Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 22nd December 2006, 14:38   #501  |  Link
jinjin_jp

It should rather be posted burning forum?
But it is concerned above post.

I tryed NeroExpress-Burning in every condition of 0KB VOB and IFO (sector information), and noticed that error message is different each other. ("It failed in the relocation of the DVD-Video file" is commom message.)

(1)0kB VOB exist, "Start of VTSM_VOBS" is size of IFO file ;
=>"The size of the file is not integral multiples of size (2KB) of a logical block. "

(2)0kB VOB exist, "Start of VTSM_VOBS" is 0 ;
=>"File "VTS_01_0.VOB" is not referred, and not prepared."

(3)no 0kB VOB, "Start of VTSM_VOBS" is size of IFO file ;
=>"Necessary file "VTS_01_0.VOB" is not prepared."

(4)no 0kB VOB, "Start of VTSM_VOBS" is 0 ;
=>No Problem.

Regards.
jinjin_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:02   #502  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It's again a good indication that those empty VOB files should really be avoided, as they are causing many problems. However, obviously, Nero is wrong once again (as 0Kb is a multiple of 2KB.)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:11   #503  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

IIRC, mpucoder said that if there were no menu files, Start of VTSM_VBS must be 0, as should the offsets for start of VTSM_C_ADT and VTSM_VOBU_ADMAP

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:41   #504  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Right, but we are still not sure if those pointers must be 0 when an empty VOB file exists. Obviously, Ner0 is never able to deal with them.
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:45   #505  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

And why doesn't that surprise me?

Bon nuit de Downunder!

Regards

Old 23rd December 2006, 10:46   #506  |  Link
Ambermoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Yes, Ambermoon, go on and try ImgBurn v2 in build mode. It is easier to use than PgcEdit, and has exactly the same features (32K gaps, intelligent and correct layer break placement, optional inclusion of DVD-ROM files, etc...) And, as zacoz said, you don't need to create an ISO first!

However, ImgBurn v2.0 still doesn't have a preview when selecting the layer break cell, but the next version will have it. In the meantime, if you need it, you can use the PgcEdit preview in the PGC Editor to locate your preferred layer break cell.
Well, I'll check that.
Referring to the error I get. It comes up, as it seems, when there are more files next to the VIDEO_TS directory, they do not have to be in the VIDEO_TS directory itself (did you mean this: the same parent directory for DVD-ROM files and the VIDEO_TS directory? Then I misinterpreted your answer). As soon as the parent directory of the VIDEO_TS directory contains no other files it works (at least with a second directory for testing purpose).

But that still doesn't explain the "user 'log' doesn't exist" message.
Ambermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:13   #507  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, when I said "They are the files in the folder containing the VIDEO_TS folder", I was referring to the parent of VIDEO_TS. Everything enclosed in that folder is burned (except the backup files and folders.)
Old 23rd December 2006, 22:28   #508  |  Link
masscamp24

LayerBreak

How can I remove layerbreak with v8 beta x. I use to do same through PGC Editor in v7.4 now with v8 there is only seamless branch.

Last edited by masscamp24; 23rd December 2006 at 22:32.
masscamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2006, 02:00   #509  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

The Seamless joint cell is the opposite of the old Layer Break designation. Simply tick the seamless cell and you've removed it.

Regards

Old 24th December 2006, 06:14   #510  |  Link
masscamp24

@blutach

Hey Blu thanks it worked - Great programme- Merry Christmas blutach.
masscamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2006, 06:05   #511  |  Link
BigCondor

A sudden thought came out of my mind.

We can save menus as bmps and we know where the buttons are. But we can't see the pattern of the buttons or the subpicutres. So is there any way to save the subpictures?

r0lZ, can you add this feature to future releases?

Thanks!
BigCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2006, 06:31   #512  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

That requires a demux of the VOBs. Do it in PGCDemux.

Regards

Old 25th December 2006, 06:39   #513  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I can't do that easily. Maybe it's something to add in DVDSubEdit (as the subpic bitmaps are decoded anyway.)
Old 25th December 2006, 07:46   #514  |  Link
BigCondor

Hey guys, I think you both have mistaken my demand. I'm not asking for the subtitles of the movies as it belongs to another issue. What I'm asking is the subpicture(as it is called in DVD Maestro) of the menus, i.e. the shapes and colours of the buttons. Atm I don't see any program that can handle this. Usually I grab it from the screen dump from PowerDVD one by one and merge them together.
Old 25th December 2006, 13:48   #515  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The buttons highlights are stored in the subpic streams, just like real subtitles. However, there are additional infos stored in the nav packs to show only one highlight at a time, and to assign some parameters (such as the button command) to them. You can edit those parameters with PgcEdit, but you cannot edit the subpics.

BTW, I've verified, and DVDSubEdit has just the function you need. See File -> Save current subpic as .PPM.
Also, note that the button highlights are usually transparent in DVDSubEdit, and you have to change the transparency value to see them in the GUI (but you don't need to do that to save them to PPM.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 25th December 2006 at 13:52.
Old 25th December 2006, 14:10   #516  |  Link
BigCondor

Thanks a lot for that information. I'll check it up to see what I can do with it.

Just tried it out and it worked. So editing menus will be much easier with that, merry Christmas!

Last edited by BigCondor; 25th December 2006 at 14:25.
Old 25th December 2006, 21:02   #517  |  Link
zacoz

Command design to send disc into never ending loop after "Kill PGC Playback"

Just came across something interesting when trying to bypass Warning and Distributor cells in Cypher (R4) - a command configuration which by design sends the disc into a never ending loop if you try to kill it with "Kill PGC Playback". Each cell (VTSM1 PGC 7 & 8) has a single button on it which in normal playback is never activated. The cell plays and then the control appears to pass to the post commands and the disc continues on normally. If however you utilise "Kill PGC Playback" you are prompted to select a button - you have no choice but to choose the button which passes control to a different PGC than that in the post commands. This "button" PGC is where the disc goes into a loop.

I've gotten around this by removing the SET button highlight and button command that are subsequently inserted into the pre commands by the "Kill PGC Playback" function, thus ensuring control flows onto the previous post commands which are now at the end of the pre commands.

I've emailed what I hope is the relevant info onto r0lZ to confirm what I've found (I could of course be suffering from too much Christmas cheer). If there's an effective automated way to identify or get around this I'm sure r0lZ will come up with it (the loop issue, not the Christmas cheer).
Old 25th December 2006, 21:26   #518  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

No, you are not suffering zacoz. I have seen many DVDs like this, too. It's a design to ensure you watch the warning till the end. I think changing the button to NOP and then Kill playback should work. Of course, Jump to PGC Upon DVD Insert is the most elegant way to skip this mess.

Regards

Old 25th December 2006, 23:13   #519  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, it should be possible to select the SKIP button of the menu viewer in such cases, but I'm not sure I have implemented it (like in the trace mode.) The SKIP button is only available if there is no infinite cell time at the end of the PGC, because that means that the PGC can be played until it ends without user intervention.

Thanks for the report! I'll have a look...
Old 26th December 2006, 00:58   #520  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I have added a "No Button" button in the menu viewer when called from the Kill Playback function. This button is similar to the Skip button in trace mode.

That button is disabled if the menu has an infinite still time, but is not disabled for a looping menu (as it's too difficult to check all commands to determine if the menu loops or not.)

Clicking that button instead of the Kill Playback button kills the playback, but does not simulate a menu button. This way, it is possible to kill playback of a menu, and continue the navigation normally with the post commands.

I don't like this solution too much, because it is possible to create an infinite loop if that option is used on a looping menu, but it's the only solution I've found so far.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th December 2006 at 01:00.