Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th January 2009, 12:50   #7801  |  Link
KevinMcPool
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using eac3to and its gui(which ive done successfully numerous times before on seamless branching titles-this one is the ext.cut of KK) ive encountered this error message whilst remuxing the dtshd to lpcm(for my pch a100)
"The temp file could not be interpreted correctly"..eac3to correctly identifies the audio overlaps..
[a05] Audio overlaps for 11ms at playtime 1:14:09.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 7ms at playtime 1:16:59.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 1:38:53.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 2:09:19.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 2:46:16.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 8ms at playtime 2:46:38.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 11ms at playtime 2:53:16.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 10ms at playtime 3:14:19
but then stops with the aforementioned error message and produces no .lpcm output just a log with the error meassage.
The same has also just happened with Close Encounters(seamless branching too)
Ive tried with eac3to latest and older versions also.
I use the sonic decoder.
Anyone help please??
KevinMcPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 13:04   #7802  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
madshi, what does this mean?

Code:
a03 This track begins with a non-major frame.
It means that the TrueHD track doesn't begin as it should begin technically, but eac3to works around that problem. TrueHD tracks consist of major and non-major frames. Usually a track begins with a major frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMcPool View Post
Using eac3to and its gui(which ive done successfully numerous times before on seamless branching titles-this one is the ext.cut of KK) ive encountered this error message whilst remuxing the dtshd to lpcm(for my pch a100)
"The temp file could not be interpreted correctly"..eac3to correctly identifies the audio overlaps..
[a05] Audio overlaps for 11ms at playtime 1:14:09.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 7ms at playtime 1:16:59.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 1:38:53.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 2:09:19.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 2:46:16.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 8ms at playtime 2:46:38.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 11ms at playtime 2:53:16.
[a05] Audio overlaps for 10ms at playtime 3:14:19
but then stops with the aforementioned error message and produces no .lpcm output just a log with the error meassage.
The same has also just happened with Close Encounters(seamless branching too)
Ive tried with eac3to latest and older versions also.
I use the sonic decoder.
Anyone help please??
Need to see the full eac3to log. From v3.01, please.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 19:19   #7803  |  Link
KevinMcPool
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post

Need to see the full eac3to log. From v3.01, please.
Sorry madshi unfortunately 3.01 doesnt produce a log when i ask it to convert dtshd to lpcm from the seamless branching titles(both Close Encounters and King Kong).It merely fails with the aforementioned error message though unlike eac3to 2.87(which did produce a log) it keeps the lpcm file with the extension of pass1.lpcm...thus to summarise..
2.87-builds the lpcm file from the dtshd but then deletes it at the point of the required second pass leaving only a log file with the error message "The temp file could not be interpreted correctly"
3.01-also builds the lpcm file but also fails at the point of the second pass leaving no log file but an lpcm file e.g. "CEDirCutdtshdto.pass1.lpcm"
Here is the log from 2.87..
Code:
eac3to v2.87
command line: "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\eac3to287\eac3to.exe" "D:\Close Encounters\CLOSE_ENCOUNTERS\BDMV\STREAM\" 1) 4: "D:\Close Encounters\CLOSE_ENCOUNTERS\BDMV\STREAM\closeencountersdcdtshdto.lpcm"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 20 subtitle tracks, 2:17:13
1: Chapters, 20 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz
   (embedded: AC3, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz)
4: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
5: Subtitle (PGS), English
6: Subtitle (PGS), English
7: Subtitle (PGS), Dutch
8: Subtitle (PGS), Arabic
9: Subtitle (PGS), Bulgarian
10: Subtitle (PGS), Croatian
11: Subtitle (PGS), Czech
12: Subtitle (PGS), Danish
13: Subtitle (PGS), Finnish
14: Subtitle (PGS), Modern Greek
15: Subtitle (PGS), Hebrew
16: Subtitle (PGS), Hindi
17: Subtitle (PGS), Hungarian
18: Subtitle (PGS), Icelandic
19: Subtitle (PGS), Norwegian
20: Subtitle (PGS), Polish
21: Subtitle (PGS), Romanian
22: Subtitle (PGS), Slovenian
23: Subtitle (PGS), Swedish
24: Subtitle (PGS), Turkish
[a04] The ArcSoft decoder doesn't seem to work, will use Sonic instead.
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Decoding with DirectShow (Sonic Audio Decoder)...
[a04] DirectShow reports 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
[a04] Swapping endian...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Creating file "D:\Close Encounters\CLOSE_ENCOUNTERS\BDMV\STREAM\closeencountersdcdtshdto.lpcm"...
[a04] The last DTS frame is incomplete and thus gets skipped.
[a04] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 24 bits.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 7ms at playtime 0:23:06.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 0:26:06.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 11ms at playtime 0:30:37.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 0:34:03.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 0:37:20.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 7ms at playtime 0:41:25.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 13ms at playtime 0:45:19.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 0:58:47.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 12ms at playtime 1:03:58.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 1:04:39.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 8ms at playtime 1:13:48.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 10ms at playtime 1:15:44.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 6ms at playtime 1:16:41.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 5ms at playtime 1:20:28.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 1:21:15.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 1:34:00.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 9ms at playtime 1:34:34.
[a04] Audio overlaps for 10ms at playtime 2:11:04.
The temp file could not be interpreted correctly.
Ive went back to my previously working method using your eac3to v2.52 and all is well..ive just to manually re-run the same command to ensure the RAW/PCM gaps are realized.

Last edited by KevinMcPool; 13th January 2009 at 00:26.
KevinMcPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 19:32   #7804  |  Link
canTsTop
Registered User
 
canTsTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 120
hello, i am new to eac3to

here is sample http://www.mediafire.com/file/kynimztnjwe/333_0_0.ts (~65mb), duration is 3mn 34s, but after i demux it with eac3to, its only few seconds
here is log http://www.paste.lt/paste/092a823690...e882c9b04966a3
it says The source file is encrypted. <WARNING>, but its not encrypted


here is another 2 samples with many errors http://www.mediafire.com/file/iqom3m...th_errors_2.ts (10mb) and http://www.mediafire.com/?zumjnyzywdy (24mb)
after i dumux them, audio is few seconds shorter then mediainfo reported on TS. is this normal?


can this tool repair video? thank you.
canTsTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 22:22   #7805  |  Link
mbcd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by canTsTop View Post
hello, i am new to eac3to

here is sample http://www.mediafire.com/file/kynimztnjwe/333_0_0.ts (~65mb), duration is 3mn 34s, but after i demux it with eac3to, its only few seconds
here is log http://www.paste.lt/paste/092a823690...e882c9b04966a3
it says The source file is encrypted. <WARNING>, but its not encrypted


here is another 2 samples with many errors http://www.mediafire.com/file/iqom3m...th_errors_2.ts (10mb) and http://www.mediafire.com/?zumjnyzywdy (24mb)
after i dumux them, audio is few seconds shorter then mediainfo reported on TS. is this normal?


can this tool repair video? thank you.
Your posted File (65mb-Sample) ist damaged during BAD-Signal or missing decryption for a short moment. Possibly recorded over DVB-S ?

Try to repair it with Project-X or something else.
Because of this error eac3to thinks its encrypted. Maybe there is realy a single Frame where decryption failed. I dont know if this TV-Broadcaster encypts.

Normaly something like this is not repairable. Best is to delete the damaged part and keep the rest.

eac3to can not repair such errors.
mbcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 23:48   #7806  |  Link
Snowknight26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,390
It's not possible to go from DTSWAV -> DTS without some type of conversion, is it?
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 23:50   #7807  |  Link
nautilus7
Registered User
 
nautilus7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,506
Do you mean w/o dts encoding? It is possible. Just do eac3to input.wav output.dts. If the wav is dtswav then the wav header will be stripped and you'll get raw dts file.

P.S maybe you need -768 if your dtswav is 768kbps, but i'm not sure.

Last edited by nautilus7; 13th January 2009 at 02:29.
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 01:52   #7808  |  Link
jj666
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 150
Hello Madshi,

Found a strange error with 3.01 whilst remuxing two VC1 HD-DVDs I had, Shaun Of The Dead and Motorhead Stage Fright.

Demuxing the video stream (and removing pulldown) with 3.01 produces an un-usable file reported as 8168:6118p in TSMUXER. No problem at all with 2.87 and the same file/settings - reported as 1920:1080p in TSMUXER.

In case this was a problem with TSMUXER, I tried to play the VC1 stream with DGVC1DECNV which resulted in the video driver crashing. Again, no problems with the VC1 stream demuxed with 2.87.

Log files:

Code:
eac3to v3.01
command line: "E:\utils\encoding\eac3to\eac3to.exe"  "E:\bd temp\Motoerhead_Stage_Fright\" 1) 3: "E:\bd temp\Motoerhead_Stage_Fright\video3.01.vc1"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVO, 2 video tracks, 3 audio tracks, 1:29:59
"MainFeature"
1: Joined EVO file
2: Chapters, 22 chapters without names
3: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
4: VC-1, 480i48 /1.001 (3:2)
5: DTS Hi-Res, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 2046kbps, 48khz
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
6: DTS Master Audio, English, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
(core: DTS, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz)
7: DTS, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
[v03] Extracting video track number 3...
[v03] There's no valid framerate in this bitstream.  <WARNING>
[v03] Writing new framerate "24fps /1.001" to bitstream.
[v03] Writing new framerate "24fps /1.001" to bitstream.
[v03] Removing VC-1 pulldown...
[v03] Creating file "E:\bd temp\Motoerhead_Stage_Fright\video3.01.vc1"...
Video track 3 contains 129453 frames.
Video track 4 contains 161802 frames.
eac3to processing took 14 minutes, 12 seconds.
Done.
Code:
eac3to v2.87
command line: "E:\utils\encoding\eac3to\eac3to2.87.exe"  "E:\bd temp\Motoerhead_Stage_Fright\" 1) 3: "E:\bd temp\Motoerhead_Stage_Fright\video.vc1"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVO, 2 video tracks, 3 audio tracks, 1:29:59
"MainFeature"
1: Joined EVO file
2: Chapters, 22 chapters without names
3: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
4: VC-1, 480i60 /1.001 (3:2)
5: DTS Hi-Res, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 2046kbps, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
6: DTS Master Audio, English, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
   (core: DTS, 2.0 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz)
7: DTS, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
[v03] Extracting video track number 3...
[v03] Removing VC-1 pulldown...
[v03] Creating file "E:\bd temp\Motoerhead_Stage_Fright\video.vc1"...
Video track 3 contains 129453 frames.
Video track 4 contains 161802 frames.
eac3to processing took 10 minutes, 58 seconds.
Done.
Cheers,

-jj-
jj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 03:45   #7809  |  Link
setarip_old
Registered User
 
setarip_old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,274
@jj666

Hi!

I know nothing about this software but I see that line 4 of the two logs include different values - 480i48 and 480i60...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 04:47   #7810  |  Link
ragboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj666 View Post
Hello Madshi,

Found a strange error with 3.01 whilst remuxing two VC1 HD-DVDs I had, Shaun Of The Dead and Motorhead Stage Fright.

Demuxing the video stream (and removing pulldown) with 3.01 produces an un-usable file reported as 8168:6118p in TSMUXER. No problem at all with 2.87 and the same file/settings - reported as 1920:1080p in TSMUXER.

In case this was a problem with TSMUXER, I tried to play the VC1 stream with DGVC1DECNV which resulted in the video driver crashing. Again, no problems with the VC1 stream demuxed with 2.87.

-jj-
I am having the same problem with Apollo 13, and another title, but I don't have 2.87 to test with that.
ragboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 05:18   #7811  |  Link
Snowknight26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I am having the same problem with Apollo 13
I can confirm it. After demuxing the VC-1 track muxing the first 100MB of the EVOs then muxing it with mkvmerge, libavcodec (from ffdshow r2594) crashes as soon as the file starts playing. MPC-HC r969 (internal VC-1 decoder with DXVA enabled) plays it until you stop the video, upon which it also crashes.
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 06:14   #7812  |  Link
sidekick2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 17
I can confirm that vc1 pulled from Bourne Ultimatum hd-dvd also shows up as 8168x6188 res, and won't play in anything when muxed in tsmuxer.

"Profile Advanced@3:Resolution: 8168:6118p Frame rate 23.976"

This is with version 3.01.
sidekick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 09:32   #7813  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMcPool View Post
Sorry madshi unfortunately 3.01 doesnt produce a log when i ask it to convert dtshd to lpcm from the seamless branching titles
My fault. Will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMcPool View Post
2.87-builds the lpcm file from the dtshd but then deletes it at the point of the required second pass leaving only a log file with the error message "The temp file could not be interpreted correctly"
Will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canTsTop View Post
here is sample http://www.mediafire.com/file/kynimztnjwe/333_0_0.ts (~65mb), duration is 3mn 34s, but after i demux it with eac3to, its only few seconds
here is log http://www.paste.lt/paste/092a823690...e882c9b04966a3
it says The source file is encrypted. <WARNING>, but its not encrypted

here is another 2 samples with many errors http://www.mediafire.com/file/iqom3m...th_errors_2.ts (10mb) and http://www.mediafire.com/?zumjnyzywdy (24mb)
after i dumux them, audio is few seconds shorter then mediainfo reported on TS. is this normal?

can this tool repair video? thank you.
Thanks for the samples, but as mbcd already hinted, these files seem to be severely damaged, or maybe only partially decrypted. eac3to can not repair any such errors. It can only skip over errors. Which means that if the source is so much damaged, the output of eac3to can be much shorter than the source file claims to be. There's nothing I can do about that. eac3to's error tolerance just means that *minor* errors in a source file are properly ignored now (not repaired). If you have a really strongly damaged source file, just trash and rerecord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Do you mean w/o dts encoding? It is possible. Just do eac3to input.wav output.dts. If the wav is dtswav then the wav header will be stripped and you'll get raw dts file.

P.S maybe you need -768 if your dtswav is 768kbps, but i'm not sure.
The switch is not necessary. eac3to never reencodes, unless you ask it to.

Normally eac3to does detect dtswav automatically, but there are cases where the detection does not work. Maybe I can improve on that in a future version. For now you can use DtsParser to convert dtswav files to dts. And eac3to can then in any case decode them (if needed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj666 View Post
Found a strange error with 3.01 whilst remuxing two VC1 HD-DVDs I had, Shaun Of The Dead and Motorhead Stage Fright.

Demuxing the video stream (and removing pulldown) with 3.01 produces an un-usable file reported as 8168:6118p in TSMUXER. No problem at all with 2.87 and the same file/settings - reported as 1920:1080p in TSMUXER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I am having the same problem with Apollo 13, and another title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
I can confirm it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekick2 View Post
I can confirm that vc1 pulled from Bourne Ultimatum hd-dvd also shows up as 8168x6188 res, and won't play in anything when muxed in tsmuxer.
Sorry guys, BAD bug. Will be fixed in next build.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 09:33   #7814  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,070
eac3to v3.02 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* fixed: VC-1 stream handling was broken
* fixed: destination file extension "*.lpcm" didn't work with 2pass processing
* fixed: MPEG2 1088 to 1080 cropping was incomplete
* fixed: no log was being created when "temp file could not be interpreted"
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 11:28   #7815  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,070
eac3to v3.03 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* fixed: MPEG2 1088 to 1080 cropping was still incomplete
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 14:04   #7816  |  Link
ragboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
eac3to v3.02 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* fixed: VC-1 stream handling was broken
* fixed: destination file extension "*.lpcm" didn't work with 2pass processing
* fixed: MPEG2 1088 to 1080 cropping was incomplete
* fixed: no log was being created when "temp file could not be interpreted"
Thanks for the quick update, great support.
ragboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 15:39   #7817  |  Link
Chumbo
Registered User
 
Chumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 585
@madshi,
This is an aesthetic issue so no hurry, but I noticed that v3 overrides the DOS window's color settings. Would you consider not overriding this please? Thank you.
__________________
Chumbo
Chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 15:58   #7818  |  Link
ragboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8
I am using eac3to to recode DTS or EAC3 and then tsmuxer to mux to m2ts and then to Handbrake. Handbrake no longer crashes, but handbrake sees the video as 2x the length it should be. If I open the bluray stream direct, I don't have the problem, but I can't read the audio. I have a small EVO file, 65 megs, unilogo.evo, that I use to test, and eac3to 3.03 doesn't seem to work with it. I can upload the file somewhere if you like.
ragboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 16:25   #7819  |  Link
Momber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj666 View Post
Found a strange error with 3.01 whilst remuxing two VC1 HD-DVDs I had, Shaun Of The Dead and Motorhead Stage Fright.
For starters, you need to use -keeppulldown with Motörhead Stagefright. It's not a 24p encoding.
Momber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 18:29   #7820  |  Link
rack04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,526
I have a raw h264 stream that was encoded using x264 with the following avs script:

Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\Personal\Videos\sample.mkv", fps=23.976, audio=false)
Spline64Resize(1280,720)
When I take the raw h264 and mux to mkv using eac3to v3.03 it is reported as 23 fps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mj1tuomhmul

Code:
eac3to v3.03
command line: eac3to "C:\Personal\Videos\sample-output.h264" "C:\Personal\Videos\sample-output.mkv"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
h264/AVC, 720p23 (16:9)
Muxing video to Matroska...
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track 1 contains 256 frames.
eac3to processing took 1 second.
Done.

Last edited by rack04; 13th January 2009 at 18:32.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eac3to

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.