Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video

Old 14th December 2001, 00:23   #1  |  Link
Chetwood

Can't capture Divx compressed with VirtualDub

My Celeron 800 runs on a Win2k box. When I load any video file into VirtualDub 1.4.7 I can only select Divx 4.11 under compressen but not Divx 3.11a which is also installed. It's getting even worse when I try to capture compressed. When entering capture mode the codec select box does not list any Divx codec anymore, so I can only capture to Intel Indeo, Cinepak and Microsoft Video1. How come?

I do need much frames or high resolution. 352 x something suits me fine and should cause no problems for my low end system. However, I would like to capture directly to Divx & mp3 (this works, I can select any bitrate). For a test I captured uncompressed video and mp3 audio which worked fine. So how come I can't compress to Divx on the fly? TIA!
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2001, 01:05   #2  |  Link
Cart

You probably need to change your video format. Try switching between YUY2, UYVY, RGB24, RGB32 until you can choose your DivX codecs.

I don't recommend capturing with MP3 compression. It's better to capture uncompressed audio and compress to MP3 afterwards.

-Cart
http://www.geocities.com/lukesvideo/index.html
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote