work fine, although 1 disk wasnt reconized, i ejected and put back in and it worked. May be the nedia you are using?? Some media works better than others in players. Disc color should have Nothing to do with compatibility ( as quoted from cd_recordable.com ) a disc manufacturer in the US. Check their FAQ out, you may be surprised what you read about Media. Good Luck

Quote:
Originally posted by Equinoxe
I have a pioneer and panasonic player, using Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0 to burn dvds from which i have Ifo-edit'd and also bit for bit copies (Unprotected discs) now the RW's and R's work in the pioneer for both Bit for Bit and Ifo-edit'd (just movie) but on the panasonic it reads the disc as a DVD then says "NO PLAY" on the LCD!

Anyone been able to get a DVD-R/RW to work on there panasonic?

Many thanks for any help

Eq
Old 4th January 2002, 09:06   #3  |  Link
1DREAMER

Re: Re: DVD-R/RW anyone got one to work on a Panasonic DVD-RV20??

Quote:
Originally posted by 1DREAMER

Forgot 1 thing. Check to see if your player SUPPORTS dvd-r , My dmre is a recorder/player.

I have a dmre20 and they work fine, although 1 disk wasnt reconized, i ejected and put back in and it worked. May be the nedia you are using?? Some media works better than others in players. Disc color should have Nothing to do with compatibility ( as quoted from cd_recordable.com ) a disc manufacturer in the US. Check their FAQ out, you may be surprised what you read about Media. Good Luck

Old 22nd October 2007, 09:46   #4  |  Link
FFH

Well..

Well technology is running fast..fortunately. I remember having the same problems with my DVD-RV20. But then I just decided to never burn again if not really necessary. Wasting DVDs for what. When i used RWs I mostly couldnt write more than 3 times..perhaps it was due to the burner. I got some hard drives pretty cheap and burn only if my girlfriend needs a DVD for her friends.
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:12   #5  |  Link
setarip_old

@Equinoxe

Hi!

According to the information at the following link, your Panasonic is NOT capable of playing back DVD-R or DVD-R/W media. It appears that your player actually pre-dates the creation of +R media as well - so it would seem that it can only play commercial, pressed DVDs:

http://www.mediacollege.com/equipmen...d/dvdrv20.html
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote