Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 18th May 2007, 12:52   #1  |  Link
Valeron

A fatal bug(probably) from Live Messenger 8.1 would cause your box unstable

hi, folks.
an encode error involved me for weeks
u can check it here
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125611

here today i reach the origin of this error
the damn hell Live Messenger 8.1 has a bug will cause fatal error to calculation accuracy required application.

Test with Prime95, MAC(Monkey Audio encoder with -v parameter to verify APE file)and XviD decoder(with ffdshow and XviD) it's caused by the Alert&Sound playback routine. whenever this routine run, an calculation error would be held immediately. so it's not a bug "must" for MSN used. Just simply disable all the sound event would save your system from the risk of calculation error.

Yes, i just test it in my own box and haven't confirmed it with 3rd party. so i just say it "probably".

enjoy(yep, i know this is not a correct word for a bug report but u still can save ur box from unstable risk, right?)

Last edited by Valeron; 18th May 2007 at 12:55.
Valeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 17:20   #2  |  Link
squid_80

I had a very similar problem with windows messenger v8.0.0812.00 except it wasn't disrupting my encoding, it was causing errors in work units processed by the BOINC distributed computing client.
squid_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 18:34   #3  |  Link
Awatef
A CORE Media Player User

And I had a problem with an updated version of Live Messenger that would block my PC when I'm watching TV on DScaler!
Uninstalling and going back to the original Live Messenger version solved the problem!