Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd November 2006, 08:54   #101  |  Link
easy2Bcheesy

How difficult would it be to be able to encode and mux our own .m2ts files? Could any of the recognised HD formats be used, eg 720p/59.94?

Last edited by easy2Bcheesy; 3rd November 2006 at 09:01.
easy2Bcheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2006, 21:19   #102  |  Link
mikeathome

Hi,
I am lost with these .m2ts. I don't get any audio playback using CoreAVC Ver. 1.1 + Haali.

I did demux with xporthdmv.exe and get the 3/2 AC3. But no sound when playback a .m2ts with MPC. MPC is using the internal MPEG-2 Splitter which does not recognise the AC3 audio in these streams.

In Graphedit Haali does not accept the .m2ts, not supported... What is the trick? Does it work at all with Haali, or do I need to install Nero Showtime or PowerDVD 7? Elecard did gave me an Error Message as well, may be my early trial version. Which exact versions are you using?

mike

Last edited by mikeathome; 7th November 2006 at 21:36.
mikeathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2006, 04:17   #103  |  Link
pstdenis

mikeathome,
the filter graph in graphedit for me contains
m2ts Elecard MPEG Demultiplexer Version 1.0.1.9 (Build 51017)
Elecard AVC/h.264 Decoder DMO
the audio part comes from
AC3Filter v1.01a 2002-2004 by Alexander Vigovsky
pstdenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 19:16   #104  |  Link
easy2Bcheesy

I have an AVCHD disk image here, about 92mb. It is a UDF 2.5 Nero NRG image. I burnt the file and am using Nero InCD to view it on Windows XP. It was generated by the new Sony HDR-UX1 camera.

As AVCHD could be an invaluable way to produce very easy, homebrew high definition DVDs playable on any Blu-ray player (including PS3) is there any appetite amongst the more talented people here to reverse engineer it so we can produce our own high definition DVDs?

The File structure is very straightforward:

BDMV
|_BACKUP
|_CLIPINF
|_PLAYLIST
|_STREAM
index.bdmv (1K)
MovieObject.bdmv (1K)

There is nothing in the BACKUP folder.

There are a series of files between 500-800 bytes long in the CLIPINF folder - filenames correspond to the streams into the STREAM folder, but the files have a CLPI suffix, eg 00000.CLPI

In the PLAYLIST folder is one file - 00000.MPLS. Hex-editing it I can see all the filenames in the STREAM folder so I guess this is a playlist object that runs all the videos on the disk in sequence.

In the STREAM folder you find all of your AVC .mt2s files, in the case of this image 00000.M2TS to 00006.MT2S

If you look on this page you can see the PS3 playing back an AVCHD disk from the same camera as my disk image. A googled translation of a feature on this camera can be found here.

If any one wants the image, please let me know and I'll post you a link. It is not copyrighted material being derived from the camera and a couple of moments' worth of shooting.

Last edited by easy2Bcheesy; 13th November 2006 at 19:36.
easy2Bcheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 19:37   #105  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy2Bcheesy View Post
If any one wants the image, please let me know and I'll post you a link. It is not copyrighted material being derived from the camera and a couple of moments' worth of shooting.
Well.... I'm certainly interested in the "image" file
Old 14th November 2006, 15:26   #106  |  Link
mikeathome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstdenis View Post
mikeathome,
the filter graph in graphedit for me contains
m2ts Elecard MPEG Demultiplexer Version 1.0.1.9 (Build 51017)
Elecard AVC/h.264 Decoder DMO
the audio part comes from
AC3Filter v1.01a 2002-2004 by Alexander Vigovsky
pstdenis,
THANK YOU!

I installed latest Elecard Player and AVC Plugin. The Demultiplexer version is 2. The Elecard AVC/h.264 Decoder DMO does not show up anymore in any filter tool. They probably blocked it from being used by any other soft than the Elecard Player. With the Player the clips play w/o prob incl. AC3 sound.

The AVC filter can't be chosen in Graphedit either ... blocked. Need to get hold of an old version. The new version shows Mainconcept as authors.

mike
mikeathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 19:53   #108  |  Link
kensystem

Do you archive your AVC camera to disc? Read this...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ighlight=avchd
kensystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 03:38   #109  |  Link
DJ_Izumi

I'm using MPC with Haali (I think it's using Haali) and CoreAVC Pro 1.1 to decode these m2ts and some M(2)TS streams off the Sony HD camera in question. I'm not getting any audio decoded, is the splitter just not capable of parsing that?
DJ_Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 03:05   #110  |  Link
aolmos

Hi,

For those of us using Linux, I put together a readme and some sample scripts on how to convert .m2ts files to a format playable with mplayer.

Here's a link to the package I put together:
http://www.olmosconsulting.com/m2ts.tar.gz

Here is the procedure used:
1. Use xporthdmv to convert the file into .mpv and .mpa files.
2. Use ldecod to convert the .mpv file into a .yuv file.
3. Rename the .mpa file ldecod created to .ac3
4. Convert the .yuv file into a .y4m file using yuv4mpeg.

At this point, you have a .y4m file and .ac3 file which should be
standard.

5. Use ffmpeg to create a .avi file that contains the .y4m
transcoded to something else and the .ac3 file.

Sample commands:
xporthdmv -nh FILE.m2ts 1 1 1
ldecod -i bits0001.mpv -o /tmp/FILE.yuv
mv bits0001.mpa /tmp/FILE.ac3
yuv4mpeg -w 1440 -h 1080 -x 420mpeg2 < /tmp/FILE.yuv > /tmp/FILE.y4m
ffmpeg -i /tmp/FILE.y4m -i /tmp/FILE.ac3 -acodec copy -vcodec h264 -sameq -s 1440x1080 -aspect 16:9 -b 15000000 FILE.avi

If there is anyone out there who knows what they are doing with ffmpeg and
has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Axel
aolmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 04:06   #111  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

@aolmos
Nice work. I look forward to testing on my linux box.
Old 22nd March 2007, 14:14   #112  |  Link
ib84

i successfully converted several AVCHD-files on my Mac as described several times before, using xporthdmv, ldecod and ffmpeg.

As it has been stated several times now, ldecod is extremely slow (1ghz G4Powerbook 1 second becomes 1minute Processing!!).

I have been searching doom9 and google about x264 support of PAFF interlacing, hoping for a considerable perfomance boost.

According to
http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/x264-de.../msg00018.html
and
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ight=PAFF+x264
>there is< x264 support for PAFF-interlacing.

Still, i did not find any post about the actual process of decoding/transcoding AVCHD-mt2s-files using x264/libavc instead of ldecod. There was some discussion about a x264_parse-patch for mp4ip that i did not understand completely, but demuxing is not the problem.

maybe i am too stupid to read it out of it, i am not an export, but to me it seems there is only support for PAFF-encoding, but not PAFF-decoding. is this true?

could someone please clarify this?

Is it possible to decode AVCHD-files (H.264/HighProfile/PAFF-Interlaced) with Opensource?
when yes, how exactly do it, given the bits0001.mpv output form xporthdmv?

thank you very much for any answers
ib84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:56   #113  |  Link
toytown

Not sure if your aware, but encoding to HDAVC can now be done in the newest nero, i was trying it today and its quite quick and good quality.
toytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 12:36   #114  |  Link
ib84

@toytown: yeah, i know there already exists something on windows. sometimes it would be good to have a normal PC...

however, i´m sitting on a mac, so i would like to know, if with the recent PAFF-support included into x264, you can transcode demuxed AVCHD-files into i.e. MJPEG?

Besides speed boost, i hope also that this will provide me with more control on the transcoding process, such as H.264 deblocking, scaling& deinterlacing from 1440x1080i/60fps to 1920x1080p/30fps, desaturate, etc.
But this is not the question here.
I just want to know how to do transcode the demuxed AVDHD-files with x264 , ffmpeg, mencoder or any other Opensource-tool.

thank for any answers!
ib84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 00:11   #115  |  Link
jchunter_2
jchunter

I am trying to import an .m2ts file that was originally taken from a Sony SR1 into Ulead Video Studio version 11. However, it won't do it without most / all of the AVCHD DVD directory structure.

I don't have an SR1 and so don't know exactly what the dir structure is and what are the essential files and file formats. I have tried the dir format listed by easy2Bcheesey (posted in this thread, earlier) but no cigar, yet. VS needs something in the other folders.

Has anyone worked out the file organizations of the auxilliary files e.g., in CLIPINF and PLAYLIST folders?
jchunter_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 05:00   #116  |  Link
Konstantin

Hi All,
For movie file conversion from Sony AVCHD format to MPEG-2 HDV and MPEG-2 DVD compatible formats you can use Elecard Converter Studio AVCHD Edition.
Read more here:
http://www.elecard.com/products/prod...-studio-avchd/
Konstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 11:02   #117  |  Link
jagaskywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytown View Post
Not sure if your aware, but encoding to HDAVC can now be done in the newest nero, i was trying it today and its quite quick and good quality.
I have created several AVCHD tests DVDs using Nero Vision, testing AC3 and LPCM tracks. I play them using the Playstation 3.

My experience is that audio is always out of sync (it seems that AC3 is worse than LPCM). I would expect this to be an "issue" of Nero, but I cannnot confirm as I do not have any other source for AVCHD discs (i.e. with the full AVCHD disc image).

In PS3 it seems that 5.1 AC3 multichannel is kept (when using AVCHD discs). Unfortunatelly, when playing the m2ts files directly in the XMB audio is sent to the optical output as PCM 2.0....

In addition to the audio problems, Nero Vision offers little "tunning" of the output (e.g. no 720p to save some space). Is there any other AVCHD authoring software allowing such control ? (and with 5.1 AC3...)

Thanks
jagaskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 03:39   #118  |  Link
Konstantin

Elecard AVCHD to DV Transcoder

Hi All,
Elecard AVCHD to DV Transcoder is an incredibly easy and handy tool for digital camcorder owners who want to convert their videos from AVCHD® to DV format. This tiny program will do the exact conversion you have wanted since you bought your camera.
All you have to do is to open an AVCHD® video file or folder that contains your AVCHD® videos taken with your digital camcorder (for example, Sony® HDR-SR1E, Panasonic® HDC-SD1) and click the Convert button. Now you have a DV video file that you can open in any audio/video editing application such as Microsoft® Windows® Movie Maker.
Read more here:
http://www.elecard.com/products/prod...dv-transcoder/
Old 11th July 2007, 08:11   #119  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
Hi All,
Elecard AVCHD to DV Transcoder is an incredibly easy and handy tool for digital camcorder owners who want to convert their videos from AVCHD® to DV format. This tiny program will do the exact conversion you have wanted since you bought your camera.
All you have to do is to open an AVCHD® video file or folder that contains your AVCHD® videos taken with your digital camcorder (for example, Sony® HDR-SR1E, Panasonic® HDC-SD1) and click the Convert button. Now you have a DV video file that you can open in any audio/video editing application such as Microsoft® Windows® Movie Maker.
Read more here:
http://www.elecard.com/products/prod...dv-transcoder/
And it costs $35.00 US
Old 11th July 2007, 08:14   #120  |  Link
Konstantin

Yes it cost 35$. You can read more info here: http://www.elecard.com/products/prod...dv-transcoder/

Best Regards
Konstantin