Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 ASP

Old 8th December 2001, 02:02   #1  |  Link
Topo Gigggio

Sbc Vs AviMerge

I've tried encoding with Divx4 and Divx3.11+NanDub, but I obtained better results by using divx3 and avirevolution. The Divx4 movies I make are played very slowly by windows media player in fullscreen or at a resolution higher than the avi's original one, I guess because of my Pentium III 450 but it's strange because I use the same resolution and bitrate of low motion encoding. The avi that come from
nandub are very poor in quality compared to the merged ones; in nandub I used the settings suggested in the article I had read on this site.
Can someone give me any opinion?
Topo Gigggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2001, 04:31   #2  |  Link
rmatei
newbie extraordinaire

I'm not sure I understand your problem. You're saying your Avirevolution file is better than both Nandub & Divx4? If so you're obviously doing something wrong, and without further info all I can say is, reread the guides more carefully. Or use GK instead of Nandub.
Old 9th December 2001, 19:56   #3  |  Link
Topo Gigggio

Divx4

You're right I solved my problems with divx4 by re-installing my OS, and I must say that it was worth it, because quality is now sensible better; I don't plan to use nandub because it is less simple than 2 pass divx4 encoding and there is no remarkable difference in the results in my opinion. Can you explain to me why it is impossible to me to see decently an avi divx4 when I set my Vga (Hercules 4500 tv-out) in 24 bit colors and I set fullscreen in any media player? It's the same problem I had before uninstalling Windows Millenium and reinstalling it: losing of frames and definition with squared pixels (no overlay?)
Old 17th December 2001, 02:52   #4  |  Link
Kurd

@Topo Gigggio
I read you use Avirevolution, i love this prog too.
Can you tell me your settings when you ecode your DVDs.
Do you use Dualoutput, Keyframes ?
And is there a newer Version of Avirevolution?
Kurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2001, 15:20   #5  |  Link
Topo Gigggio

I'm sorry, I don't use this prog anymore. Also since I began using Divx4 I have deleted it from my Hard Disk. I can tell you that after the first scan of the two avis I changed the expected final size of the movie in order to fit a cd-size. I can't remember any other usefull setting. Sorry