Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 14th December 2001, 20:40   #41  |  Link
Morgan

Looking Good....

Hi

Well I hope that the issues with CCE may have been resolved or at the least worked around.

I have made a copy of the film The Hole without needing to alter the Max bitrate or average bitrate and it did a multi pass (3) and completed fine.

Not only that but it did the whole film in 11 hours in total - that IS a record, for me anyway...

Hope that it has worked out ok for the rest of you, good luck

Morgan

Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2001, 03:26   #42  |  Link
robsheldon

Well I reckon this maybe a bios setting problem.

I had exactly the same problems as you guys, It would get to 30ish % and then just stop. It would close down no problem but would never finish the rip. I tried on both win2k and winxp.

Anyway, I was having a few other niggly problems with my pc. So i did a bit of searching and found this thread :-

http://www.amdmb.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=82226

basically its a guide of how to set up the motherboard I use. I did everything this guy says and now my pc is perfectly stable and dvd2svcd now works perfect, even without altering bitrates etc.

I know this is a walkthrough for an msi motherboard, but I was thinking it maybe worth your while having a look at the bios settings he recomends and seeing if there is something there that might make sence as to why this is happening. I am posotive it was the bios settings that fixed it for me as i had tried everything else prior to this. Unfortunatly I cant remember exactly what settings I altered acordng to his guide but I know i did a few (eg altering ddr voltage to 2.6) and disabling a few bits n bats.

For info I was trying to do Scary Movie,and had only tried that one dvd (about a dozen times!!)

Anyway, bloody excellent program now its working!!

cheers
rob
robsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2001, 21:54   #43  |  Link
moviemandvd

Mine worked as well by changing the bitrate settings. Another thing that could have caused this....I have made maybe 15 backups so far using dvd2svcd and never once has this problem happend to me, the other day i got a new hd and transfered the dvd2svcd program over to it. cce was still on my other drive. When i started encoding my most recent movie this is when cce crashed. So i put everything back to my old hd and changed the bitrate settings and now it works fine. So I am not sure wich one fixed the problem.
moviemandvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2001, 16:01   #44  |  Link
moviemandvd

Could anyone explain to me why cce would crash at 99%? there were no errors or anything just frooze at 99 percent. said not responding in task manager. it was after 29 hours of encoding.
moviemandvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2001, 07:09   #45  |  Link
Duo Maxwell

CCE Priority

am I the only one that monkied with the priority level of cce?
I set it to high and it worked fine (once). But since then everytime I encode, I can't play the resulting mpg, probably because I re-installed 2k and didn't re-install cce...
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote