Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 29th July 2006, 19:45   #1  |  Link
chilledinsanity

AVIMux not handling AC3 muxing properly for me

I've recently run into an encoding where whenever I try to use AVIMux to mux an AC3 file (5.1 channel) with an AVI, it will complete the process, then when I play it in Media Player Classic, I will receive the message:

"This AVI was not prepared for sequential reading"

and then the whole clip will immediately do a smooth stuttering motion. I've used AVIMux for years and have never seen this happen, I do not know why this clip is different. As an experiment I tried doing the same thing in Virtualdub and it seemed to play fine (but I only watched a little bit of the movie).

It used to be that Virtualdub shouldn't be used to mux AC3 files with video, is that still the case? Does anyone have any ideas/alternatives as to what I can do?

EDIT:

Forget this post, upon closer examination I'm noticing something is defective with the AC3 file itself even though BeSliced didn't pick up anything

Last edited by chilledinsanity; 29th July 2006 at 20:57.
chilledinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote