Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 24th March 2007, 16:42   #1  |  Link
celineg

How do I get Audio TS & Video TS files onto a dvd disc

Hi - I've just used DVD Shrink to copy a dvd to my hard drive.
I used to use Nero to then burn this onto a disc but that's uninstalled because it conflicted with the dvd burner that came with the pc (Sonic Digital Media LEv7).

But Sonic doesn't seem to let me burn the video onto a DVD-R, except as data, rather than the actual movie.

DVD shrink said I could use any burning software to do so but I can't see how. I've also got Windows Media Player 9.

I suppose I could reinstall Nero but that would mean uninstalling Sonic first. So I just wondered if I've missed something and does anyone know of a way to copy the original dvd to a dvd-r in my situation?

Many thanks and regards.....Celine
celineg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 17:15   #2  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

You can use ImgBurn's build mode with those files to create a disk.
CWR03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 17:52   #3  |  Link
celineg

Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded Imgburn but don't know how to use it! I've had a look around it and gone into build and selected the folder to copy and it seems to but when it comes to burning it says the disc doesn't have enough capacity to burn it to. It will allow me to continue anyway but I don't understand why the disc isn't big enough - it's a DVD-R 4.7GB and all my other discs have fitted onto these. Are there any instructions anywhere for using ImgBurn - I've clicked on the help button which wants to take me to the ImgBurn homepage but then I get page unavailable.
Any more advice??
Old 24th March 2007, 18:33   #4  |  Link
celineg

Update....played around again with it and seem to have got it to work! Firstly ran the DVD through DVD shrink and saved on hard drive (realised then when it saved it told me it was saved just to a Video_TS folder. So using ImgBurn build mode, just selected the Video_TS folder and that burnt no problems. Maybe the disc capacity message was because I was previous including the root folder (the DVD name) which had Audio and Video TS sub folders and I was including both in the burn list. Course the audio folder had no files in it anyway. So, I hope I've done it right and if so, will continue to use ImgBurn. Still would like to know if there's an online guide I can read for future though. Many thanks again....Celine