Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 1st January 2002, 17:09   #1  |  Link
Kedirekin

DVD Decryptor questions

I just used DVD Decryptor for the first time, and though it was a pleasant experience, I do have some questions. I checked Flexion.org, but didn't find any answers in my quick visit.

First, is there documentation? Basically I'm looking for a description of what the less-obvious options in the settings dialog do (okay, there are only two - Detect Mastering Errors and Fast Error Skip - probably doesn't justify full documentation).

I did get one error that I wasn't expecting. It happened on VIDEO_TS.VOB. To summarize:
Code:
ASPI Command Error
Sense Area: (lots of numbers)
Interpretation: Copy Protection Key Exchange Failure - Key Not Present
I did not get an error ripping the same file with Smart Ripper. At first, I thought it might simply mean the file wasn't encrypted, but when I right-click the file and choose Find Key, it says that it is encrypted (it gives the error above first, but when I click ignore, I do get the key dialog). On the other hand, SR says it is not encrypted.

Is this a common error? What does it mean? Can I safely ignore it? Also, is there a way to copy the text from the error window?

Incidentally, I checked all the vts files from the rip. They have been decrypted fine (and they were encrypted in the first place - a copy via explorer produced a vob full of hash and green frames).

I really like the Default Destination: Generate Automatically option. Is there a way to set it so it goes to a subdirectory? If not, no big deal - I can easily do a move in explorer once ripping is finished.

Lastly, is there a way to rip just one PGC from a set of vobs? Is this what the Multi Angle Processing setting does? How do you choose the PGC you want?

Sorry for the length of this post. I appreciate any and all responses. TIA.
Kedirekin is offline   Reply With Quote