Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 12th October 2005, 11:17   #1  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

DVD/MPG/AVI to MKV/AVI/MP4 (plus X264.exe) /DVD conversion tool (GPLed)

(i post here because it is a general pourpose encoding program...)
Hi All
Here is my simple program to convert mpeg and avi files to avi/mp4/mkv video formats.
It is a windows application using state of the art component for doing its job.
Video is processed with DGindex, audio with lame/oggenc/aacenc video using XivD or X264 VFW or X264.exe codecs.
You can choose 2 audio tracks and 2 subs tracks (only graphical, so for mkv muxing), for resizing several filters.
Is possible to specify output width (autocropped) or using autoresize based and compression test.
Is possible to deinterlace specifying denterlacer (tdeint/tomsmocomp/reduceby2/kernerldeint).
Is possible to load user specified filters.
Muxing is based on mkvmerge/avimux-gui/mp4box.

One big notes: while processing video the applications hangs... (sorry, i try to solve this), so simply reduce it to icon

other notes: its a beta release !

here the link MkvMagic.67 beta (12 mb)
This is the full package, but you need avisynth (2.56+),xvid (1.1.0 beta2+), x264 (r3777+)

The application is released under GPL, but source code is in PowerBasic (i am a newby...) and released if asked.

I am glad to help anyone.

BHH

EDIT: sorry for my bad english

EDIT2: the application will process even DVD/IFO/D2V. Choose your dvd drive e click "check drive" !
Choose audio and subs and press start !

Last edited by buzzqw; 12th December 2005 at 13:09. Reason: Update version
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2005, 08:07   #2  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Here a snap-shot image. (and a mini manual)

direct link : http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9...magic091fh.jpg
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Click on Input button for processing mpeg file (or anything that could be processed by DgIndex)

Click on Output for choose output directory (the output file will be named movie.avi/mkv/mp4)

If you want to rip and process a DVD (non already ripped) on choose dvd select your dvd drive e press Check Drive.

The ifo-parsing routines will detect main movie, audio tracks,subs tracks.

Choose Container (as MKV or MP4 or AVI)

Choose split size (in MB) (Set MB Size Unit) and Number of Units (of split): so for a 2 cd encoding choose 700 on Set MB Size Unit and 2 as Number of Units

Choose First Subtitles track if you want any (or choose NONE for no subs), same for Second Subs track. Subtitle will be ripped by VobSub and muxed with MKVMerge (these subs will not be encrusted/hard, but show if direct vobsub is loaded and enabled)

Choose First Audio traks (or NONE for no audio) and choose encoding type (mp3/ogg/lc-aac/he-aac/ogg 5ch/lc-aac 5ch/he-aac 5ch), and bitrate/quality/preset. If you want only 1 audio on Choose Second Audio Track tick to NONE.

Select Choose Resizer: PointResize, BicubicResize, SimpleResize, BilinearResize, Lanczos4Resize, LanczosResize or
HybridFuPP Resizer with its presets
HybridFuPP Very Low Quality Source, HybridFuPP Low Quality Source, HybridFuPP Medium Quality Source, HybridFuPP High Quality Source, HybridFuPP Very High Quality Source, HybridFuPP HybridQ, HybridFuPP Anime1, HybridFuPP Anime2.

For Width you can set manually or let the application, after a compressibility test (done during encoding, not immediately), will choose appropiate Width.

Same for Aspect Ratio, let choose program or manually set it. NOTE AR setting is applicable only if container is MKV.

In Set encoding mode you can choose your video codec and as video must be processed. This is the list of encoding mode already supported:

1 Pass CBR : automatically the bitrate/settings will be applyed for an CBR encoding (defaut XviD settings is stored in exe folder in "cbrpass.reg". Tune to your taste. Bitrate will be set by application)
2 Pass Full Automatic XviD: the application will process your video source for a 2 pass encoding (defaut XviD settings is stored in exe folder, for first pass "xvid_1_1.reg" and for second pass "xvid_1_2.reg". Tune to your taste. Bitrate will be set by application)
1 Pass Manual XviD: XviD vfw configuration will be popped-up. Set all for your needs. This settings will be exported and used for 1 pass encoding
2 Pass Manual XviD: XviD vfw configuration will be popped-up for 2 times. Set one for first pass and then for second pass. This settings will be exported and used for 2 pass encoding
1 Pass Manual XviD but Automatic BITRATE: in this processing mode you will set all parameters (b-frames/vhq..) BUT the bitrate will be set by application (calculated on final size, Set MB Size Unit*Number of Units)
2 Pass Manual X264 but AUTO BITRATE: X264 settings will be asked 2 times, one for first pass encodind, then for second pass encoding. Set to your needs. Application will set final bitrate based on final sized
1 Pass Manual X264 but AUTO BITRATE: X264 settings will be asked 1 time, for a one pass encodind. Set to your needs. Application will set final bitrate based on final sized (but if you choose an encoding based on quantitifier this will be respected)

NOTE: if you choose 2 pass manual ... or 1 pass manual : CLICK ON CONFUGURE CODEC !

On Choose Filter you can choose if apply a filter to your video.
A quick list of predefinied filter to load:
Convolution3d (preset="movieHQ")
Convolution3d (preset="movieLQ")
Convolution3d (preset="animeHQ")
Convolution3d (preset="animeLQ")
Convolution3d (preset="animeBQ")
Convolution3d (preset="vhsBQ")
Cnr2()
Cnr2("xxx",4,5,255)
RemoveGrain(mode=2)
RemoveGrain(mode=3)
RemoveGrain(mode=5)
FluxSmoothT(7)
FluxSmoothT(14)
FluxSmoothST(7,7)
FluxSmoothST(14,14)
FluxSmoothT(14)
MipSmooth(preset = "movieHQ")
MipSmooth(preset = "MovieHQ2")
MipSmooth(preset = "MovieLQ")
MipSmooth(preset = "MovieLQ2")
MipSmooth(preset = "VHS")
MipSmooth(preset = "AnimeHQ")
MipSmooth(preset = "AnimeLQ")
MipSmooth(preset = "Rainbow")
Undot()
QMF() Script1 / QMF() Script2 / QMF() Script3 / QMF() Script4 --> these are preconstituited filter in script directory. Edit files to your taste BUT do NOT change names !

Is possible to load 3 filters. On first 2 Combo is possible to load predefinied filter. On "Write your filter configuration" you can write you filter settings (like Deen() or ColorMatrix()...), a big note: if you write here a filter configuration the needed dll must be loaded. Check Defaul.avs in filter directory, any dll listed here will be loaded dinamycally (and the needed dll must be put in filter directory) at script creation.

On Deinterlace is possible to apply a deinterlacer routines:
TDeint()
KernelDeInt(order=1,sharp=true)
TomsMoComp(1,15,1)
ReduceBy2()

This box is editable so if you what to do ... edit to your needs

On last box is possible to impose import of your avs script in avs created by application.
Edit "Write here your avsi script To Import. As Import("c:\plugins\ipp.avs") And DONT' FORGET TO LOAD NEEDED DLLs in DEFAULT.AVS" to a string that will be writed in avs.

Hope that Helps !

BHH

Last edited by buzzqw; 17th October 2005 at 13:32.
Old 15th October 2005, 21:18   #3  |  Link
hpn

The idea behind this tools is not bad. I just tried it and it seems like a Gordian Knot alternative. However lots of work still has to be done. I'd say it's more like pre-alpha candidate, rather than close to any beta (beta means a working program, that only needs some small tweaking/bugs fixing). But it could become a good tool if you keep working on it. One thing I'd like to see added to "Set encoding mode" is "2-pass automatic x264". You don't need to ask about the settings for each of the two passes, like you do now, because it's useless (even harmful) to change the encoding options between the first and the second x264 pass. So "2 Pass x264 manual" should not exist at all as an encoding mode. Another thing is that I couldn't make any avs input to work, only VOBs, plus it somehow processes only the first VTS_01_1.VOB, not all VOBs (the complete movie) as a sequence, the way that DGIndex works. Also It's a bad idea to ask people to enter all possible paths each time they start the program. You include all additional tools needed in the package and the program knows very well exactly where they are. It's highly unlikely someone to move them to other folders, so you could just use the default folders instead of asking. Just keep working and post new versions info whenever available.

Last edited by hpn; 15th October 2005 at 21:46.
hpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2005, 21:46   #4  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
The idea behind this tools is not bad. I just tried it and it seems like a Gknot alternative or something. However lots of work still has to be done. I'd say it's more like pre-alpha candidate, rather than close to any beta (beta means a working program, that only needs some small tweaking/bugs fixing).
Thanks for the feedback !

Quote:
But it could become a good tool if you keep working on it. One thing I'd like to see added to "Set encoding mode" is "2-pass automatic x264".
There is allready this mode ... I prefere to choose my x264 settings based on source. But i will create some goog preset based on guide !

One note: if you choose 2 pass manual xvid or 2 pass manual x264 or 1 pass manual (or anything with MANUAL word) you must click on configure codec !
As i wrote, the application will ask for codec settings (i can guaranty that all encodings mode are fuctional)

Quote:
I couldn't make the avs input to work, only VOBs, plus it processes only the first VTS_01_1.VOB, not all VOBs (the complete movie) as a sequence.
I know this ! The solution is to rip in one big file or when digindex start indexing ,stop it load all vobs and then save movie.dv2

If you let do rip by program dgindex will process all vobs (of main movie)

Actually isn't possible to load avs, only file that can be processed by dgindex

Quote:
Also It's a bad idea to ask people to enter all possible paths each time they start the program.
This is very very strange ! in the same directory as mkvmagic.exe, first time program is launched a mkvmagic.ini is created with all path ! (i think you delete it..., so the program will ask again paths...)

A big thanks for the feedback !

i will try to solve all problems

BHH
Old 15th October 2005, 22:18   #5  |  Link
hpn

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw
This is very very strange ! in the same directory as mkvmagic.exe, first time program is launched a mkvmagic.ini is created with all path ! (i think you delete it..., so the program will ask again paths...)
BHH
I mean it's not even necessary to ask even once at the first start. You could just include in the package a preset mkvmagic.ini with your default paths and if someone needs to change the paths later (and the ini file respectively) just let him do it by the Setting button you have. For example if someone downloads new versions of the same tools to some other folders, not your default ones and needs to make the program use these alternative paths. But it wouldn't be necessary for anyone to change the paths if you always include the newest versions of these tools in the package with each new MkvMagic version (just like the other developers do). You can even make a "lite version" without any extra tools for advanced users who are supposed to already have these extra tools and just ask them to set the paths manually by the Setting button only once and then make a full version with all tools included for all other not so experienced users.

one bug: If you already have specified some path or file in the Input or Output fields and then click Input or Output button and then "Cancel", everything that is already set in the Input or Output field dissapears and I have to set it up again.

Last edited by hpn; 15th October 2005 at 22:30.
hpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2005, 10:10   #6  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

thanks for the bug reports !

i'll try to solve on next days (with a adjust on autosize routines)

Have you been able to do a 2 pass x264 encoding ? (if not .. post your question, please)

Best Regards

BHH
Old 17th October 2005, 13:25   #7  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Update MkvMagic to 0.095

download from
read first post
How to Update :

Substitute old MkvMagic.exe with the new exe; substitute old default.avs with the new (only if you think to use LeakKernelDeint).
Add LeakKernelDeint.dll to filter directory

Changelog !

Added LeakKernelDeint to list of possible deinterlacer
If browse for input file is cancelled, then the input file is reset to default
If browse for output dir is cancelled, then the output dir is reset to default
Now is possible to mux both mp3 and ac3 in avi
Enabled Avi split
If autosize check will bring a width => 900, b-frames is no more used
If autosize check will bring a width <900 >704, b-frames is set to 1

BHH

Last edited by buzzqw; 12th December 2005 at 13:09.
Old 24th October 2005, 15:04   #8  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

A new update !

read first post

please visit the now official thread of MkvMagic

Thanks !

BHH

Last edited by buzzqw; 12th December 2005 at 13:10. Reason: updating