Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd December 2005, 23:36   #1  |  Link
GZZ

ECLCCE only set one core to be used in CCE

I have been using the freeware version with CCE and ECLCCE. But I have found out that every time it starts CCE to encode a cell. I dosen't set the program to use both of my cores. I got an Athlon X2 4200+ and if I open up task manager and find CCTSPT.EXE and right click and choose connection, only CPU 0 are checked, not CPU 1. If I check this and press ok, cce starts to use around 80-85% CPU compare to 48% with only one core. But I can't set CCE manually every time its starts on a new cell. So chould it be possible to do something that automatically sets it to use both cores. I think the problem is in ECLCCE, because CCE use both cores if started manually, but not when running though ECLCCE.

GZZ
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 00:16   #2  |  Link
Rockas
Ridendo Castigat Mores

Try the CCE 2.70 Trial... 2.70.XX versions don't need EclCCE

www.dvdrebuilder.com
RME
Rockas Software
Rockas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 09:43   #3  |  Link
GZZ

I had some small problems with 2.70 and I don't think it can be minimize to tray as the one using ECLCCE can.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 18:41   #4  |  Link
apfraats
Banned

Nope as it is now, DVD-RB-PRO has less or little support for 2.70.02 the version I'm trying now.

DVD-RB-PRO happens to work with CCE 2.70.x.x , but nothing special is done for it, as far as I understand. You have to select CCE TRIAL and minimize encoders however to get it running. However despite the minimize setting , still a progress window is displayed on screen, very annoying, but older versions with CCE 2.66/2.67 did also take focus away when a new segment started. That progress window popping up, even WITH the minimize setting is annoying however, but else it even won't work at all.

A lot of things to set in 2.70 aren't available through DVD-RB-PRO now.

But THE reasons why you should use CCE 2.70.0.2 and up are:

- There is a better encoder engine, especially with fading scenes now blockiness pictures are gone.
- It's faster even on AMD based CPU's.
- It's directly driven by DVD-RB-PRO and it will probably use both CPU cores, in youre case.

By the way, when I'm running whatever version of CCE it's using 99% of my single core CPU, not only 48% or something.

Last edited by apfraats; 26th December 2005 at 18:45.
apfraats is offline   Reply With Quote