Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 3rd May 2006, 17:32   #1  |  Link
DocB

AVSCutter: Nonlinear editing from AVS to AVS

For editing AVS video streams I wrote the tool AVSCutter that accepts AVS commands to specify a video source. The source can be split into clips, the clips can be combined to a film. The final film will be exported as AVS script.
Maybe the tool is also helpful for others.
For documentation and download see: http://www.ecs.fh-osnabrueck.de/avscutter.html
DocB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 17:36   #2  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Yes! Great man, I have been waiting for something like this to come out. I can't Program so I would have done it if I could. Thanks again man!
Old 3rd May 2006, 18:58   #3  |  Link
guada 2

Interesting DV2AVSCutter.. Humm

But, I dont succeeded in making a to copy to glue on your utilitarian AVSCutter, it is normal or not.
guada 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2006, 23:54   #4  |  Link
DocB

Sorry guada 2, I do not understand your question.

DV2AVSCutter requires an AVI file recoded from a digital camcorder in DV format with embedded date and time information. It creates a project file suitable for AVSCutter with already defined video source and with defined clips based on the date and time information.
The project file must be loaded with AVSCutter.
Does this helps you?
Old 4th May 2006, 22:31   #5  |  Link
guada 2

Sorry for my english.

I would like to do a copy glue of a avs file (limitedsharpen) that I have in your software.
is it possible or not?
Old 5th May 2006, 00:26   #6  |  Link
DocB

Quote:
Originally Posted by guada 2
Sorry for my english.

I would like to do a copy glue of a avs file (limitedsharpen) that I have in your software.
is it possible or not?
I still don't understand what you mean with "do a copy glue"!?

Do you want to apply "LimitedSharpen" on your source video stream? If yes, you really can do that.
E.g if you completely prepare your video source in an AVS file (which returns your filtered video stream), maybe "c:\myvideo\source.avs", you can import this file in the "AVS Source"-Tab of AVSCutter:
Code:
Import("c:\myvideo\source.avs")
Alternatively you may edit the AVS code that specifies the source video stream (which may be generated from DV2AVSCutter) in the "AVS Source"-Tab and apply arbitrary AviSynth-filters on the source. Before editing you must press the red button to unlock the source, which changes to green. When you finish editing you must re-lock the source by pressing the green button which then changes back to red. Be aware that you do not change the lenght of the source because this may influence the clips.

Furthermore you can apply filters on each Clip individually. Enter the filters in the "Additional AviSynth Functions" box at the bottom of the Clip window. The current clip can be accessed via the "last" variable.

Did I get it now? If not, please explain your question in more detail and give me an example about what you want to do.
Old 5th May 2006, 04:56   #7  |  Link
dvdRENEGADE
***** General *****

[QUOTE=DocB]I still don't understand what you mean with "do a copy glue"!?

He's obviously using a translating program of some sort. The "glue" is being substituted for "paste". I believe he's asking a "copy and paste" question.
dvdRENEGADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 08:10   #8  |  Link
dosdan

Is DV2AVSCutter available yet?
dosdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 08:20   #9  |  Link
guada 2

sorry DocB,

Quote:
I believe he's asking a "copy and paste" question
thanks dvdRENEGADE

I have a script avs: limitedsharpen.
I would like to "copy and paste" in your software.
But, it doesn't work. it is normal or not.

Bye.
Old 5th May 2006, 08:33   #10  |  Link
DocB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosdan
Is DV2AVSCutter available yet?
Yes, see my website http://www.ecs.fh-osnabrueck.de/avscutter.html.
Old 5th May 2006, 09:02   #11  |  Link
DocB

Quote:
Originally Posted by guada 2
sorry DocB,

thanks dvdRENEGADE

I have a script avs: limitedsharpen.
I would like to "copy and paste" in your software.
But, it doesn't work. it is normal or not.

Bye.
It works on my computer. The program is based on the FLTK toolkit which handles the clipboard. Sometimes I had problems doing "copy and past" from external programs after doing internal "copy and paste" inside the program. Try to start up AVSCutter and do the "copy and past" from your external program immediately after loading your project file.
I just checked the FLTK homepage (http://www.fltk.org/) and recognized that a new version of the toolkit exists. in the bug list I found a fixed bug in the newest version 1.1.7 that "Fl:: paste() would sometimes not recoginze external changes of the clipboard (STR #722)". I will try to compile AVSCutter with this new version and inform you when I am finished.
(Maybe I should add a feature to edit the AVS snips in a normal editor program in a further program version. This box-editing has some more limitations.)

Nevertheless I would not copy a whole script into an AVSCutter input box. It is better to place the script in a separate AVS file and then import this file with the import command, similar like this code snip for the "AVS Source"-Tab of AVSCutter:
Code:
Import("c:\my_avs_scripts\limitedsharpen.avs")
AVISource("c:\my_video_sources\this_source.avi");
LimitedSharpen(last)
If you are common with AVS you may generate a film (Menu: "Write AVS file") and inspect the resulting AVS file. You will find your code snips inserted in the film description. I expect that this will explain a lot.
Hope this will help you.

Last edited by DocB; 5th May 2006 at 12:30.
Old 5th May 2006, 23:00   #12  |  Link
DocB

guada 2, I just put a new version 1.2 of AVSCutter on the net. The only difference to the previous version is that it is linked with FLTK 1.1.7. Does now "copy and paste" works?
If you paste into the "AVS Source"-box make sure that the button right below shows green color.
Old 17th May 2006, 13:06   #13  |  Link
DocB

Using V.C.Mohan's "TransAll"-plugin for custom transitions

I added an example on the AVSCutter Website how to use V.C.Mohan's "TransAll"-plugin in AVSCutter via custom transitions.