Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 22nd November 2005, 17:15   #1  |  Link
Trevoc

Frame error in VirtualDub

I have a stand-alone DivX player that doesn't support QPEL and GMC. So I re-encoded my avi. But VD crashed at frame 22196. So I removed that frame, but still it crashed on frame 22196. So I removed both 22196 and 22197. But still it crashed at frame 22196. Then I let VD scan for frame errors. But it found none. Then I tried a different codec (DivX in stead of XviD). But still the same problems.
Does anyone have a clue what the **** I am doing wrong. Or how I should do this?

Trevoc
Trevoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2005, 09:56   #2  |  Link
stephanV
gone

They question is: did VirtualDub crash on frame 22196, did the decompressor crash on that frame, or did the compressor crash on that frame?
stephanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2005, 17:44   #3  |  Link
Trevoc

I have the latest version of both DivX and XviD. I triend to make a mpeg with TMPGEnc, but this also failed (presumably at the same frame).
So if this is the problem, then most likely the decompressor is broke. But recompressing other avi's, from the same serie, was no problem.
Trevoc is offline   Reply With Quote